PDA

View Full Version : 91'GTS kinda noob

Cecile-91'GTS
10-22-2006, 05:52 AM
ok guys i bought a 91' gts celica not too long ago and now im really getting into the whole tuner thing. im trying to find out from you what motor swaps i can do and where to find more parts. i have an air intake with cone filter, cat-back exhaust and cams but i stole those out of a car in an impound yard.haha. but where the hell can i go?
this thing is actually pretty wicked. no rear seat and it's running a mid-high 14.
well after i fix my damn MAP sensor, it just went out 2 weeks ago and i cant find one for less then $350-$400.

:stupid:

BEAMS
10-22-2006, 05:54 AM
Hi, welcome us ethe search you have a few options for more power. I am kind of drunk right now but welcome.
Heres engine swap list. :bigthumbu
http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchive/mods/engswaps.htm

Cecile-91'GTS
10-22-2006, 06:15 AM
one other thing..... how do i find out what motor i have? i think its the 3s-fe motor but no clue. its the stock motor just a couple mods. 2.2l in a 91 toy celica....

Denver_whiteST185
10-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Its a 5s-fe. i don't think the 3s-fe came in any american celicas.

The common swap is a 3SGTE (an alltrac or MR2 turbo engine) with a camry V6 tranny. another swap is the Beams 3SGE. you can also turbo your 5sfe, but its about as expensive as swapping a 3SGTE and 5SFE rods are weak.

How did you get 14's in a GTS.

Cecile-91'GTS
10-22-2006, 06:38 AM
well with the cams and oh yeah i for got too mention fuel injectors with a cat-back and After-Market air intake, it kinda just happend.... i also have no spare or rear seat to add weight.... and on top of it i ahd a friend who lent me his drag radials from his civic that just happend to fit my wheel so that was a big time jump in grab at the track.

Denver_whiteST185
10-22-2006, 06:45 AM
If you had drag tires on, i could see a preatty good launch, but theres no top end on those engines. i use to have one before my alltrac.

Then again, your at sea level. :loser:

Cecile-91'GTS
10-22-2006, 06:56 AM
well with those cams i have a fairly decent power ban lasting from about 3800 rpm's to roughly 6500rpm's. so its a lot bigger then the stock motor can handle. and ur right being this close to sea level really does help, especially when its cool out.

Cecile-91'GTS
10-22-2006, 06:58 AM
hey what year range on that camry V6 tranny? and does it bolt straight up?

Murgatroy
10-22-2006, 11:15 AM
What 'cams' are you running?

And the 3SFE did come in American Celicas. I have one in my `89 GT. They didn't come in anything other than a 4th Gen though.

ciento44
10-22-2006, 02:38 PM
No offense... it's great that you're racing your car, and great that you found the site and you want to learn...

But even on drag radials, you aren't running a 5sfe in a GTS into the 14s at all, even high 14s. I've run 60' of a touch under 2.0, and i weigh less, and i doubt i'm making much less power than you, and i can't quite break out of 16s... come really close, but haven't done it yet.

I'm interested in these cams, too...

Spare and rear seat only take out about 80lbs alltogether if you have leather interior. Not enough to make any noticable difference in the quarter mile.

Slicks will probably make your time slower on a 5sfe if it's not boosted, you need at least a little wheelspin, at least that i've found.

Mid 14s, you're looking at probably around 200whp in the heavy setup that the GTS is, and i only know of one person that's hit that mark in an N/A 5sfe, and that took a mod list like you wouldn't believe.

Again, welcome to the site, but there's no point in bullshitting us...

VikingJZ
10-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Oh yeah? Well I once ran a 12.334 in my Celica at a million MPH.

I was hauling ass!

:D

ciento44
10-22-2006, 04:39 PM

I was hauling ass!

Dayyuuuuummmmmmm

Murgatroy
10-22-2006, 05:12 PM
The FI section will answer all your question as to swapping a 3SGTE (2.0L Turbo) into your chassis and wiring it up. It will make some power for you.

Cecile-91'GTS
10-22-2006, 08:03 PM
yah maybe im remember ing wrong it yah it was a mid 15, sorry guys i just pulled out the slip and its a 15.872. i just want to appologize for that.

and another question where can i find a turbo 2.0 for cheap?

Hookecho
10-22-2006, 08:42 PM
one other thing..... how do i find out what motor i have? i think its the 3s-fe motor but no clue. its the stock motor just a couple mods. 2.2l in a 91 toy celica....

how do you mod an engine and not know what kind of motor you have. also, how do you know the cams you pulled from another motor in the junk yard are anything other than stock? do you know what the profiles are?

not hating.......just curious

oh yeah, put the spare back in the car. it's not enough weight to even matter and having a flat tire without a spare is like getting your foreskin caught in the zipper!!

ciento44
10-22-2006, 08:42 PM
yah maybe im remember ing wrong it yah it was a mid 15, sorry guys i just pulled out the slip and its a 15.872. i just want to appologize for that.

Ahhh... much better. Mind scanning that slip or just writing the various measurements down? I'm curious what your 60' ended up like on slicks. I have a set that i may want to borrow for the last Tuesday Night Street Legal out here, if it'll get me that solidly into the 15s on stock motor. :P

And i'm sorry if i sounded like an asshole... i deal with people saying their stock honduhs run 13s all the time on one of my other forums, and i tend to get sick of it.

Turbo 2.0, as in 3sgte...

They're all over on Ebay, you can usually get one for about $1200-$1400 plus shipping. We on here tend to swear by Jarco Importers. Prices seem fair, and getting a full front clip really makes things easier.

And i'll probably be selling one cheap that may require some minor rebuilding ( :P ) here in a month or two.

Cecile-91'GTS
10-22-2006, 11:57 PM
how do you mod an engine and not know what kind of motor you have. also, how do you know the cams you pulled from another motor in the junk yard are anything other than stock? do you know what the profiles are?

not hating.......just curious

oh yeah, put the spare back in the car. it's not enough weight to even matter and having a flat tire without a spare is like getting your foreskin caught in the zipper!!

well you see i never bought the parts well i did but it was out of the same car that had been sitting in an impound yard i worked at for like 6 months..... they just happend to fit. we called up the owner and told him we were gutting it for the cash and he had no prob with it for some odd reason. he had a head and cams with an intake manifold but i didnt have the cash for all of it or my shit would be sick as fuck. yah i figured i would put it (spare) back in but i kinda dropped and bent the wheel. so its a bad one now. it was a full size not a donut. so pretty shitty. and hey where can i find lowering springs for my car? i fouind some coil over drops but there worn out and i dont wanna replace them a lot so im just gonna go with the springs...

Azzazzyn
10-23-2006, 12:02 AM

I was hauling ass!

were you takign them to a petting zoo? what kinda hitch and trailer did ya use?

VikingJZ
10-28-2006, 05:49 AM
I guess I never told you guys how I invented the hypercharger, huh? it's like a supercharger...but not. I may market it with an on/off switch.

Yep. It took my stock 5SFE from stock to 350HP. It's intense. My 16 year old struts and various other parts are holding up just dandy under the pressure from my beastly engine. I can beat nearly anything. Oh, and I bought a weight reduction kit, cool aluminum wing, fart can, and neons on Ebay. I also bought some JDM seat covers, JDM air freshener, JDM compass, JDM arm rest, JDM carbon fiber type hy burr turbo badge too.

I swear my shit is pushing 600HP now. Those decals and JDM parts make a difference. I swear by them.

Time to go take a shit...I wonder if they make JDM carbon fiber toilet paper?

'90 CeLicA Aus
10-28-2006, 06:14 AM
Why of course they do ;)

Murgatroy
10-28-2006, 08:28 AM
I guess I never told you guys how I invented the hypercharger, huh? it's like a supercharger...but not. I may market it with an on/off switch.

Yep. It took my stock 5SFE from stock to 350HP. It's intense. My 16 year old struts and various other parts are holding up just dandy under the pressure from my beastly engine. I can beat nearly anything. Oh, and I bought a weight reduction kit, cool aluminum wing, fart can, and neons on Ebay. I also bought some JDM seat covers, JDM air freshener, JDM compass, JDM arm rest, JDM carbon fiber type hy burr turbo badge too.

I swear my shit is pushing 600HP now. Those decals and JDM parts make a difference. I swear by them.

Time to go take a shit...I wonder if they make JDM carbon fiber toilet paper?

There is no need for sarcasm so thick.

We are here to help, not insult someone's taste. Or lack of.

Denver_whiteST185
10-28-2006, 09:25 AM

hehe, i knew it. thats why i was wondering. there was no way my little GT was anywhere close to that fast.

Denver_whiteST185
10-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Mid 14s, you're looking at probably around 200whp in the heavy setup that the GTS is, and i only know of one person that's hit that mark in an N/A 5sfe, and that took a mod list like you wouldn't believe.

Again, welcome to the site, but there's no point in bullshitting us...

hey, who was that. i didn't think you could really get that much out of a N/A 5sfe...

I mean, headers, and cold air intake, and a tune might net you 30 hp at most, but your talking adding 80 hp - 100 hp.

ciento44
10-28-2006, 05:43 PM
hey, who was that. i didn't think you could really get that much out of a N/A 5sfe...

I mean, headers, and cold air intake, and a tune might net you 30 hp at most, but your talking adding 80 hp - 100 hp.

Jim Snodgrass. He hit i believe it was just barely under 200whp.

Car sounded like ass, but it got the job done.

90celicaGTX
10-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Hi, welcome us ethe search you have a few options for more power. I am kind of drunk right now but welcome.
Heres engine swap list. :bigthumbu
http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchive/mods/engswaps.htm

hahaha, mee too man!!! :bigthumbu

do the 3sgte swap...
thats what i tell everyone.
ull hate the process of doin it if ur impatent...

Denver_whiteST185
10-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Jim Snodgrass. He hit i believe it was just barely under 200whp.

Car sounded like ass, but it got the job done.

I would like to see his mod list. do you have it or know where i could see it?