PDA

View Full Version : Regional Heierarchy Structure

Borinal
12-01-2004, 04:07 AM
Ok everyone, USA, big place.
Canda, also a big place!
We have regional sectioned into 3 areas for US, what are your thoughts on Canada also?
Granted they are a "region" but yeah, just like here it's unlikely alot of activity is going to go on nation wide, I guess maybe there just aren't alot of them that post here? Or what? I just don't understand why they aren't cut up a bit like the US. I understand Europe and Australlia and all of that, maybe it's just the community though. But at my other car forums canada is usually pretty close with the us and etc... even international meets and cush. There were tons of Candian Mounties that turned in thier Mooses for fast cars that didn't really have thier own BB's.

Anyways, what do you guys think?

EvilSpeeder
12-01-2004, 04:32 AM
huh?

I like the north, northeast, northwest, south, southeast, southwest divisions for the US. I say we give every other country one section until they prove they have enough members to warrant regional sections. Nothing against our over the pond (or border eh) brothers, but I just don't see that much demand right away.

John

P.S. I'm sure I know you borinal, but who are you???

roman
12-01-2004, 05:24 AM
Even with all the members on Celica.net there weren't enough members in other regions of Canada to warrant their own forums. The regions in the USA forums were split up according to activity and distance. This is why you saw the California forum and a Southwest forum, a Florida forum and a Southeast forum, etc. The California forum, for instance, was so active that if you were from another part of the southwestern USA and you tried to set up a meet or had a question specific to your region, the thread would quickly disappear unanswered because of all the new posts from California.

Borinal
12-01-2004, 07:12 AM
Alright, that's cool. I understand, I just didn't have a good grip on what the member base was like over there at c.net and other celica boards. Forget I said anything.

ronin
12-01-2004, 09:25 AM
forgot LOL.

ATM i dont think we need an AUS section.. i dont think we will be getting many members from there to be honest. ill just fit in wherever something needs to be done.

Playfortoday
12-01-2004, 03:24 PM
ATM i dont think we need an AUS section.. i dont think we will be getting many members from there to be honest. ill just fit in wherever something needs to be done.

You can do it. I know the aussies keep to themselves in their aussie forum, but we offer the same site, just with tons more functionality. Don't be blatant, just talk to some of your friends, and hopefully word will spread.

Luni
12-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Speedtoe you dont know Borinal, hes my good friend in real life and hes my server side, php, guy, hes what Alex and Driven are to c.net cept he actually does stuff when people ask him to