PDA

View Full Version : "WHY I LOVE TOYOTA"

96st_gold
12-16-2006, 11:06 PM
First, open up the hood of your friend's Cavalier (Chevrolet), look inside.

Then, open up the hood of your sister's Eclipse (Mopar), look inside.

Now, open up the hood of your Celica, look inside.

THAT is why I love Toyota. Toyotas are beautiful.

DOMESTIC BITCHES!!!! HAHAAAA

(
everybody, why do you love toyota?)

Murgatroy
12-16-2006, 11:19 PM
The Eclipse is not Mopar. It is Mistubishi. Being sold by Chrysler does not make it a Mopar.

MCcelica
12-16-2006, 11:38 PM
The eclipse is DSM. (Diamond Star Motor) the Eagle Talon is the chrysler carbon copy. It's not mopar either, it's DSM too. Same for the dodge Stealth/mitsubishi 3000gt. All dsm. But anyways. I like toyota cause they're practically bulletproof.

Murgatroy
12-17-2006, 12:44 AM
DSM Diamond (Mistu) Star (Chrysler) Merger.

DSM is the Eagle Talon, Mistu Eclipse and Plymouth Laser. IMO they should also include the Dodge Stealth, Mistu 3000GT, Mistu Starion and Chrysler Conquest.

All the cars were manufactured my Mistubishi, but backed by Chrysler to get the cars the fame they now have.

jjazmin
12-17-2006, 12:58 AM
all those cars were actually manufactured by sony and EA..

TheNefariousOne
12-17-2006, 01:38 AM
Uhh maybe it's just me, but opening the hood on a Celica (especially an ST) doesn't scream "beautiful" to me. Just looks ummm...like an old 4 cylinder motor.

ToyotaSupra
12-17-2006, 01:55 AM
I "used" to like toyotas up until they dropped all their sport line cars. I don't ever think they will bring out the supra because they are too caught up in the money making business building ECO cars.

Scion isn't even sporty. The TC is the only thing close to a semi-sport car. That makes me sad. :brick:

Honda- S2000
Nissan- 350z
Mitsubishi- Lancer EVO
Subaru- STI
Mazda- RX-8

Toyota- ??? Corolla Type S?! :laugh:

85gtsblackman
12-17-2006, 02:21 AM
i pop my hood and go yep, toyotas most reliable 4 cylinder ever

then i go, alright what on my list of things do i need to fix :hehe:

96st_gold
12-17-2006, 03:33 AM
The Eclipse is not Mopar. It is Mistubishi. Being sold by Chrysler does not make it a Mopar.

Actually, the 420A engines in the 2nd Generation RS and GS Eclipses are Mopar engines. They are manufactured by Chrysler. That is why when you order parts from them, they come from Mopar, not Mitsubishi.

"The non-turbo motor was a version of the Chrysler Neon engine, manufactured by Chrysler and delivered to and installed at the Diamond Star Motors facility." - Wikipedia

But the 4G engines in the turbocharged Eclipses are Mitsubishi. So most of the Eclipse engines are made by Chrysler, and some by Mitsubishi. I'm not saying all Mopar engines are bad, but what I am saying is that the engineering of the 2nd gen Eclipse engines are nowhere near the same level as Toyota's Celica engines.

And that is why I love Toyota. :thefinger

I "used" to like toyotas up until they dropped all their sport line cars. I don't ever think they will bring out the supra because they are too caught up in the money making business building ECO cars.

I totally agree bro. I love Toyota but.... they are much different now (sniff). They have sold out their racing-car spirit for industry efficiency. I think people like old-school domestic and old-school Toyota for the same reason: back then, it was all about the cars. Now, it is about the car business.

Will we ever see a real Corolla sports car again? Hardly. Celicas are gone. Supras are gone. Toyota is becoming more corporate and it sucks.

Toyoland.com says: "Toyota is reportedly working on a new Scion line for 2007 that will reduce costs by using a more modular architecture - maximizing common ground on the three vehicles. "

So basically, the new trend at Toyota is to make all their cars near the same as possible, to save money.

:( :( :(

96st_gold
12-17-2006, 03:37 AM
Oh, and Nefarious:

Uhh maybe it's just me, but opening the hood on a Celica (especially an ST) doesn't scream "beautiful" to me. Just looks ummm...like an old 4 cylinder motor.

7afe's are BEAUTIFUL!!!! :)

2kSnakEater
12-17-2006, 04:15 AM
I like my All-Trac, it will make a great new home for an LS1 :devil:

burnyd
12-17-2006, 06:14 AM
I like my All-Trac, it will make a great new home for an LS1 :devil:

on my end it will prolly happen some day... but to a st165.... st185s are just too expensive.

2kSnakEater
12-17-2006, 06:20 AM
on my end it will prolly happen some day... but to a st165.... st185s are just too expensive.

I know, and I was just joking. The All-Trac will stay stock, after its all fixed Im really considering maybe selling it and getting a Typhoon, since the Typhoon is just an incredible truck.

burnyd
12-17-2006, 06:32 AM
goodluck there so damn hard to find anymore. But there awesome trucks no lie.. not good to daily drive. I would hate to put a shit load of miles on a collectors truck like those... ls1+ alltrac would be repimpulous!

Rix86
12-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Toyota has lost it's soul to the minivan, truck and hybrid.
so sad.
a rear drive TC would have been cool....

85gtsblackman
12-17-2006, 12:11 PM
remember kids newer toyota sucks

go spend thousands less and buy mid 80s to late 90s toyotas

if u want a car that is as complicated as a go kart, as easy to work on as 1 , and handels like one, buy a 3rd gen, if u want a redicuously fast 3rd gen for cheap buy a 7mgte, can we say 12s

*pictures a guy in a new g35 coupe getting his ass handed to him by what appears to be a stock 3rd gen*

:evilgrin:

ciento44
12-17-2006, 02:32 PM
First, open up the hood of your friend's Cavalier (Chevrolet), look inside.

Then, open up the hood of your sister's Eclipse (Mopar), look inside.

Now, open up the hood of your Celica, look inside.

THAT is why I love Toyota. Toyotas are beautiful.

DOMESTIC BITCHES!!!! HAHAAAA

(
everybody, why do you love toyota?)

That's actually probably my least favorite thing about my celica..... The gutless, ugly-looking engine.

Oh... that engine.... gutless, ugly, and finally got a good piece of that damn GSR last night.... 4 times in a row. (PWNT)

TheNefariousOne
12-17-2006, 04:39 PM
remember kids newer toyota sucks

go spend thousands less and buy mid 80s to late 90s toyotas

if u want a car that is as complicated as a go kart, as easy to work on as 1 , and handels like one, buy a 3rd gen, if u want a redicuously fast 3rd gen for cheap buy a 7mgte, can we say 12s

*pictures a guy in a new g35 coupe getting his ass handed to him by what appears to be a stock 3rd gen*

:evilgrin:

And if you want to be replacing head gaskets all the time, get a 7mgte! :lolhittin

elektrateq
12-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Actually, the 420A engines in the 2nd Generation RS and GS Eclipses are Mopar engines. They are manufactured by Chrysler. That is why when you order parts from them, they come from Mopar, not Mitsubishi.

what about the first ge eclipses? I had one of them. The 1.8 sucked!!!

ciento44
12-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Blah..... 420A. The neon motor. Useless unless boosted.

uselessaz
12-17-2006, 08:04 PM
I love Toyota because I bought a 1996 Celica GT-Four AWD with the 3S-GTE for less than $600. That is some sick machinery for that price. The trick was getting it here for cheap. (its right hand drive)

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/kevin_hunninghake/celica.jpg

Cavanagh
12-17-2006, 09:08 PM
+1

insomnak8702
12-17-2006, 09:15 PM
I love Toyota because I bought a 1996 Celica GT-Four AWD with the 3S-GTE for less than $600. That is some sick machinery for that price. The trick was getting it here for cheap. (its right hand drive)

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/kevin_hunninghake/celica.jpg

under $600!? deng please share how you got it for that much.

96st_gold
12-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Toyota has lost it's soul to the minivan, truck and hybrid.
so sad.
a rear drive TC would have been cool....

Word Rix.

I love Toyota because I bought a 1996 Celica GT-Four AWD with the 3S-GTE for less than $600.

Ummm....

I don't think so, lil' buddy.

I would really like to see that, getting a 1996 GT-FOUR WITH a 3SGTE for SIX HUNDRED. You can't even buy the ENGINE with ECU and harness in good condition for less than a grand. Then you know how much people pay to swap it in? At least another 2 Grand. That's 3 grand all together. And the GT-Four is a rare car.

And also, I don't think they didn't even PUT the 3sgte in the '96s, at that point wasn't it only the BEAMS 3sge? Sheesh man, I'm just not buying that

96st_gold
12-18-2006, 12:01 AM
That's actually probably my least favorite thing about my celica..... The gutless, ugly-looking engine.

Man, what is UP with you people???! Lol

I'm sorry, but seriously.... what other engine do you know besides a 7afe that was engineered perfectly, has tons of space to work in, and looks great just the way it is? Geez, I am totally disagreeing with yall on this one. I think I'm going to have to upload some pics for debate. Listen, why is everyone bashing these things? Hello, here is what TOYSPORT says:

"The various FE series engines (using the FE head design) are the most thoroughly developed and purpose tuned Toyota power plants."

Cavanagh
12-18-2006, 12:41 AM
And also, I don't think they didn't even PUT the 3sgte in the '96s, at that point wasn't it only the BEAMS 3sge? Sheesh man, I'm just not buying that

Nah GT-4s had the 3sgtes in them throughout there career. Its (now i mabye be wrong) the SSIIIs that rock BEAMS.

ciento44
12-18-2006, 02:07 AM
Man, what is UP with you people???! Lol

I'm sorry, but seriously.... what other engine do you know besides a 7afe that was engineered perfectly, has tons of space to work in, and looks great just the way it is? Geez, I am totally disagreeing with yall on this one. I think I'm going to have to upload some pics for debate. Listen, why is everyone bashing these things? Hello, here is what TOYSPORT says:

"The various FE series engines (using the FE head design) are the most thoroughly developed and purpose tuned Toyota power plants."

That may be so.... but i have a 5sfe.

wizzards581
12-18-2006, 03:37 AM

Scion isn't even sporty. The TC is the only thing close to a semi-sport car. That makes me sad. :brick:

Honda- S2000
Nissan- 350z
Mitsubishi- Lancer EVO
Subaru- STI
Mazda- RX-8

Toyota- ??? Corolla Type S?! :laugh:

its the corolla xrs. we (corolla xrs) beat a 93 civic hatch w/ GSR last nite. going to run a rsx-s in a bit. we are expecting to beat it as well...

burnyd
12-18-2006, 04:32 AM
Word Rix.

Ummm....

I don't think so, lil' buddy.

I would really like to see that, getting a 1996 GT-FOUR WITH a 3SGTE for SIX HUNDRED. You can't even buy the ENGINE with ECU and harness in good condition for less than a grand. Then you know how much people pay to swap it in? At least another 2 Grand. That's 3 grand all together. And the GT-Four is a rare car.

I think he goofed and ethier ment 6k or 600 for shipping. Which both are possible. I see them in the uk for us currency on their version of ebay go for around 6k all the time... and I have checked for shipping... also would cost under 1k to get it heer from the uk....I dont think regged one would make it that hard at all.

burnyd
12-18-2006, 04:35 AM

Im not trying to be a dick because its not nice to make fun of people but, you need to search up on f heads... there garbage... other than using them for economy based.... g = high flowing head. Way better cam / head design... and that 117hp is quite a potential of a power house :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

uselessaz
12-18-2006, 04:09 PM
'96 st, i think you need to do a little celica research. I'm not gonna judge or flame you on here, but do a little research. why do you think they put the gte engine in the MR, cause it sucks? anyway.

my buddy is in the marines, he was stationed in Toyota and Nissan heaven. with the exchange rate it was only $600 or roughly 50,000 yen. shipping was $800. registration was suprisingly easy. insurance is killer!!!

im not here for you to "buy" me, i was just sharing. this site is really useful and seems like most are intelligent on it so i thought i would share.

p.s. my buddy got a '97 Silvia KS stock that he has put a lot of mod on/into. ill get a pic and put it on if anybody is interested. its from Japan also, pretty sick. :bigthumbu

uselessaz
12-19-2006, 04:01 AM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/kevin_hunninghake/silvia.jpg

He has nothing to spend his money on but cars, must be nice!!! He's working on getting an Altezza. I wish I could afford to get another one with him, but I'm putting my money into the Celica. This site is one of the best I've found so far, I have some high hopes now.

Murgatroy
12-19-2006, 09:35 AM
I heard a rumor one time, is it true that if you are stationed overseas for a long period of time, if you are shipped back to the States, you can bring your personal vehicle with you? My grandfather did it with a Mercedes, but that was in the 60's and I am certain things were less stringent back then.

PhillyDRFT
12-19-2006, 09:42 AM
I heard a rumor one time, is it true that if you are stationed overseas for a long period of time, if you are shipped back to the States, you can bring your personal vehicle with you? My grandfather did it with a Mercedes, but that was in the 60's and I am certain things were less stringent back then.

Ive heard the same thing before and wondered if it was bullshit or not. Never looked into it tho so Id like to know the answer to this too

KoreanJoey
12-19-2006, 09:52 AM
The F motors were never designed to be sporty and hence why they suck as a sporty motor. That's no fault in the engine or the manufacturer. They designed to make some torque from low in the RPM range w/o boost. For instance my 3SGE really REALLY hates low RPMs... but past 3500 I have so, so much more go than the 5SFE it's stupid. But from idle to 3500 the 5SFE spanks me.

96st_gold
12-21-2006, 07:03 AM
Yea yea

You guys are probably right.... ok so the 7afe ain't THAT great an engine, so what it's what I got and I like it, to each his own!

:) Thanks for all the comments though, I like this board!

Tommy91GT
12-21-2006, 07:50 AM

Yeah, for those of us in service stationed overseas, once we head back statesides the government will ship back 1 car free of charge. Any additional cars can be shipped back for a little less than a grand. But you still have to deal with EPA and DOT bullsh!t. On the basic vehicle you have to have all the emmissions stuff added, all glass replaced to safety glass (to include headlights) plus any other safety BS they deem the car needs (like addition safety supports in body). Average conversion cost is around $2-3K on family cars. Sport cars jack the price up big. I priced the conversion on a JDM RHD Supra and I was quoted a minimum of $7K. I do believe he possible got the car for around $600, hell I can get Skylines for under $3k all day. But conversion costs kill. Also on conversions, the vehicle must be taken back to US Stock Specs. So if you have an aftermarket exhaust, you have to play to have a stock exhaust put on! On some cars the ECU's are flashed to drop them down to US Spec (Mainly sky's and silv's).

david in germany
12-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Tommy, Welcome back!

Tommy91GT
12-21-2006, 09:29 AM
Thanks Dave. Made it back just in time for the holiday.