PDA

View Full Version : looking for suggestions

sadamslight
11-14-2006, 07:08 PM
[I]Hello everybody.

I was hoping to get some suggestions from you guys about my current situation. I have own a 93 celica gts with about 150k on it. I bought it from a family “friend” who owns a local car lot here in central Maryland.

After about the first 3 months it became clear that the car was taken care of pretty poorly by the owner before me. The car has since seen a blown head gasket, faulty radiator, and a few more minor problems.

The necessary repairs were made quite a few paychecks went to local mechanics. Fast-forward to today and it appears that the head gasket is once again blown (almost no compression/smoke coming from the tail pipe). There is also a pretty major leaking problem in the cooling system (looks like from atleast two places). This time I am unfortunately not in a position to have the repairs done, although I love the car.

I am hoping that someone can recommend a way to sell my car to recover some of the money that I have put into it. If anyone has any suggestions I’m all ears. Thanks guys.

Samuel

ciento44
11-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Pics of the car? You could probably part itout.

Hiko
11-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Parting it out is probably going to get you some of your money back. But you'd really want to part it out yourself. I only say that because you mentioned that you had a mechanic fix your car.

BTW, want to sell me your rear hubs? :hehe:

Another option would be trying to sell it as it is. If the interior/exterior are in pretty good condition, you might be able to get about 500 or so.