PDA

View Full Version : Possible Swap! Help

armeen
11-21-2006, 08:22 AM
hi guys i just recently found this website, and i heard u guys know ur stuff so just had a few questions. i currently live in edmonton alberta canada, got a 1991 celica gt the 2.2L engine one. i wanna swap the 3gte engine in, but in order to make the awd tranny fit, id have to blow a lot of dough into it...so i decided to keep it fwd (i know pretty bad but im a student)...now my question is how hard will the swap be? wat will i need? is the fwd tranny i have bolt on to the jdm engine? any other minor gliches i should look out for? and any further feedback would be great! btw celica rule and they have been my favourite car for the past many years...thats why im makin a step up!

KoreanJoey
11-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Well this is a complicated answer, how much do you know about engines and wiring?

armeen
11-21-2006, 08:39 AM
i know pretty good...my friend is also a mechanic for nissan Z shop as well and hes gonna help me with it...i am getting the 3sgte engine with the tranny but i dont want to use the tranny, i wanna use my fwd one

armeen
11-21-2006, 08:49 AM
and the wiring harness as well i will be getting with the jdm engine

xeril
11-21-2006, 04:08 PM
as long as the wiring harness is uncut, its fairly simple. you just have like 12 wires to extend and those are pretty obvious. just make sure you have the proper tools and you'll be set..

Sean
11-21-2006, 05:10 PM
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20023

andy
11-22-2006, 08:24 AM
its easy to do, took less than a day to fix the wiring. and speaking of the tranny, almost all the guys that do this swap, either use the stock tranny, or go with a mr2 turbo tranny. either way all these bolt up to the 3s and are a bazillion times easier than making your car awd.