PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Anual Christmas Meet, Jan 2nd, Racine WI

Spud
12-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Hello gentlemen. This thread is to announce the time/date/location of an upcoming Toyota meet in Racine WI. The meet will be held at my parents house (due to location/space/roads) starting at 2:00 in the afternoon on Sunday January 2nd.

Who's invited: any toyota enthusiast! This started out as an alltrac meet last year, but it will be extended to any toyota interested, I know for a fact that a few celicas, alltracs, and MR2s will be in attendance at the very least, most likely quite a few of each.

Activities: Hopefully everybody can arrive promptly at 2, or soon there after. If any of you guys want to come earlier than that it'd be cool too. We'll have a bbq supplied by me: brats (for SURE, beer battered mmmmmm), burgers, chips etc. My wife will probably make some cookies or something too. If you guys wanna bring anything else, or your favorite beverage to pass around feel free. We will hang out at my place and eat for a while, check out the cars, and then go out for a cruise/photo opp on the roads and at a park near by. Closer to night whoever still wants to do things can stick around, we could go bowling or go out to eat or something like that. There's some good bars and places to hang out in etc up in Miluwakee (20-30 minutes north). Whatever people are up for.

Thats all for now! Let me know if you can make it for SURE, and I'll add you to the list here. I'm posting at several other toyota forums as well. Let me know if you have any questions. When we get closer to the date I'll post the address, the zip is 53185 if you wanna see how far it is away.

PARTICIPANTS:

Spud: MR2 if the roads are CLEAN :) otherwise the GT
PlayForToday: Celica alltrac
GT4: GT-four alltrac

UPDATE: With the meet more than three weeks away we have confirmations on at least:

2 alltracs
5 MR2s
3 Celicas
2 Supras

Schmleff
12-03-2004, 03:36 AM
Hey spud, I will see if I can swing it.

Spud
12-03-2004, 04:15 AM
sweet, just let me know. Would be cool, I've never met you before. Pretty sure John was planning on it but haven't gotten a confirm form him yet....it'd be good to have ya!

johnL
12-03-2004, 10:10 PM
I will be there. Are we going to any local gravel playgrounds? j/k What car should I bring? LOL hardest part!! Is the trampoline set up?

John L.

Schmleff
12-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Ya, if there is gravel I am sorry to say that the celica will stay home that day.

I cant get there till about 3:30 or so. I live way up nort ya know hey.

Spud
12-04-2004, 03:19 AM
Ya, if there is gravel I am sorry to say that the celica will stay home that day.

I cant get there till about 3:30 or so. I live way up nort ya know hey.
no gravel, unless you WANT gravel, like your brother, lol. But no there's no gravel going to the location.

GT4
12-04-2004, 05:06 AM
Well, might as well make post #1 here....

I've got the on-call pager that weekend :(

but...yes there is a but...i can probably switch with someone or have someone take it over for me a day early. I think they'd be a bit pissed if a hospital called and i told them it would be an hour and a half until i had access to high speed internet ;)

I'll see what i can do. If i can get out of that, then i plan to come. I got colin's winter tires on now...i dont know how long it's been since the Four has had the original rims on it. But the trip up to Eau Claire and back burned a quart of oil - looks like i may have to do a rebuild sooner rather than later. Okay, enough blabber for now....

Spud
12-04-2004, 06:19 AM
Well, might as well make post #1 here....

I've got the on-call pager that weekend :(

but...yes there is a but...i can probably switch with someone or have someone take it over for me a day early. I think they'd be a bit pissed if a hospital called and i told them it would be an hour and a half until i had access to high speed internet ;)

I'll see what i can do. If i can get out of that, then i plan to come. I got colin's winter tires on now...i dont know how long it's been since the Four has had the original rims on it. But the trip up to Eau Claire and back burned a quart of oil - looks like i may have to do a rebuild sooner rather than later. Okay, enough blabber for now....
Thanks for posting David, I'll put you down unless you tell me you can't work it out. It'd be great to see you there

94CelicaRedHatch
12-06-2004, 10:41 AM
hell id love to go, let me see if i can get off work for it

medivh66
12-06-2004, 04:28 PM
i would have been down but i am going to be hungover/working that day. plus i dont have celica. and will be driving my dads scooby wagon. altough i could have brought the camry

Spud
12-07-2004, 05:38 AM
UPDATE: With the meet more than three weeks away we have confirmations on at least:

2 alltracs
5 MR2s
2 Celicas
2 Supras

I just posted a thread on the supra forums tonight. Maybe a few will sign up. I'll keep you guys posted. :)

johnL
12-07-2004, 11:40 AM
Its not how many celicas are not showing up, its how many I have to leave behind. :)

Spud
12-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Its not how many celicas are not showing up, its how many I have to leave behind. :)
heh......so can I put you down john???

johnL
12-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Yes, but I don't know what to bring. I really want to bring the GTS but I don't want to freeze. Bringing the alltrac is boring. I don't know. Should I bring my wife? Jeff, Jay, Ian what do you guys think. Good time for the women too?

John L.

Spud
12-08-2004, 01:47 AM
Yes, but I don't know what to bring. I really want to bring the GTS but I don't want to freeze. Bringing the alltrac is boring. I don't know. Should I bring my wife? Jeff, Jay, Ian what do you guys think. Good time for the women too?

John L.
It'd be awesome if you took the GTS, I'd enjoy seeing it, and I know a lot of other guys would too. Just get a cigarette lighter power converter and a space heater! lol

Sure you can bring your wife if you want. Not sure if mine will be there or if she'll be busy, totally up to you! FINALLY I can put down a celica on the confirm list! heh

Schmleff
12-08-2004, 02:30 PM
I will be in either the GT or the WRX, not sure, depends on weather.

Spud
12-08-2004, 04:52 PM
I will be in either the GT or the WRX, not sure, depends on weather.
ok, I'll just put you down for a celica.....if you bring the WRX thats cool too

94CelicaRedHatch
12-08-2004, 05:53 PM
put me down for another Celica. Im sure I can get off work seeing as how its after the holiday and my place of employment wont be busy at all. That and Im sure no one wants to waste a vacation the first week of the year. I can bring my camera and then when I get back home I can upload all the pics from the meet in OT for everyone to see. Sounds like its going to be one hell of a good time, Ill let everyone know for sure whats up soon :wiggle:

Spud
12-09-2004, 12:00 AM
exellent. What part of west allis are you in? I was just cruising around there in my MR2 earlier today. I'll put you down.

94CelicaRedHatch
12-09-2004, 04:46 PM
exellent. What part of west allis are you in? I was just cruising around there in my MR2 earlier today. I'll put you down.

i live on 113th and greenfield. Im sure you know where that is, I live like 2 blocks from the Jewel-Osco and Wendys just off Hwy 100

Spud
12-09-2004, 07:52 PM
i live on 113th and greenfield. Im sure you know where that is, I live like 2 blocks from the Jewel-Osco and Wendys just off Hwy 100

we live about 7 minutes appart....

Jigglypuff
12-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Do I dare try this again? I could go for some more cheese...

Spud
12-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Do I dare try this again? I could go for some more cheese...
hhmm.....did I miss something?

I'd be happy to have some cheese curds on hand..... ;)

johnL
12-11-2004, 12:53 AM
Jiggy, try it again. :D This time give spud (Ian) or I your cell phone number. I don't think a drunk fest will take over Ian's house like they did our park!! :wink:

John L.

Jigglypuff
12-11-2004, 05:06 AM
I think I might, actually. By any chance are there any ski slopes in WI? If so, I'd definitely drive up there.

94CelicaRedHatch
12-11-2004, 06:51 AM
there are some around here. would be a nice little drive from racine but we have a few here and there

johnL
12-11-2004, 01:48 PM
I think I might, actually. By any chance are there any ski slopes in WI? If so, I'd definitely drive up there.
HAHA define slope. We have a land fill converted to a ski slope in Onconomowoc about 30 miles from Ian's house. We also have one up in Slinger about 40 miles north. Vertical drop of maybe 900 feet. I am not saying they are not fun but when your down the hill in 30 sec and it takes 2 mins on the lift to get back up. You get the point.

John L.

roman
12-12-2004, 01:23 AM
Wait, who has a 900ft drop? I usually go to Alpine Valley and Wilmot during the winter (they're both cheap and close - actually, should be within an hour of Racine), but their 200-300ft vertical drop is just pathetic. I wouldn't mind going somewhere with a 900ft drop... I went up to the UP of Michigan a few years ago, and the resorts up there had a like a 700ft vertical drop and that was already a huge difference.

johnL
12-12-2004, 01:36 AM
Wait, who has a 900ft drop? I usually go to Alpine Valley and Wilmot during the winter (they're both cheap and close - actually, should be within an hour of Racine), but their 200-300ft vertical drop is just pathetic. I wouldn't mind going somewhere with a 900ft drop... I went up to the UP of Michigan a few years ago, and the resorts up there had a like a 700ft vertical drop and that was already a huge difference.
Your right Roman. Open mouth insert foot here for me. :wiggle: I should have just said the slope was really boring and not put a number to it before I knew what the number was. My bad.

John L.

roman
12-12-2004, 02:50 AM
Oh http://forum.miata.net/ubb/frown.gif You had me all excited. Oh well, I guess I'll keep going to the UP until I can afford some trips out west.

Jigglypuff
12-14-2004, 12:33 AM
Why not. Put down another Celica on your list, Spud.

And Roman, which slope would you recommend? Wilmot, Alpine Valley, or should I keep driving north to Michigan?

roman
12-14-2004, 01:07 AM
Alpine Valley is the better of the two and is closer to Racine. However, I'm not sure what type of ski resorts you're used to... Alpine isn't all that amazing either. If you want something half-way decent you can cruise up to Cascade Mountain which just about 30min northwest of Madison. Sure, the UP of Michigan has some of the best ski resorts in the midwest, but I don't know if it's going to be worth it for you to drive those extra 5-6 hours or so to get there... Here are the websites for some of the resorts that I'm familiar with and my PERSONAL rating of each one. Note that these ratings are based on a midwest scale, not the Rockies scale ;) I tried my best to put them in order of distance from the closest to the furthest. I did not include all of the resorts because there are some (such as Rib Mountain) that simply aren't worth the drive ;)

Alpine Valley Resort (http://www.alpinevalleyresort.com/skirun.php) WI [* * * - -] Advantage: distance // Disadvantage: under 300ft vertical drop

Wilmot Mountain (http://www.wilmotmountain.com/map/trailmap.htm) WI [* * - - -] Advantage: price // Disadvantage: even lower than Alpine

Cascade Mountain (http://www.cascademountain.com/trailmap.htm) WI [* * * * - ] Advantage: not too shabby! // Disadvantage: holiday pricing

Tyrol Basin (http://www.tyrolbasin.com/basin/trailmap.html) WI [* * * * -] Advantage: crazy terrain park! 25ft lip and more. // Disadvantage: Not for beginners

Whitecap Mountain (http://www.skiwhitecap.com/) WI [ * * * * * ] Advantage: Probably the tallest and largest ski resort in WI // Disadvantage: pricing, distance

Big Powderhorn (http://www.bigpowderhorn.net/map/) UP of MI [* * * * *] Advantage: One of my favorites in the UP // Disadvantage: pricing, distance.

Blackjack Mountain (http://www.skiblackjack.com/trailmap.html) UP of MI [ * * * * - ] Advantage: Huge Halfpipe // Disadvantage: Big Powderhorn is 5min away and is better ;)

(http://www.bigpowderhorn.net/map/%5DBig%20Powderhorn%5B/url%5D%20UP%20of%20MI%20%5B%20*%20*%20*%20*%20*%5D %20%3Cb%3EAdvantage:%20%3C/b%3EHUGE%21%21%21%20In%20my%20opinion%20the%20best %20in%20the%20midwest.%20//%20%3Cb%3EDisadvantage:%20%3C/b%3Epricing,%20distance.%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%20%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%20%5Burl=%22http://www.skiblackjack.com/trailmap.html)Indianhead Mountain (http://www.indianheadmtn.com/trailmap.asp) UP of MI [ * * * * * ] Advantage: Almost like Big Powderhorn. Another one of my favorites. // Disadvantage: Big Powderhorn is 5min away and probably better ;)

Mount Bohemia (http://www.mtbohemia.com/mountain.html) UP of MI [ * * * * * ] Advantage: Highest vertical drop in UP, largest park, TRIPLE BLACK DIAMOND backcountry runs // Disadvantage: Expert trails only. Somewhere between the tree-covered runs and random rocks/cliffs, you will die.

Also another thing to consider is that the big 3 resorts in the UP (Blackjack, Indianhead, Big Powderhorn) as well as Whitecap Mountain in WI have interchangeable multi-day passes. Make sure it's still the case this year, but usually if you buy a multi-day pass for any of those resorts, the others will honor the pass as well.

Also, you're more likely to encounter fresh powder in the UP resorts. Because of Lake Superior, it snows there almost anytime the wind blows from the north/nortwest/northeast. In the wintertime it's pretty much always. They average over 270" of snow every winter. It's insane. The only place in the midwest where I've seen snow piled up to the second floors of buildings.

Mount Bohemia
http://www.mtbohemia.com/Images/pic11.jpg
Mount Bohemia

roman

Spud
12-14-2004, 03:37 AM
update:

2 alltracs
5 MR2s
5 Celicas
2 Supras

94CelicaRedHatch
12-14-2004, 06:34 AM
I might see if my cousin wants to come. He drives a Tercel and he would love to come and shoot the shit about cars and look around at everyones. Would that be a prob or?

Jigglypuff
12-14-2004, 04:36 PM
romanAwesome. Thanks, Roman.

Spud
12-14-2004, 07:55 PM
I might see if my cousin wants to come. He drives a Tercel and he would love to come and shoot the shit about cars and look around at everyones. Would that be a prob or?
sure thats fine, the more the merrier.

Spud
12-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Hey guys. We're gonna meet at a park right by my parents house. All of the cars can meet there, we'll take some pictures, and then we can go from there to the house to eat and hang out etc. The address is:

6300 Heg Park Rd.
Wind Lake, WI 53185

And a car update:

3 alltracs
6 MR2s
5 Celicas
3 Supras

94CelicaRedHatch
12-24-2004, 04:18 AM
i got the all clear at work, see ya then >:)

Spud
12-24-2004, 05:36 AM
i got the all clear at work, see ya then >:)
excellent.......had I added you to the list already?

94CelicaRedHatch
12-24-2004, 05:58 AM
pretty sure u did

roman
12-27-2004, 05:32 AM
Sweet, I might be able to make it! If I can get the engine running by this weekend I should be game. There is a small roadster meet in Racine on the 1st that I want to make it to as well.

This is what the engine looks like now :woot:

http://www.altarf.net/gallery/albums/enginerebuild/buildup04.jpg

94CelicaRedHatch
12-27-2004, 05:59 AM
:bigthumbu :bigthumbu

Spud
12-28-2004, 04:51 AM
Well Gentlemen, only a few days left. The weather is supposed to be above freezing on Sunday, sunny on Saturday, so hopefully the weather will roll over one more day. I'm really looking forward to seeing everybody there.

We will meet at the park for about an hour, take some pictures and wait for everybody to show up. Then we'll go to my house, cook out and check out the rides etc, and from there go for a cruise and who knows what after that.

I will post my cell phone # in case anybody needs to call me to get directions come the day of the meet if you guys get lost etc. If you guys have any other questions or any more sign ups let me know! Get Pumped!!

-Ian 414-334-1306

94CelicaRedHatch
12-28-2004, 05:10 AM
man thats a closer drive than i thought. Ill for sure be there dunno bout my cousin or not, but Ill have my digi cam in hand and have the Celica looking sexy as ever XD

roman
12-31-2004, 08:22 AM
Well, you can count me in now :cool: I fired her up today. Right now I'm doing my first oil change (in the middle of break-in). I should have her broken in by tomorrow. Unless something falls off the car, I should be game for Sunday.

johnL
12-31-2004, 11:57 AM
2 days away and no body has backed out. WOW this rocks!!! I am going to bring my GTS. I have some 3SGTE parts for schmleff to pick up from me. See you all there.

John L.

Spud
12-31-2004, 04:31 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/53185?lswe=53185&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared

wahoooo! 40 degrees and no rain or snow!

Should be a good turn out. Can't wait to see the GTS John!

johnL
12-31-2004, 04:44 PM
Should be a good turn out. Can't wait to see the GTS John!

:hehe: my blue one.

John L.

Schmleff
12-31-2004, 08:37 PM
My gt still needs an alignment so it will be the rex instead

Spud
01-01-2005, 12:49 AM
:hehe: my blue one.

John L.

booooo! why not that trac dude??

johnL
01-01-2005, 01:57 AM
booooo! why not that trac dude??

well, I just feel out of place with the only 165 there. It has an o2 sensor problem too. If you would rather me bring that I will.?.

John L.

Spud
01-01-2005, 05:10 AM
personally I'd rather see another 3sgte! But whichever one you want to bring is fine. I love alltracs... :)

roman
01-03-2005, 07:49 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it guys. Here's my story: http://forum.miata.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=038814

94CelicaRedHatch
01-03-2005, 08:05 AM
hey its all good man. we had a great time but i wanted to see that engine, ah well. heres some pics from ians site http://65.29.187.145/~ian/sites.html