PDA

View Full Version : celi vs BMW 3-series

jason
11-20-2006, 11:58 PM
If you hate racing done anywhere other than on a track, read no further.

My stories are long. You were warned. I was on my way home from visiting my parents and was one light away from my turnoff when a black BMW pulls up next to me. Slammed pretty low, nice wheels, aftermarket exhaust of some kind....clean. I kept looking at the driver but through the tint I could tell he thought he was too cool to talk...he had the gangsta lean going on. Anyway, I decided to pass up my turnoff and see if he would play. At the next red light he starts showing off that he's driving a manual, roll back, pull forward, roll back, pull forward, etc. I figure he's baiting me so on green we both go for it. Through first and second he stayed 1 car-length in front of me (massive traction loss for me, no-LSD). This happened for like 3 lights. By this time the main road we're on has progressed to country surroundings, away from the city. We go a couple hundred yards cruising side by side and at this point I'm in 3rd gear. Finally he looks at me and I can see him smiling. He holds up his hand but I couldn't tell what for. In hindsight I figure he held up three fingers because right after he did that he started holding down his horn. After the third honk I was ready for him to pounce and he did, he gave himself some revs then dumped the clutch and chirped away in third. I simply floored it. He got a half-car on me which lasted for about one second and then I pulled....and pulled...and pulled....he shifted into fourth, I stayed in third and pulled...and pulled. The E153 tranny is so sick, I love those long gears. I shut it down early in 4th gear and was too many cars ahead to count. Never got to talk to the guy, the road merged and we went our separate ways at the fork. The End -

Cavanagh
11-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Nice, but do you know what kind of 3 series? 330Ci? 325i? Etc. etc.

jason
11-21-2006, 08:19 PM
I honestly don't. It was night, his car was black...it all made for a tough read. I could try to guess by the looks but everybody and his dog owns a Bimmer and they all look the same :( I wish I knew though, I would be interested in finding out its stats. It was 2-door and he held his own. I don't think a 325 could do that unless he really worked on it. I'll bet it was a 330ci coupe. Nothing else much makes sense when I think about power/weight ratios. Time to find an M3 I guess :bigthumbu who'll go from a roll

ToyotaSupra
11-24-2006, 04:20 AM
Swapped celicas are awesome. I wanted to go that route, but bought a supra instead.

burnyd
11-24-2006, 04:24 AM
3 Series those things are sooooooooooooooo fast... :lolhittin :lolhittin :smokin:

KoreanJoey
11-24-2006, 05:11 AM
318i = slower than George W...

jason
11-24-2006, 11:03 PM
318i = slower than George W...

Yup, those're ridiculous...poor man's Bimmer. That's like putting an NA celica's power in a heavier BMW. But they don't make those anymore and this was way newer.

BlueDragon
11-26-2006, 07:00 PM
uh good kill kinda?? It seems like anytime i hear how good swapped celicas are the next sentence has something to do with traction or lsd in the future... I think thats why ill never bother doing that, sticking with the alltrac, heavier but in the end probably woulda beat that beamer start to finish and made him re-think his spending. lol

jason
11-26-2006, 09:21 PM
uh good kill kinda?? It seems like anytime i hear how good swapped celicas are the next sentence has something to do with traction or lsd in the future... I think thats why ill never bother doing that, sticking with the alltrac, heavier but in the end probably woulda beat that beamer start to finish and made him re-think his spending. lol

Hell yeah, stick with the Alltrac. Don't get me wrong, I love my swap, but FWD was not meant for this much torque. I can't fathom FWD with an upgraded turbo. As soon as the motor is built enough to completely void having FWD I'm putting the whole setup in an Alltrac. Then I'll put the stock alltrac motor in the FWD and sell it. Either that or I'm seriously considering trying to bring an st205 down from Canada and fake its legality. Or maybe I'll eventually have both. Either way, I'm too huge a Toyota fan to live without a Supra and alltrac of some kind....they're affordable legends.

deuce
11-27-2006, 05:56 AM
would a swapped celica beat an M3 from a roll?

KoreanJoey
11-27-2006, 06:34 AM
would a swapped celica beat an M3 from a roll?

Not stock.

Sean
11-27-2006, 06:58 AM
Depends on what year M3, all vastly different. I just about took a stock one (2004ish) from a dig a couple years ago. Tiffany was freaking out lol.

KoreanJoey
11-27-2006, 07:15 AM
True, there's also different variants of the M3, big difference between an M3, and M3 CSL and an M3 GTR.

jason
11-28-2006, 12:49 AM
Older M3's aren't any more impressive stock than the new 300 series like the one I started this thread with. A swapped Celi should be able to hold its own fine with a newer base model M3. It'd be close though, no car would run from the other. If the swap had an FMIC and a little bit of dyno-time to perfectly synch air/fuel/TVIS/etc then it should be able to step up and challenge a CSL. The GTR....I dun wanna talk about :wiggle: I find it hard to believe somebody would buy a GTR and leave it downtuned as it comes from the factory.

MoralWarfare
12-01-2006, 10:41 PM
good kill homie.