PDA

View Full Version : Vert question

sundiego
11-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Hey All,

Do any of you know of a solution to this situation? (and yes I already thought of wearing a hat - and putting the top up. wise ass ;)

While driving on the highway with the top down the airstream apparently comes over the windshield, hits the back seat, and then comes back toward the front of the cabin through the drivers and passenger seats. If you put your hand up in between the two headrests with your palm facing forward, you can feel the wind hit the back of your hand.

Are there any inexpensive solutions to be had?

Chris
93 black vert

BTW - I know I am new to the site, but I think it would be interesting to see a sub forum specifically for soft tops.

2kSnakEater
11-17-2006, 08:43 PM
I have always put my mother in law in the back seat, she helps with the wind. no, you cant have her! my wife wont let me give her away.

ciento44
11-17-2006, 09:22 PM
I know with Miatas and Z3/Z4s, they have wind blockers that mount right behind the front seat, and that alleviates the problem. (Aftermarket i think)

Whether or not they make them for Celicas, i don't really know.. :( But i'm sure you could maybe modify one of them to fit.

Fuelish
11-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Hmmmmm, never noticed that on mine.....my kids complain about the wind in the back seat, though....heh. Not to be a shmart arse, but what happens if you lie the fold seat "flat" ??? Just a random thought....but I've never noticed the "backwards" air flow in the cabin - perhaps I'll have to check it out before winter hits, here ;)
Hey All,

Do any of you know of a solution to this situation? (and yes I already thought of wearing a hat - and putting the top up. wise ass ;)

While driving on the highway with the top down the airstream apparently comes over the windshield, hits the back seat, and then comes back toward the front of the cabin through the drivers and passenger seats. If you put your hand up in between the two headrests with your palm facing forward, you can feel the wind hit the back of your hand.

Are there any inexpensive solutions to be had?

Chris
93 black vert

BTW - I know I am new to the site, but I think it would be interesting to see a sub forum specifically for soft tops.

sundiego
11-19-2006, 07:32 PM
I know with Miatas and Z3/Z4s, they have wind blockers that mount right behind the front seat, and that alleviates the problem. (Aftermarket i think)

Whether or not they make them for Celicas, i don't really know.. :( But i'm sure you could maybe modify one of them to fit.

You're right. There are many many aftermarket options. A simple google for windblockers come up with more choices than you need. Also pretty easy to make. They are basically just 1/4" plexi cut to fit and attached to the front seats with straps. I also saw an interesting design which I may try since I have one piece seat covers. The plexi "attaches" to the cabin with a tension bar. You can find them at any auto store (probably hardware too) for under $20 bucks. Then its just a matter of cutting the plexi to fit the cabin with some holes at the appropriate places for the strapping which attach the plexi to the tensioning rod. Looks like the whole thing can be done for about $50 bucks and an hour or three.

Thanks for the clue.