PDA

View Full Version : Air/Fuel Guage

roadrunnertrd
12-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi has anyone fitted an air/fuel guage to a 5th gen celica? how easy is it to fit? :ugh:

KoreanJoey
12-23-2006, 09:53 AM
I can't imagine it's too hard.

Hookecho
12-23-2006, 03:54 PM
i have one and it's real simple. 1 wire goes to power source, 1 to ground, and 1 to oxygen sensor. most usually come with a mounting bracket but it looks better in a pillar guage pod.

roadrunnertrd
12-23-2006, 04:56 PM
i have one and it's real simple. 1 wire goes to power source, 1 to ground, and 1 to oxygen sensor. most usually come with a mounting bracket but it looks better in a pillar guage pod.

Where abouts is the oxygen sensor situated? :ugh:

hobbie2k
12-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Look on your exhaust pipe. Towards the front, before the cat. It'll be a part screwed into the pipe with a couple wires coming out.

Hookecho
12-23-2006, 05:52 PM
Where abouts is the oxygen sensor situated? :ugh:

the way i did it was to tap into the sensor wire on the harness going into the ecu. that way you don't have run a wire through the firewall. either way will work though.

roadrunnertrd
12-23-2006, 06:15 PM
the way i did it was to tap into the sensor wire on the harness going into the ecu. that way you don't have run a wire through the firewall. either way will work though.

That must be hard to find the right wire from the ECU? If there are 2 wires coming from the sensor which one do i tap into or does'nt it matter?

alltracman78
12-24-2006, 01:01 AM
It will matter.
One is most likely the heater wire, and the other the signal wire.
You want the signal wire.
Do you have any acess to wiring diagrams for your engine?

roadrunnertrd
12-24-2006, 11:10 AM
It will matter.
One is most likely the heater wire, and the other the signal wire.
You want the signal wire.
Do you have any acess to wiring diagrams for your engine?

Only in the BGB, following wireing diagrams is'nt my strong point. Are the wires from the sensor different colours?

roadrunnertrd
12-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Only in the BGB, following wireing diagrams is'nt my strong point. Are the wires from the sensor different colours?

I've located the sensor, there are 4 wires coming out of it, 2X BLACK, 1X BLUE, 1X WHITE. I believe you have to tap into the wires after the connector?
The wires going into the oxygen sensor connector are: 1X BLACK, 1X BROWN, 1X WHITE, 1X RED. Does anyone know which one of these wires i need?

Gary
12-26-2006, 07:15 PM
From the harness, it is the "white" wire.
This should connect to the "blue" wire that comes off the Oxygen sensor.

roadrunnertrd
12-26-2006, 07:55 PM
From the harness, it is the "white" wire.
This should connect to the "blue" wire that comes off the Oxygen sensor.

Thanks mate, now all i have to do is choose the gauge i like. :D Do you know of any good web sites that does gauges?

Gary
12-26-2006, 08:27 PM
All narrow band A/F gauges are the same (fancy voltmeter)
Autometer seems to be very popular.