PDA

View Full Version : Open Track - GIR Saturday

Trance4c
12-08-2006, 07:30 PM
There is an open Test and Tune at my local Road Course that I attend tomorrow, I'm not a drag guy, here is some info:

http://www.gainesvilleraceway.com/apcm/templates/schedule.asp?articleid=11424&zoneid=67

http://www.nhra.com/2005/images/Gainesville/roadcourse1.jpg

ciento44
12-08-2006, 07:39 PM
LOL, isn't this where Pinks is filmed?!?!?

Trance4c
12-08-2006, 07:47 PM
LOL, isn't this where Pinks is filmed?!?!?

Yes.. and I could careless <- personal opinion, 1/4 mile is stupid <- another personal opinion

hahaha

ciento44
12-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Yes.. and I could careless <- personal opinion, 1/4 mile is stupid <- another personal opinion

hahaha

I don't like your personal opinion and i'm going to personally attack you for it. ARRRRRRRR!!!!!

:hehe: :hehe:

I don't personally think that quarter mile is stupid, it still takes a lot of skill. But i will agree that road course is much better... i just wish i had a semi-capable car running so i could get into stuff like that.

KoreanJoey
12-08-2006, 10:19 PM
yay road racing! And yay to having an extra set of EBC Yellowstuff brakepads just for that occasion! WHOOT!

burnyd
12-08-2006, 11:14 PM

hahaha

Hater!

but anyways, I wish it was nice out here that we could run all year long... must be nice :(. Well just out of curiosity how much is it to run the course? DO you have to have an instructor with you in the passenger seat? And do you get actual times?

Trance4c
12-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Hater!

but anyways, I wish it was nice out here that we could run all year long... must be nice :(. Well just out of curiosity how much is it to run the course? DO you have to have an instructor with you in the passenger seat? And do you get actual times?

There are two sessions - 8am-noon or 1-5pm. Either way, to run one session is 30 dollars. OR.. if you want to go all day, you can get a package deal for 50 bucks. No instructor, but your car has to pass an inspection - basically enough brake pad, good unscored rotors, no fluids leaking and an under the hood inspection. Its basically just a visual inspection to make sure everything is good.. then your off, just don't hit anyone and don't wreck and your straight. OH ya, and you have to have a Snell certified helmet.

While we can go all year.. its 28 degree's outside right now.. tomorrow is suppose to be 45, makes for crazy boosted pulls though! Just makes traction crap, cold pavement and tires = no traction. Should be fun.

burnyd
12-09-2006, 01:02 AM
There are two sessions - 8am-noon or 1-5pm. Either way, to run one session is 30 dollars. OR.. if you want to go all day, you can get a package deal for 50 bucks. No instructor, but your car has to pass an inspection - basically enough brake pad, good unscored rotors, no fluids leaking and an under the hood inspection. Its basically just a visual inspection to make sure everything is good.. then your off, just don't hit anyone and don't wreck and your straight. OH ya, and you have to have a Snell certified helmet.

While we can go all year.. its 28 degree's outside right now.. tomorrow is suppose to be 45, makes for crazy boosted pulls though! Just makes traction crap, cold pavement and tires = no traction. Should be fun.

wow Im moving to florida. Need a new roomate lol.... road race up here with an instructor last year I paid 150 dollars and ran for a couple hours.

Sean
12-09-2006, 06:16 AM
Pinks is not filmed in one location, it is filmed country wide. I should know, since I attended one in Washington :)

Have fun, this is my ultimate goal, to get a quick road car :)

burnyd
12-09-2006, 06:32 AM
Pinks is not filmed in one location, it is filmed country wide. I should know, since I attended one in Washington :)

when we were on pinks it was filmed at MIR in maryland. Sean did you watch that episode yet... but anyways honestly I wouldnt want to go through that entire drama ever again pinks = gayest of all gay.

Trance4c
12-09-2006, 03:49 PM

Yes, but it was filmed at Gainesville once, I should have said that it wasn't its perminant location, but pinks had been there.

Cavanagh
12-09-2006, 05:50 PM
when we were on pinks it was filmed at MIR in maryland. Sean did you watch that episode yet... but anyways honestly I wouldnt want to go through that entire drama ever again pinks = gayest of all gay.
Ya i missed it. ;( is there anyway or anywere i can see the whole episode again?

Sean
12-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Well?

Trance4c
12-11-2006, 12:31 AM
Well?

Unfortunately I was not able to go.. had to replace the water pump in my g/f's car.