PDA

View Full Version : damn good wheel cleaner (s)

85gtsblackman
11-28-2006, 09:05 PM
so my wheels had a lot of baked on brake dust and rust

went to big lots and bought some stuff called gunk one minute wheel cleaner

this will work really well for just cleaning stuff off, if u have a light build up, to just spray and rinse as the bottole says

now for my wheels that had years of neglect, i took a really hard bristlled brush , sprayed this stuff directly on the wheels and scrubed away, then rinsed them with a pressure washer, after that i sprayed with prestone wheel cleaner and protectant to bring out a nice shine

note the gunk stuff has a lil bit of acidity to it so becarefull when using this on painted wheels

Slider
11-29-2006, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the info, I need a good wheel cleaner for when I put my rims back once the winter is over.

Gary
11-29-2006, 07:17 PM
I've never used wheel cleaner
Instead, I wax them once a month.
If they get dirty, I just hose them and wipe them dry with towel.
Work like a charm.

TEAMFaint
12-03-2006, 11:52 PM
http://www.cyclegear.com/images/oil/HotRims_410x410.jpg

This stuff wins all..best wheel cleaner I have ever used. Makes normal silver wheels go BLING BLING..I love :)

85gtsblackman
12-21-2006, 01:06 AM
u can do the same with metal polish

see wheels in my sig thats how they look now

if i add metal polish to em they look chrome

Tommy91GT
12-21-2006, 09:40 AM
Best thing I have ever found to clean rims is Dawn Oxy dish soap. Squirt it in you rims and give it a lite mist before wash the car. After you finish washing the car, give them a good rub down with a sponge or soft brush and they look like new. Side note, for those that don't know, there is always some, don't use Dawn to wash your car!!! It removes wax!!!