PDA

View Full Version : Autocross (SCCA Solo II): Useful car classification charts

Henry
12-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Someone in the Milwaukee Region SCCA created a chart to help people figure out which class they belong in. It's an easy way to find out what classes you can compete in.

Car and modifcation classification (http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/Solo/carmodandclassification.pdf)

There is also this car classification chart by David L. Burkhead that is longer and goes more in-depth with allowable modifications in each class. I find this one to be better and more descriptive.

Comparison of permitted modifications in SCCA classes (http://www.sff.net/people/dburkhead/prepcompare.htm)

These charts will save you time from reading the rule book, and they cover most all modifications. If there are still any questions regarding the rules, don't be afraid to ask. The rules can be vague at times and it can be difficult interpreting them.

Morwan
11-13-2005, 07:13 PM
I'm thinking of competing in STS (My 16" wheels put me into that category).

Would installing disc brakes on my '90 GT classify as an 'option package swap', or were they only optional for the '92 & '93 models? If I did install disc brakes, would I have to install ones from a '90 GT-S/Alltrac, or could I install one from any year, as long as they had the same size & pad type as a GT-S or Alltrac?

psyco13013
12-15-2005, 05:45 PM
You can swap on drums as long as they were an OE option on the car. If you could have purchased your 90GT with disks then you can swap on disks from that generation. All track brakes would not be valid as they are an upgrade to an option that was not avaliable on your trim. However, if you did a FULL alltrak conversion, you would stay in the stock class for the alltrak (DS I think), and that would be infinatly cooler.

4DMR2t
01-04-2006, 08:25 AM
If you're gonna be in STS, you can do any brake upgrade you want. You're already out of stock class.

If you're trying to get back into stock class, then you're gonna need to stay with options that were available for your trim. I'm pretty sure if they weren't available in 90/91 but were in 92/93, you're still allowed to use them because it's the same generation. You just can't swap from other trims or other generations.

I have a '91 MR2 that came with 14" stock rims, but I use '93 MR2 15" stock rims in stock class.

InitialD93
01-04-2006, 05:22 PM
im so deep into SM its not even funny... sad thing is the car isnt even all that fast

KoreanJoey
01-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Me too... :(

CUcelica
02-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Would a swapped 3sgte 90gt put me in SM?

Hiko
02-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Yes, same problem I have with the 7mge into katherine.

KoreanJoey
02-24-2006, 07:15 PM
And I've got a 3rd Gen 3SGE...

Snafu
03-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Looks like I'll be keeping the 4afe and not boosting it :(