PDA

View Full Version : possibly getting a free yota truck

85gtsblackman
12-07-2006, 12:43 AM
so theres an old 85-88 truck at work that, from what i heard, has sat 8 years. Its got 200k on the odometer, body is rough in terms of rust but can be fixed. The bed has 2 6-12 inch long holes on each side tail gate is rusted pretty bad, its junk, and the passenger front fender has rusted away arround the antenna. so id need the bed bondoed and por 15ed , tail gate is useless, and needs a front fender, and thats if it runs fine

the only thing im wondering about is waht shape the engine is in, it turned over fine when i tried to jump it off the gts, then i noticed it had no gas in it. at this point it was late and they were locking the gates at work so i said ill mess with it more tomarrow.

Only thing is they said they need to find the title for it. said i can still have it if theres no title , just cant drive it off the dealership complex, at this point ill yank the 22r, yeah its carbed :thumbsdow , but since its lthe late style 22r i can use the block and the head(seeing as the injectors are on the manifold for the 22re and the manifold bolts on to the carbed head , but they are the same) but yeah pull the engine and trans (w57) possibly the rear for a friend, and scrap the rest

so ill let u guys know

KoreanJoey
12-07-2006, 12:50 AM
Sweet... yay to free shat!

VikingJZ
12-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Fo sho mang

I'd just wait until they find a title....then you can have a truck.

85gtsblackman
12-07-2006, 01:40 AM
i really do need one

but i reallllllllllllly want a subaru again

but this truck is free, if i do get the thing ill try to fix it up and put a topper on it

oh yeah needs tires

TurboGTS22
12-07-2006, 01:40 AM
thats sweet man. I found a yota truck for 100 bucks where I live from a guy that I know. its a 1994 with 120,000 miles on it and i guess the body is in bad shape but the engine runs great. and its standard.

85gtsblackman
12-07-2006, 01:47 AM
yeah i wish it was the 89-94 early 95 body

alltracman78
12-07-2006, 02:35 AM
Do a GOOD coolant flush.

Coolant corrosion and the timing chain guides are the 2 weak points in that engine.

When you replace the coolant, use distilled water.

And keep an eye on the heater core....

Also you might want to get a MSD Blaster II coil for it.

Carbed can be a PITA, but it also means no AFM...

If it's a manual and you part it out, I want the trans/clutch stuff. :D

85gtsblackman
12-07-2006, 02:47 AM
thats what i was going to instant message u about

ah damnit when i did my coolant i used drinking water

alltracman78
12-07-2006, 02:52 AM
lol

That's what I figured when I saw this.

If you used a regular green coolant it's not QUITE as important to use distilled water, but if you used Toyota red, [don't bother with pink] you should DEFINITLY use distilled.

The Toyota red doesn't prevent corrosion too well if the water is "hard".
Distilled water prevents this.

Rix86
12-07-2006, 03:01 AM
fuck the rust.
if it's a solid axle, wheel the crap out of it.
if it's an IFS.... uh..... wheel the crap out of it.
free.99 is the best price for a wheelin rig.

85gtsblackman
12-07-2006, 11:39 PM
well i didnt use tap water i used galloned water that was at walmart

truck runs.........long as u keep feeding gas in the carb, ill fuck with it saturday, put 2 gallons of gas in the tank but it didnt suck it

me thinks the fuel pump is bad, or i just need to tap on it due to sitting for 8 years

oh and yeah its sra

yeah man if i dont keep the truck and fix it up ill sell u the trans and clutch hardware, yank the motor out and rebuild it and drop in the celica

alltracman78
12-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Check the fuel filter too...
And the lines.
The pump runs off the cam, so it really can't be frozen.....
It could be bad though.

If you do, I need EVERYTHING.
I have an auto remember. :)

85gtsblackman
12-08-2006, 03:13 AM
id like to at least get it mobile so i can move it to my friends house so we can pull the motor trans and rear

i mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe use it as a beater truck but i doubt it, even though the interior is in really good shape, and it has no a/c :(

basicly as stated before if i use it as a beater i have to do the following

put 2 tires on it, find a passenger front fender, ditch the tail gate, replace it with a gator net, take off the bed, por 15 and bondo it

Blackcloud
12-09-2006, 01:40 AM
eek! 200k miles. i bet the head is toast.

When the shop fucked up the head on my celica, they gave me one from the junk yard that had over 200k on it. and thats when my problems started. ticking, burning oil, loss of power :(

Rix86
12-09-2006, 02:52 AM
wheel it wheel it wheel it wheel it wheel it wheel it wheel it

85gtsblackman
12-09-2006, 11:17 PM
head on my celica has 283k on it, burns a lil oil due to the vavle stem seals are shot manybe u just suck at deh mantainace :hehe:

so anyhow, tinkered around with the thung, got it to run but it needs a carb, i think the diafram is shot cause i rigged a hose with a hand pump to the main fuel hookup on the carb, as long as i pumped every 5 mins or so pump the hand pump and id keep running

truck runs everything works on it, its a bare bones model, manual steering

just rusty, id like to keep it but i really want the engine out of it, dealership gave it to me already so yeah , dunno im 50% keep it 50% pull motor part and scrap

oh btw i can roast the tires in 1st, and alltrac man trans is a w55