PDA

View Full Version : Speedo and Odo not working

Luis C
10-26-2006, 10:50 PM
My speedometer and odometer stopped working all of a sudden today. I haven't had a chance to check WTH it is this time since I'm stuck at work (and probably wont have time until the weekend).

Reading two posts about this same problem it seems that the speedo/odo wire is one unit altogether and is divided into 2 parts: one lower one that is connected to the higher one and the tranny and the other one that is connected to the dash. Most common problem seems to be the lower wire getting disconnected from the high one.

My question are:
1.- Am I interpreting the info correctly?
2.- Is the speedo and odo cable the same for both or are they separate units
3.- where the hell is the connection between the lower and higher cable located on a 2nd gen 3S-GE? and what does the connector look like.

Thanks

Luis C
10-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Anyone ? No one?

FWD88GT
10-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Speedo cable broken.

alltracman78
10-27-2006, 07:26 PM
If you have a mechanical speedo [US does for 93 and older], there is only 1 cable for both. Gears in the speedo transfer to the odometer. In which case the cable is most likely broke, though the speedo itself or the speedo gear in the trans could also be broke.
If you have a electronic speedo [JDM 90? and up, US 94 up], it is probably the speed sensor. Though a wire, speedo, or trans gear could be broken.