PDA

View Full Version : Nu Finish Scratch Doctor

tippycanoe2
12-20-2006, 10:49 PM
http://www.nufinish.com/products.html#

Wow! I got this stuff because someone wrote 'wash me' on the hood of my very 91 Celica GT. After washing it, the words were scratched right into the clear coat! It took LOTS of elbow grease, but this stuff really brought my cloudy finish back to life.

I applied it and buffed it off as per directions. Afterwards I could see clean, shiny paint in some spots and hazy spots in others. I took the still damp application cloth and started buffing. I could literally see the paint swirls and haze slowly disappearing as I buffed. Years of crappy car-wash turtle wax came off too. Later I went over the car again with a clean cloth.

Other products I've tried are MUCH less work to use, but they leave paint swirls as they strip off the haze. The abrasive in the Scratch Doctor seemed much finer and it removed the haze without swirls.

It doesn't seem to protect the finish like a wax though. Water beads up somewhat after using it, but not like after a waxing. If your paint is cloudy and you have ~4 hours, try it.

k2skater
12-25-2006, 12:27 AM
yea, that stuffs pretty decent. you should buy a polisher you will be amazed by the results with a polisher and some good polish

Ads28
12-30-2006, 08:02 PM
i used it today, not bad not bad, i still have alot of scratches thou, but i think id have to do some serious buffing and polishing to get them out, but yeaa Nufinish did a not bad job ill give it a B+