PDA

View Full Version : sooo uhh have u ever taken off ur battery and found out u had an alarm???

91 celica st
12-09-2006, 07:50 AM
so i took of my moms posotive battery cable to reset her ecu (vaccume leak set off ecu fixed leak, code still on) to my dismay when i pulled off the pos cable i saw sparks witch means there was still an acive power source...so i put it back on and the alarm goes off...only shes had the car 2 years and its never had an alarm....lol

so now the car is stuck in my fucking garage, cant put the key in cuz the alarm goes off and the anti theft shit goes off....looks like im callin the dealer or cuttin wires to figure out how to get this shit off, cant even start the car or get it outta gear. worst part is i gotta wake up on my day off and take my mom to work.....great

dan93st
12-09-2006, 09:30 AM
What kind of car is it? On many cars, the factory anti-theft system can be disabled by unlocking a closed, locked driver side door with a key. This doesn't apply to everything, and certainly not if its aftermarket.

Hookecho
12-09-2006, 03:20 PM
heck of a way to find that out!

PhillyDRFT
12-09-2006, 10:12 PM
put the key in the ignition turn it past the key lock turn it to power on then back (dont go backto lock) twice and that will disable the alarm if its a toyota alarm or riged to the factory wiring. If not look under your dash or kick pannel for a killswitch or button you may have to try a few different things if you have the button like hold it and try the key or pump the break. If worse comes to worse unhook your battery and track down the alarms controlle box and take it out.

Edit: shit just realised you said its your moms car. what kind of car is it?

zmile06
12-09-2006, 11:39 PM
I had a aftermarket alarm system installed and foundt a cb radio system wired up. It was held under my front bumper with a shoe string and one screw. Greeaat place to put it.

Anyways it would be nice to know what year, and model car. Also if its aftermarket or a stock alarm system. On aftermarket there is a kill switch around the foot pedals above there some place is usualy where its hooked up. Under the dash/steering column place.

Anyways have fun!

91 celica st
12-11-2006, 03:08 AM
its a 97 pontiac sunfire, im pretty sure its the stock alarm

my moms calle the og owner and asked what was up i guess a few years back they had a recall and they "disabled it"

putting the key in the door sets off the alarm and putting the key in the ignition sets it off too...it thinks the car is beign stolen (mi guessing) thats why nothing works

zmile06
12-11-2006, 12:33 PM
K its a sunfire just shoot it in the face. J/k call up the dealer and ask how to disable it they should tell you.