PDA

View Full Version : What Ima do

CollapsedNut
12-25-2006, 12:44 AM
well Ima tell yall what my plans are just for fun and Im board, done playing EQ so now yall get to hear how I wanna do my lil 4afe! haha

Well for starters Im looking into getting a cobalt ss/sc in april. I kinda wanna keep the celica jus tto toy with cause Im leaving the cobalt stock. Ive desided I like my stx, light weight, small economic motor...but I would like it alot more if I swaped it to a 5spd tranny and rebuilt the 4afe with .30 over pistons, Ive been reading about the cams they put into 4afe over seas and it seems kinda cool, and a turbo kit and all the supporting fuel mods, wideband o2 stuff, port and polish ect.... I wanna make the lil 4afe a stong car but Im not asking for a race car...thats what the cobalt is for hehe :) Im basically looking for nice power through all rpm ranges and not compromise the long life of the 4afe...comments questions are sweet
*you may now start the window tint flaming, just get that outa the way*

90CelicaST
12-25-2006, 02:26 AM
How are you leaving the Cobalt stock but then it's going to be your 'race car'?

CollapsedNut
12-25-2006, 03:08 AM
You trash talkin cobalts haha j/k I know they arent the most powerfull thing stock but untill I get it paied off I dont wanna touch it haha

Dan3312
12-25-2006, 06:56 AM
Not to be an ass but your stock Colbalt SS/SC will probably be faster then the Celica until you have a turbo on the 4afe or some pretty high compression pistons. Personally I don't know how much these engines can make before they start to break stuff. If it was me I'd be looking at a motor swap. Either a 4AGE, 4AGZE (heard it's not too easy to do), or 3S-GTE but you need to get custom motor mounts made. All those options make a fair amount (some more then double) more power then your 4AFE at there stock power levels which makes them (IMO) more reliable.
Anyway, lots of options, lots of research, and last but certainly not least, lots of money.
There is a saying Fast, Reliable, Cheap. Pick two because you can't have them all.

burnyd
12-25-2006, 08:06 AM
so your going to buy a boosted from the factory car that can run low 14s stock... but you are going to build your celica that makes 110hp stock that does not dyno tripple digits?

CollapsedNut
12-25-2006, 03:30 PM
I know the cobalt will be way stronger than my lil 4afe and I have looked into all the differant motors to swap into the celica, I just really believe in the 4afe and after seeing what can come out of them my mind is set. The coblat is gonna be my DD and the celica will just be something I mess around with to learn more about turbos before I go skrewing with my cobalt. The biggest reason I dont wanna swap the 4afe is like I just said, the 4afe is more than enough for me to learn on and if I blow it im not out much...

burnyd
12-25-2006, 03:41 PM
I know the cobalt will be way stronger than my lil 4afe and I have looked into all the differant motors to swap into the celica, I just really believe in the 4afe and after seeing what can come out of them my mind is set. The coblat is gonna be my DD and the celica will just be something I mess around with to learn more about turbos before I go skrewing with my cobalt. The biggest reason I dont wanna swap the 4afe is like I just said, the 4afe is more than enough for me to learn on and if I blow it im not out much...

exhaust and pully on your cobalt and it will be faster than your celica ever will be for a fraction of the price to build that motor...

See there really is no reason to even put anything on a 4aF.. the head is for shit.. Its economy and small displacement.. others will disagree but honest to god not worth building/messing with. It makes 110hp stock!

evolution
12-25-2006, 03:54 PM
i think you're missing the whole point burnyd....

he wants to experiment with the engine

sounds like a fun little project Collapsed :D

CollapsedNut
12-25-2006, 04:25 PM

Thats basically the point of it, its a 90 stx with 240k, blue book is like 2k...I figure why not just use it to learn and if i mess it up so what I lost nothing

burnyd
12-25-2006, 04:46 PM

I do but, this outcome has already been found by people barely breaking into the 15s with lots of money into it. Not worth it.

CollapsedNut
12-25-2006, 04:51 PM
I do but, this outcome has already been found by people barely breaking into the 15s with lots of money into it. Not worth it.

O I know man, it will never be fast, Im not askin for it to be, but putting a turbo kit on and doing the computer stuff can only help me learn about it and all that kinda stuff is interchangable so once I know a little about what Im doin a may swap for a 4age, but as of now its pointless for me to swap.

evolution
12-25-2006, 05:05 PM

you're still missing the point :rolleyes:

CollapsedNut
12-28-2006, 02:45 AM
OK, so I really wanna put a 4agze bottom end into the st with the 4afe head so I wont have to wire anything(I think?) and this will be a great base for turbo. I've read everything I can and I have a preaty good idea about how widebands work and why I need one, I know that an adjustable fuel pressure regulator is needed, I know ill need bigger injectors to get the most power, some kinda ecu or piggy back still trying to learn about them but the smt-7 seems to have alot of good stuff, and the biggest part...the turbo..when people say ".60 trim" i have no clue what that means...but I know alot of people use a t3 what ever that is..and ill want to get a oil pressure guage to go along with all this...um..yeah..what am i missing?