PDA

View Full Version : 92 all-trac

6thgencelica
11-22-2006, 10:16 PM
i found a 92 all-trac for sale near my house that has 120,000 km on it and minor paint issues, and their asking $10,000(CAN) Just wondering if anybody here thinks thats a reasonable price or not.

Sean
11-22-2006, 10:17 PM
Need to know WAY more info about the car.

Could be worth it, mods, rust, dents, title, color, smoker, on and on and on... ? ?

2kSnakEater
11-22-2006, 10:24 PM
92/93 are the better versions of the All-Tracs but $10k is alot, it better be mint with minor issues

6thgencelica
11-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Need to know WAY more info about the car.

Could be worth it, mods, rust, dents, title, color, smoker, on and on and on... ? ?

it's completely stock, minor paint flaking on front left quarter pannel, no dents, its white, and it didnt smell like smoke inside.
http://www.buysell.com/advertisers/miracle_auto/pictures.asp?id=54477534

Sean
11-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Dealership, ouch.

10, canadian, not to shabby. 8canadain would be more reasonable, off to Olympia for thanksgiving later.

91 celica st
11-22-2006, 10:52 PM
need more infothan that. hows the body. any mods/upgrades?

zmile06
11-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Dealerships are ouch... But in all honesty i dont see too many 92 all-tracs... If its in fantastic condition its definitaly worth it. Before you buy the car though ask to have them let you see the underbody. Last thing you want is to buy an alltrac and notice major faults underneath it.

Get them to steam clean the interior enginebay etc. And then tell them to fix the paint flaking. And ask for a compression check, if a dealership really wants to sell a car they will do it.You could get the paint chipping fixed cheap if its just the clearcoat chipping on it, if not it might cost a little more.

If its a good solid 92 all-trac in my personal opinion its worth it. ALso check for rust in key places, my 93 celica st had rust under the trunk lid(not a huge deal). Definitaly make sure the heater and A/C works, also check the cv axels and wheel bearings. Open the spot where you pour oil and make sure everything looks to be in good condition, you should be able to see some parts of the engine just by doing that. If there is anything wrong wrong when you look in there dont buy it.

If your paying top dollar dont jump into a deal, check everything out and then leave and come back then check everything out again. Feel around for fresh oil around major seals. Ask when the last time the cars a/c was charged, ask them if its been long if they can charge it again for you. R-12 isnt cheap to charge...

Since its a dealership they will do extra stuff for you if they think they can sell the car. You can also try to haggle, most people post it up more then what they actually want, i got 250 off my celica when i bought it.

But make sure you do all those things, if the seats are worn ask them to take the price down because of that. Is the carpet stained? Ask them to fix it or take down the price for that.

CHECK THE HOT COLD KNOB, they brake on 5th generation celicas ALOT. I saw just the knob go for 60 dollars before on e-bay.

If its a near perfect all-trac buy it you wont see too many 92 around, but its completly up to you. Is this car worth that much to you personally?

ciento44
11-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Is this car worth that much to you personally?

Bingo. This is the only question that needs to be asked. :)

6thgencelica
11-23-2006, 12:46 AM
Is this car worth that much to you personally?

that is a good question...I was in the market for an MR2 with a 3SGTE but i came across this first and ive never been a real big fan of 5th gens, but after seeing a few on here they are starting to grow on me.

tankd0g
11-23-2006, 01:05 AM
I don't know if that guy in Florida on here still has the 93 for sale but I think he was asking about the same money.

zmile06
11-23-2006, 01:27 AM
92 all-trac's are expensive... The all-tracs go up in price big time for ever newier year, same with mr2 turbos.

I was never a fan of the MR2's with 3sgte turbo either but my buddy bufferdan has one, i saw it and now im a fan.

I also never liked 6th gen celicas thought the bug eyes were stupid... But man after seeing a 6th generation celica ST hatch red in PERFECT condition i starting wishing i had one hehe...

Bottom line is is it worth that much to you, it will be your car from the point you buy it till you sell it. Check the mechanical stability and everything else, but the bottom line is is it worth it to you. If you love all-tracs and its in good condition buy it.

6thgencelica
11-23-2006, 01:48 AM
What kind of hp do they have? (bone stock)

alltracman78
11-23-2006, 02:24 AM
200 hp/200 ft/lbs

T-spoon
11-23-2006, 05:45 AM
I had a 90 in great shape. Sold it and have regretted it ever since. If you have the chance ata good 92, and you are prepared to take care of it, it'll treat you right. Do keep in mind that no matter how good it is, it's going to be pretty expensive to maintain. It comes with the territory.

rocketz5
11-23-2006, 06:51 AM
i wouldnt buy it, that thing has been siting on that lot for almost 3 years that i know of, must be something really wrong with it. that dealership also has a really bad rep around here for having really shity cars. i wold just stay away from that dealership all together.

Murgatroy
11-23-2006, 06:53 AM
If you have the chance ata good 92, and you are prepared to take care of it, it'll treat you right. Do keep in mind that no matter how good it is, it's going to be pretty expensive to maintain. It comes with the territory. :stupid:

6thgencelica
11-23-2006, 07:28 AM
i wouldnt buy it, that thing has been siting on that lot for almost 3 years that i know of, must be something really wrong with it. that dealership also has a really bad rep around here for having really shity cars. i wold just stay away from that dealership all together.

Your right, i saw a white 5th gen all-trac there before i bought my car and that was just over 2 years ago, but how do you know its the same one?...it seems to be in good condition though from general appearance. Besides though that place has been around forever so they must be doing something right.

MCcelica
11-23-2006, 07:46 AM
Besides though that place has been around forever so they must be doing something right.

That is a fallacy of logic. I happen to know of several places in particular who buy a car from auction for dirt cheap, make a few cosmetic repairs and resell it for more than what it's worth. Just be careful, don't pull a rickstaand get all excited and buy an entirely too haggard car for more than what it's worth just cause it looks purdy.

rocketz5
11-25-2006, 02:09 AM
Your right, i saw a white 5th gen all-trac there before i bought my car and that was just over 2 years ago, but how do you know its the same one?...it seems to be in good condition though from general appearance. Besides though that place has been around forever so they must be doing something right.

i know its the same car beacuse the picture hasent changed. if you really want pm me and i can direct you to a board that many people have had bad experiences, lots of write ups about this place.