PDA

View Full Version : New to CT, just got a nice RA64 (84 GT hatch)

pythonjosh
12-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Just got a stock and young (at heart) RA64 with the 22-RE with only 138k miles.
My goal is turn the 22-RE into a 22-RTE. If anyone can point me where I can get good aftermarket parts for it that would be great. I'm new to Celicas and don't know where to look for aftermarket stuff. Really lookin for a short shifter kit, Koni adjustible shocks, and all other suspension stuff, sway bars, strut tower bars, springs, etc. Track AND show (kinda, my own lil tweaks and lighting) is my goal. Body kits, hoods (CF?), and MK2 supra spoiler is on the hunt as well.
You guys will prob be seein a lot of me.
Josh

nuclearhappines
12-13-2006, 02:43 PM
welcome to the forum

The only place i know of for 22-re parts is LC engineering

they carry short shifter kits nad turbo kits ...etc

then there's always stock 22rte parts if you can find them

http://www.toysport.com/Technical%20Information/22r_tech_notes.htm

good luck ... :)

Cavanagh
12-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Talk to STXman :) and welcome to the site i hope you like it here.

KoreanJoey
12-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Josh you ho... did you buy the celica I posted up or a different one? And I'm honestly going up there soon to bring you Shelby and pick up your transmission.

hobbie2k
12-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Welcome and have fun. We always need more of the old RWD guys around. I myself owned a second gen coupe when I lived in Australia. Most of these guys with their newfangled Front and All-Wheel Drive, they don't know what they're missing. :D

Cavanagh
12-13-2006, 09:55 PM
You lived in Australia hobbie?

pythonjosh
12-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Josh you ho... did you buy the celica I posted up or a different one? And I'm honestly going up there soon to bring you Shelby and pick up your transmission.
Dude I bought this gen3 not a couple hours before you sent me that link. In a way I'm kickin myself in the ass, but at least I don't have to install a 22re ;)
But since the one I got is only the GT, the suspension blows. But I'm a trackwhore anyway, that suspension's getting all done up.

Nice to be here guys, at first I was tryin to hunt down an AE86, but hatch's are kinda hard to find cheap. I love RWD! I had an MCV20L (gen1 Solara) before this (well still have it actually, but totalled). I miss RWD, I just gotta get this Celi modded up so I can get driftin again, I think starting with a full exhaust system and intake would help it breathe a lot better.

pythonjosh
12-14-2006, 12:14 AM
welcome to the forum
The only place i know of for 22-re parts is LC engineering
they carry short shifter kits nad turbo kits ...etc
then there's always stock 22rte parts if you can find them
http://www.toysport.com/Technical%20Information/22r_tech_notes.htm
good luck ... :)
Thanks man, I've been all over that page before (thanks google ;) ).
Also been all over LCEngineering, no short shifter kits that fit my application there. Thanks anyway man.

85gtsblackman
12-14-2006, 12:42 AM
yay another rwd guy, ok guys dont scare him off

22rte can easily do 200hp and 300 ft lbs tourqe

dobson spings spings (http://www.dobinsonsprings.com/site/html/catalogues/coilspringcatalogue/coilfitmentlist.pdf)

turbo stuff go check out lc engineering, there expensive though but they do have a turbo kit

u can also aquire parts from ebay as well or find a 22rte from an 86-88 toyota turbo truck

rims u can get from ebay, or u can also check koings website liik for wheels called rewinds

theres also adjustible shocks for our cars as well , tokico makes em , also u can use rear shocks for a foucus and a f body camaro ill try to find the years later on the same car u can use a v8 sway bar on the front for and upgrade

if u want a checp wheel and tire upgrade get the gts wheels or celica supra p type wheels

thats all i can think of for now

true fit strut bar for ur cars for $75 bar (http://www.celica-gts.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3970)

hobbie2k
12-14-2006, 12:58 AM
You lived in Australia hobbie?

Yeah. Spent 3.5 years there. Went to Flinders University in Bedford Park, South Australia (a suburb of Adelaide). Met my wife there. And my first Toyota.

Bought a nearly mint '79 RA24 (I think, can't remember for sure) coupe with the 90-something hp 18R and a slushbox. Got :owned: by a Kia wagon. :bigthumbu . But once I rebuilt the carb and replaced a bunch of cracked vacuum tubes, it ran great. That's how I got on this site (or Celica.net, as it were). I looked for pics of my old Celica, but couldn't find any. I think I lost them all when my last laptop was stolen (on Christmas Eve of all times).

Then I sold the Celica for a JDM S13 Silvia, and when that one was totalled by a BMW I got a JDM Y31 Cima Cedric (precursor to the Infiniti Q45).

Sorry for the :jacked:, Josh.

KoreanJoey
12-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Dude I bought this gen3 not a couple hours before you sent me that link. In a way I'm kickin myself in the ass, but at least I don't have to install a 22re ;)
But since the one I got is only the GT, the suspension blows. But I'm a trackwhore anyway, that suspension's getting all done up.

Nice to be here guys, at first I was tryin to hunt down an AE86, but hatch's are kinda hard to find cheap. I love RWD! I had an MCV20L (gen1 Solara) before this (well still have it actually, but totalled). I miss RWD, I just gotta get this Celi modded up so I can get driftin again, I think starting with a full exhaust system and intake would help it breathe a lot better.

WHOOT to jacking your transmission!

pythonjosh
12-14-2006, 01:09 AM
Yeah. Spent 3.5 years there. Went to Flinders University in Bedford Park, South Australia (a suburb of Adelaide). Met my wife there. And my first Toyota.

Bought a nearly mint '79 RA24 (I think, can't remember for sure) coupe with the 90-something hp 18R and a slushbox. Got :owned: by a Kia wagon. :bigthumbu . But once I rebuilt the carb and replaced a bunch of cracked vacuum tubes, it ran great. That's how I got on this site (or Celica.net, as it were).

Then I sold the Celica for a JDM S13 Silvia, and when that one was totalled by a BMW I got a JDM Y31 Cima Cedric (precursor to the Infiniti Q45).

Sorry for the :jacked:, Josh.
np, i guess to add to it, I have one animal that is Australian, but most of my animals are Indonesian.

KoreanJoey
12-14-2006, 01:15 AM
And you'll have one that's Columbian!

pythonjosh
12-14-2006, 01:39 AM
And you'll have one that's Columbian!
U sure Shelby's Columbian? She did look pretty colorful in that one pic with you, the only pic I've ever seen of her. Looked like a Suriname or other Red Tail Boa locale. Colombians are typically drab in appearance. But she's beautiful nonetheless. She'll make great hybrids :bigthumbu

KoreanJoey
12-14-2006, 01:50 AM
hrmmm... that's what I was told *shrug*

pythonjosh
12-14-2006, 01:52 AM
hrmmm... that's what I was told *shrug*
I'll get a better idea when ya bring her over.

KoreanJoey
12-14-2006, 01:58 AM
Josh you going to make it to the BBQ on Saturday?

pythonjosh
12-14-2006, 02:00 AM
Josh you going to make it to the BBQ on Saturday?
Where at?

KoreanJoey
12-14-2006, 02:05 AM
Seattle... www.pstoc.com

pythonjosh
12-14-2006, 02:30 AM
Seattle... www.pstoc.com
Not sure, my birthday party is in Olympia on Saturday. Just turned 25 last Friday

KoreanJoey
12-14-2006, 02:33 AM
Oh, happy birthday, you and every other damn persons birthday is this month.

nuclearhappines
12-15-2006, 11:22 AM
you can always make your own short throw shifter ... it's cake

pythonjosh
12-15-2006, 11:46 AM
you can always make your own short throw shifter ... it's cake
I don't have any metal cutting tools.

nuclearhappines
12-15-2006, 01:18 PM
local machien shop i mean :)

you may even be able to use a newer celica's stock shifter

85gtsblackman
12-15-2006, 11:10 PM
your shifter is 2 parts, take vice grips to the top part, turn it really hard, it pops off, then u will need an aftermarket knob