PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding the 4afe

zmile06
11-23-2006, 06:56 PM
I have really been struggling agienst rebuilding an engine and buying a 5afe...

I have contact with 2 people who both of which have rebuilt engines before and know what there doing. And im pretty sure there both willing to help me + cash or something. Which will save me like 1,000 dollars easy.

I was wondering where is the best site to buy a rebuild kit? Are there any heavey duty internals i can throw in? If i do a complete rebuild from scratch i would like to possibly turbo charger in.

How much PSI and horse power do you think it could produce with a turbo charger on?

Thank you everyone for putting up with my crazy posts.

This is honestly the best information site for celicas i have ever been to.

And can anyone tell me of a 12 second or possibly 13 second 5th generation celica?

Rix86
11-23-2006, 07:09 PM
boost= use a 4agze bottom end.
has larger/stronger rods and crank, lower compression,stronger pistons and willl bolt in.

Cavanagh
11-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Talk to 91 celica st about turboing a 4afe.

91 celica st
11-24-2006, 08:43 PM
I have really been struggling agienst rebuilding an engine and buying a 5afe...

I have contact with 2 people who both of which have rebuilt engines before and know what there doing. And im pretty sure there both willing to help me + cash or something. Which will save me like 1,000 dollars easy.

I was wondering where is the best site to buy a rebuild kit? Are there any heavey duty internals i can throw in? If i do a complete rebuild from scratch i would like to possibly turbo charger in.

How much PSI and horse power do you think it could produce with a turbo charger on?

Thank you everyone for putting up with my crazy posts.

This is honestly the best information site for celicas i have ever been to.

And can anyone tell me of a 12 second or possibly 13 second 5th generation celica?

if your looking for stronger internals but dont want to fork out the $$$$for forged internals id reccomend getting ahold of a 4agze block. alot stronger then the 4afe block and is built for high revvs and boost.

with a 4afe i wouldnt reccomend over 12 psi with something small like a t25 10 psi with a T3... the rods arent "weak" but your definatly shortening the life of it with that much boost. i had a boost spike to 16 psi on it one night in coldweather and my MBC messed up. didnt break anything....it sure was fast but that made me take the MBC off and run stock wastgate boost (8psi) so that goes to show you its not necessarily weak....but it would blow if i consistantly ran that amount of boost.

your going to produce anywhere from 6 to 12+ Hp per PSI depending on your turbo, intercooler, how well its tuned and ETC...i produced roughly 9HP per pound of boost with my T25. thats actually a VERY good amount, i would only expect around 6-8 on a normal basis. with my new T3 im expecting around 10 HP per PSI due to my setup being pretty decent and itll be dyno tuned... at 10 psi i made 170 WHP at 8psi i made 147. DONT expect that much, only expect around 140-160WHP. i had a spike during my run to around 12psi witch is probably why i made 170. im reality i was probably making 155~160WHPm, not bad considering the stock 4afe puts down 80WHP

there are quite a few 13 second 5th gens, mostly ones with 3sgte swaps or turbo 5sfe's...im wondering if presure 2 has ever ru nthe track? he deff should break into the 13's....as for 12's theres been a few. i know dasorcha on this website ran 11's in his turbo 4afe. there was a guy on automotive forums awhile back (mabe 2 years ago?) that posted slips of him hitting low 12's in his 5th gen. theres been a few. but it takes $$$$ to get there. personally i ran consistant 14's in my turbo 4afe. again dont expect that, most liekely ull run anywhere from low 15's to high 14's i think my average runs were like 14.7's.

good luck, any more questions feel free to ask. im slappin on my mnew kit here in the next few weeks. ill have pics and vids