PDA

View Full Version : '91 Convert - What's it worth?

NealWright
12-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Alright, car's not for sale ... I fully intend on keeping the thing, but I was rear ended last night. Tore up qtr panel and trunk lid pretty good. I'll get my body shop estimates, but totally expect insurance will say it's totalled.

So, now that all that fun begins (been through this a time or two) ... what do you all figure replacement cost would be?

Car was in pretty good condition, no rust, perfect interior, newer top. Engine was great with a new timing belt, water pump. Brand new exhaust, brakes. Original engine/tranny (5-spd). 161k miles. All options I can think of, including System 10.

KBB says $4800 in excellent condition ... I'd consider mine very good. There's a similar one at a dealer in town for $6500 (too high I know). Not including those that got a smoking deal for a $1k ... what do you think cost would be to actually replace this car today? (including any delivery charge) $4k??

Thanks, Neal

Fuelish
12-15-2006, 10:10 PM
KBB says $4800 in excellent condition ... I'd consider mine very good. There's a similar one at a dealer in town for $6500 (too high I know). Not including those that got a smoking deal for a $1k ... what do you think cost would be to actually replace this car today? (including any delivery charge) $4k??

Thanks, Neal Hmmmmmm, I can't comprehend "delivery charge" on a vehicle, but I paid somewhat less than $4000 for a '92 vert (seems to have everything but sys10, but has aftermarket)) in very good cond.
I'm not quite sure from your original post if you're asking if your car's worth getting fixed, or what a "replacement" might cost. If insurance co "totals" it, it's best to move on, imho.....sorry to hear about the accident, hope all works out for ya...maybe you'll find a good deal on another old 5g vert :cool:

2kSnakEater
12-15-2006, 10:44 PM
I wouldnt settle for anything under $5k, those 90-93 Verts are like gold to dealers.

NealWright
12-16-2006, 01:20 PM
No, not asking whether it's worth to fix ... I'm definitely not getting rid of it, regardless of whether I have to drive with it crunched.

I am asking about replacement cost. If you've never had to go through this insurance "totalled" before, it does involve quite a bit of negotiation for what "replacement" value will be.

Since I only know of one vehicle available within a 200 mile radius (it's $6500 at the dealer) ... I figure that I will try and also negotiate delivery charges as part of a replacement cost (the car would have to come from outside of my immediate area).

Thanks for any help, Neal

VikingJZ
12-16-2006, 02:23 PM
It depends on how good of shape the car is in. Does it have rust? Is the paint faded? Body damage? What about leaks? Milage?

Check: www.kbb.com

That should give you a decent idea of what to pay.