insomnak8702
11-20-2006, 05:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReVwr9R9ohE

Cavanagh
11-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Nice find!

Trance4c
11-20-2006, 03:20 PM
That was the day of good Toyota sports cars!

burnyd
11-20-2006, 03:53 PM
That was the day of good Toyota sports cars!

x2... right now toyota just sucks. Makes excellent fuel economy cars but honestly I wish they would just drop the scion line and go for the same type of line they did in the mid 90s.

2 door sports cars.... supra,celica/alltrac,mr2,corolla. And for the love of god bring back a boosted motor.

GT4SOM
11-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Hows the celica gt 0-60 time 6.7 sec and the mr2 7.2?? Same engine, I guess its that awd traction :D. Even the older mr2 was quicker. None the less great find!

Playfortoday
11-20-2006, 05:54 PM
The new toyota's gas mileage is not that great. Like all car manufacturers, they use an antiquated method to determine gas mileage that is way higher than reality.

We got our Highlander, because it seated seven people (due to a family of six, otherwise I hate SUV's), and because it supposed got decent gas mileage. The mileage was estimated at 26mpg if I recall correctly. We average 18mpg under any conditions. And getting on the gas causes the rwd portion to kick in which further destroys the mileage. We were so concerned by the difference that we had the car inspected several times at Toyota. Of course they found nothing wrong. Well it turns out that everyone online was getting the same results. It kills me that they can get away with it. I believe there were plenty of threats of lawsuits over the Prius's claimed vs. real gas mileage. I hate Toyota for being misleading in that respect.

Futher off-topic... why does the tiny Yaris get one mile per gallon less than the bigger Corolla? That never made sense to me.

burnyd
11-20-2006, 06:00 PM
The new toyota's gas mileage is not that great. Like all car manufacturers, they use an antiquated method to determine gas mileage that is way higher than reality.

We got our Highlander, because it seated seven people (due to a family of six, otherwise I hate SUV's), and because it supposed got decent gas mileage. The mileage was estimated at 26mpg if I recall correctly. We average 18mpg under any conditions. And getting on the gas causes the rwd portion to kick in which further destroys the mileage. We were so concerned by the difference that we had the car inspected several times at Toyota. Of course they found nothing wrong. Well it turns out that everyone online was getting the same results. It kills me that they can get away with it. I believe there were plenty of threats of lawsuits over the Prius's claimed vs. real gas mileage. I hate Toyota for being misleading in that respect.

Futher off-topic... why does the tiny Yaris get one mile per gallon less than the bigger Corolla? That never made sense to me.

yah i read all those articles about the Prius... thats rediculous.. and all the car and driver reviews about the gas mileage.. it honestly wasnt even close to what toyota said it would be.

Morwan
11-27-2006, 01:58 AM
Hows the celica gt 0-60 time 6.7 sec and the mr2 7.2?? Same engine, I guess its that awd traction :D. Even the older mr2 was quicker. None the less great find!
The reviewer mentions at 3:40 that the tested MR-2 has 158 horsepower, which would suggest it has a 2G 3S-GE... Which explains why it was slower.