PDA

View Full Version : finally finished my video

91 celica st
12-12-2006, 01:55 AM
so i made a video off of my judo and juijitsu shit, i still havent edited it all the way but i probably wont finish it 100% for awhile, i used a shitty program too (windows movie maker) so..... enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbYQWmZBIbA

Colossus20v
12-12-2006, 03:53 AM
pretty cool. You can see your progress. Thats really cool. Keep it up.

91 celica st
12-12-2006, 04:55 AM
^yea my throws, expecally foot sweeps are WAY better in this last tournament, jmy juijitsu is insane compared to everyone elses, i own the shit out of everyone on the matt

Sean
12-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Hmm... It looks like gowned middle school wrestling. So the focus is just on take downs?

I'm sure its much harder then it looks.

Colossus20v
12-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Hmm... It looks like gowned middle school wrestling. So the focus is just on take downs?

I'm sure its much harder then it looks.
Throws, chokes, joint manipulations. But pretty much throws. (FOr Judo atleast)

91 celica st
12-12-2006, 09:43 PM
^what he said
i actually win most my matches on the ground or by pins

if you watch the reffs hands, the diffrent hand movments are points. alll those takedowns where were reset in the video i got poitns for or won the match.

you can win by choking people out, armbars, kimoras, by pinning the person for 25 seconds, and by a VERY clean throw, i.e. u toss the person and he lands flat on his back.

and yes sean it is a VERY competitive sport, if not the most competitive, everyone can play football, bastketball and such to an extent. in judo and jiu-jitsu theres never anyone with a raw natural talent, some do learn alot faster than others but its mainly practice and training. and not always do the biggest guys win. most of those tournaments i was between 165-170 and my pools were like 165-185 so i was outweighed alot, expecially at the bojuka tournament i was the smallest in the calss (you can tell all the guys are way taller and bigger) the only tournament werhe i was in a good pool was the last one, ccsf state the pool was like 166-169 (yea very close pool) and tehre were 11 people in it, i weighed in at 168 andd my brother was 167

Sean
12-13-2006, 12:45 AM
and yes sean it is a VERY competitive sport, if not the most competitive, everyone can play football, bastketball and such to an extent. in judo and jiu-jitsu theres never anyone with a raw natural talent, some do learn alot faster than others but its mainly practice and training. and not always do the biggest guys win. most of those tournaments i was between 165-170 and my pools were like 165-185 so i was outweighed alot, expecially at the bojuka tournament i was the smallest in the calss (you can tell all the guys are way taller and bigger) the only tournament werhe i was in a good pool was the last one, ccsf state the pool was like 166-169 (yea very close pool) and tehre were 11 people in it, i weighed in at 168 andd my brother was 167

If the bold is the case, then its the complete opposite of football and basketball. At a competitive collegiant or professional level, these sports require raw talent, and a generally a given body phenotype.

I'm sure it is competitive, whether its the most competitive, in my eyes is not necessarily true. What makes a sport competitive is NOT the nature of the sport, beit baseball, wrestling, fighting, or ping pong. How competitive a sport is is clearly only dictated by the athlete himself, and how serious he takes his sport.

Looks like fun though. I've actually have a growing interest in boxing, and will be taking classes early january for some stress relief.

Thank you for showing, and thanks for explaining it a bit. :)

Sean

91 celica st
12-13-2006, 02:59 AM
i say its competitive beucase the guy tahts the most athletic, strongest, fastest or whatever isnt always the winner like in fot ball and stuff (i was saying its the opposite if u didnt catch that :) )

there are people with natrual talent at it, but those poeple just learn quick and such. its like boxing and MMA, the only way you could EVER be pro is if you train hard, having naturla skill alone wont carry you like in regualr sports.

look at BJ Penn (http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=1307) he is by FAR the most gifted individual in MMA, and probably has the most raw talent for BJJ than anyone in the world. he is the fastest ever BJJ blackbelt, and he is the first non-brazilian to win the mundial championsips, no one even scored a point on him either. Yet he lacks training, he always half asses his fights and never comes in with good cardio. everyone admits he potentially could own the shit out of everyone in the 155, 170 and 185 pound devisions with ease if only he trained right. yet he dosent.

the reasons why i say its the most competitive alongside MMA and BJJ is the fact that ANYONE can be good at it, anybody on this site can get there bjj and judo blackbelts, or do an MMA fight, all it takes is training, sure there are poeple who naturally are going to be better than u, have a better physiqe, or are going to be stonger. but theres so mnay things you can be good at, no one can really be "perfect" and all the sports are evloving. thats why i like them so much. ive never been realy athletic, and its a sport where you dont have to be, thats why its so competivie, simply because anyone in the world can do it and be good at it.

sean. if your planning on boxing or ever doing jiujitsu id say start the ground work first, its alot easyer to transition your footwork and such from judo or jiujitsu over to kickboxing or boxing, its hard to go from it to jiujitsu

KoreanJoey
12-13-2006, 03:02 AM
If Sean ever gets into that shit it just makes him scarier than he already is... Sean's a big guy man could step on little Koreans like myself