PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Snow Tires for Celica!!

BansheeTwin350
01-24-2005, 06:01 PM
I have an 02 Celica GTS with 16" tires. The tires I currently have now are the Yokohama AVSES 100. I get around 2-4" of snow where I am located at a time and I am looking for a tire that I can use during the winter becuase I can go absolutly nowhere with these tires in the snow. I don't want to spend too much money as I don't care about how long the tire will last me, but just so it gets some traction. I would like to spend less than $80 per tire, but while searching the net, that amount has seemed undoable. Does anybody know of a really cheap snow tire that I could put on my Celica. Thanks!!

EvilSpeeder
01-24-2005, 06:21 PM
I have a set of blizzaks mounted on some 14" Enkei Alloys. I'll let them go cheap. Shoot me a PM or an email.

BansheeTwin350
01-24-2005, 06:27 PM
The rims I have now are 16" so I would like to use the same rims and keep the size of the tire the same. But thanks for the reply.

roman
01-24-2005, 11:06 PM
Actually going to a smaller size for snow is a better option. The narrower tires that come on smaller wheels will cut through deep snow easier, and it's also MUCH cheaper to find tires in the 14" size. Plus, you wouldn't want to drive in the winter on your alloys unless you like what the salt will do to them. To top it off, switching the tires back and forth on the wheels will cost you about $80 every time you do it... Something to think about.

And on that note, I don't know if 14's will fit on the 7th gen Celica. You'd have to check with someone, but 15" wheels should fit fine.

BansheeTwin350
01-25-2005, 12:02 AM
I have a friend that owns a repair shop so getting my tires changed at a very low cost wouldn't be a problem. I have went through 2 winters with my rims so far and no effects of the salt have shown. I have the same tires on now that I used for last winter and they are brand new, but for some reason, I'm not getting any traction this year lol. Maybe the winter is worse so far, but is there a such thing as a break in for a tire. I have had them for about 3 weeks and put about 400 miles on them. I heard from someone that there may be a slick film on them that has to be worn off. The tires I used last year were the exact same but had about 3/4 of the tread that my new ones do, so go figure. Thanks for the help, but I would like to stick with my 16" rims and tires so I don't incure too much of a cost to get new rims.