PDA

View Full Version : a 20pt. ticket reduced to 4 points

Denver_whiteST185
10-18-2006, 12:17 AM
Well, i just got back from Jefferson county courthouse. I got my twenty point ticket reduced to 4 points and some communty service time. :bigthumbu

before you ask, i was caught speeding pretty badly (going 90 on a 65mph highway) :slap: a month or two ago and the officer also wrote me a ticket for reckless driving and cited me for some other stuff while he was at it. i got everything taken down to careless driving.

However, unless im racing in a sanctioned event, im going to keep it at the speed limit. ive gotten too many tickets, been to too many driving awareness classes to deal with any more court dates and judges.

so, now that im done, whats the biggest ticket you guys have gotten out of?

CelicaZ-R
10-18-2006, 12:28 AM
Thats harsh man, I cant help not put my foot flat... thats what I love about the UK... they say you CANT exceed the speed limit, however they dont mention anything about how quickly you get there :P

andy
10-18-2006, 12:54 AM
i only race at the strip so ive got no reckless i should have been at the drag strip tickets, only a few speeding from drivin back and forth to school on exam days.
hahah

Colossus20v
10-18-2006, 01:51 AM
I havent gotten out of any tickets, Im guilty so I just pay them. Tennessee has seen the most of my money.

MCcelica
10-18-2006, 02:21 AM
I'm with colossus on that one. Except most of my money has gone to the state of Colorado. I claimed racial profiling in court on one because the hispanic cop said "All you white boys think you're all the fast and the furious". Yep, no dice on that. I even fought a damn parking ticket because the address on the ticket was at least a block away. Yup, no dice on that either.

Cavanagh
10-18-2006, 02:24 AM
Ok, well i got the same ticket, cept i was going 1mph faster....:hehe: does it say anywhere on the ticket how many pts its going to be against you?

MCcelica
10-18-2006, 02:31 AM
Most states do, but unless there's someone on here from IL whos gotten a speeding ticket, nobody can really be absolutely certain.

mtp_69_i
10-18-2006, 03:53 AM
i got out of a $16 parking ticket cos they got the location wrong. Never beaten a traffic infringment tho.

nice work! :bigthumb:

Slider
10-18-2006, 04:05 AM
Ok, well i got the same ticket, cept i was going 1mph faster....:hehe: does it say anywhere on the ticket how many pts its going to be against you?

I'm not sure if we have a point system here. I know if you get a certain amount of tickets in a year you can have your license suspended. I'm not sure if it applies to people over 21 also.

Murgatroy
10-18-2006, 04:51 AM
I havent gotten out of any tickets, Im guilty so I just pay them. Tennessee has seen the most of my money.
Same here.

Tennessee has taken over $10,000 in tickets and fines from me.

Worst was 112MPH in a 45. I was drug from the car at gunpoint and hauled off...

mtp_69_i
10-18-2006, 04:55 AM

no disrespect man but that's pretty retarded. nearly 3x the limit???!!

Murgatroy
10-18-2006, 04:55 AM
I was a kid. It was the last speeding ticket I ever got. 15 years ago.

mtp_69_i
10-18-2006, 04:56 AM
fair enough

msvasquez22
10-18-2006, 07:55 PM

was that on one of those roads were it should be like 70 speed limit but instead its really low. i hate those.
anyways... worst ticket for me was 108 in a 60, but i got defensive driving for it

MrWOT
10-18-2006, 08:07 PM

Lube sir? :eek2:

I've been chased for doing 130+ in a 55 zone, but the cop let me off ;) (It's a long story).

Murgatroy
10-18-2006, 08:27 PM
It was on HWY 411 down here. It is a 4 lane divided hwy. Coming out of Vonore there is a bridge going across the river. I have always driven as fast as I could get across the that bridge. About 20 or so years ago there was a weigh station at the far end. It was closed down. There was a cop hiding there. I pulled right over and took it like a man. I knew I was wrong. There were so many charges I don't remember all of them. In the end I wound up paying almost $500 for it all. I knew the Sheriff's sister, who also happened to be on the Vonore City Council. So I got off a little easier than I should have.

msvasquez22
10-18-2006, 08:54 PM
iono...i was think of this even though ill never do it, i think its not worth the risk, but if your going a 100+ and the cop is at a dead stop, do you know how hard it would be to catch up with you. plus if your car has nice pick up when you slow for a turn or somthin.
Am i the only one who thinks about things like that?

ciento44
10-19-2006, 12:24 AM
iono...i was think of this even though ill never do it, i think its not worth the risk, but if your going a 100+ and the cop is at a dead stop, do you know how hard it would be to catch up with you. plus if your car has nice pick up when you slow for a turn or somthin.

Nooooopeee....

<----- never gotten a speeding ticket, but should have 3 times... :P

God bless upstate new york and their crazy backroads.

Denver_whiteST185
10-19-2006, 12:55 AM
I've been chased for doing 130+ in a 55 zone, but the cop let me off ;) (It's a long story).

I want to hear this story.

Cavanagh
10-19-2006, 04:02 AM
Same here.

Tennessee has taken over $10,000 in tickets and fines from me.

:lolhittin :lolhittin NEVER!!!! thats super funny.

mtp_69_i
10-19-2006, 05:43 AM
goofball.

angryyoungnpoor
10-19-2006, 06:24 AM
80 in a 50. construction zone.

minimum fine of 275. paid 100 to a lawyer. then paid 115 for court cost. ticket dropped, no points and ended up only paying 215... less than the minimum fine.

JetBlack165
10-19-2006, 06:55 AM
Didn't get a ticket 'cause they didn't catch me on the radar but I was doing 125mph in a 50mph zone. I didn't even see them they caught up to me at a red light. I thought that was the end of my driving days for sure. All he said was ''people like you shouldn't be driving''... maybe he's right.

skeptic
10-19-2006, 07:07 PM

In my '77 Celica I was doing 90 in a 55 when I went past a cop going the other way. I look in my rear view and see the lights come on and him turning around. It was a fairly straight highway with gentle curves and dips so you can't see very far. I floored it, got it up to around 120 (top speed for the car), then turned off (where I was going) a few miles ahead. Never saw the cop after he was turning around.

This was back in HS, '85 or '86, and stupid. Now I'd just pull over and take what I deserved. I also rarely go more than 10 over now. One ticket in 20 years. It was an out of state ticket that didn't go on my record 'cause I took an online driving safety course and sent the certificate in with a they fine and a letter asking it to be dropped.

msvasquez22
10-19-2006, 07:26 PM
yea and back then no tellin how much hp the cops had back then, like 120hp in those big tanks. Now a days cop cars border the 300hp give or take a few, yall see the chargers and SS maro cop cars no tellin how much HP.

FWD88GT
10-19-2006, 08:57 PM
I got a ticket 2 months ago for 53 in a 35, driving while suspended and driving with no insurance, Drive with an out of state registerd vehical. Got this $810 dropped down to $145 And only the speeding went on my record.

MrWOT
10-19-2006, 09:11 PM
I want to hear this story.

Meh, what the hell, I'm bored. Here goes. (and I warned you, it's LONG)

Our tale takes place in august of '98. I have just received my first car, a gift from my father, who gave me his beloved '91 Taurus SHO... did I mention the powerdyne blower, quaife front differential and suspension included custom valved shocks? ;) So here I am at 17 years old, driving around this tiny god of a vehicle (put down 412whp) and I absolutely terrorized the streets of pleasant hill/concord/walnut creek. So after a while I heard about the late night drags that go on in the area, namely at marsh creek road (towards antioch) and franklin canyon (towards martinez). So I decided to cruise down to franklin canyon with a friend of mine, where I proceeded to anhilliate a brand spankin new Camaro SS much to the amazement of the crowd and the consternation of a few. And shortly afterward, the sheriffs decided to break up the party (happens once every few hours) so I took off before they locked down the street, and on my way back, I had a challenger.

Now my guess is that this was someone who saw me race and decided it would be fun to chase me down and pass me, but little did he know I was not in the mood for his shannangins (sorry, wanted to use that word all day). The challenger was driving a lowered late 80's 5.0 GT with some decent engine mods (took a while to lose him) and he knew how to drive pretty well. Now for those who aren't firmiliar with franklin canyon road, it runs parallel to hwy 4, and intersects it at two places. The first place is at the beginning of the road, where it begins teeing off of alhambra avenue and winds through a lightly forrested area though some sparse residential before going into the canyon itself. Once into the canyon, it is about 7 miles of winding road leading up to a 1/8 mile long straight stretch, where it again meets up with hwy 4. Beyond which is more winding road for about 4 miles and then the 1/2 mile long straightaway where everyone does their racing. Now that you're firmiliar with how the road is layed out, you can figure out what happened ;)

So mustang-boy decides he wants to play, and I decide to teach him a lesson about looking down on SHOs, so I toss the car into 3rd and gun it, running through the canyon at about 74mph (it's a 45 zone and that's what the tires would allow) and I started pulling away pretty steadily, after about 5 corners I couldn't even see him in the rear view anymore. So me and my friend are laughing it up and I slow down a bit and suddenly he's almost on top of me (caught up pretty quick). So I decide to lose him for good, put my foot back into it, and 4 more corners or so later, he's once again gone from my mirror. Now, at this point I'm just about to the 1/8th mile staightaway where the highway meets up with the road and I floor it at this point. Got up to about 132 and the guy was just gone. So after a few more corners at more sane speeds (60ish) suddenly there's those damn headlights in my rearview again! I can't believe it and neither can my friend! (I had really been pushing hard when I lost him the second time, figured he was long gone!) so I got mad and really went for broke. 82mph in the short straights, hard braking, basically max effort and this guy is actually keeping up pretty good! I was still about 2 corners ahead of him but he wasn't losing ground very fast (I was getting pretty frustrated at this point). So we're nearing the end of the road where it gets back into the residential section before it meets up with hwy 4 again when my friend says five words that will live with me forever.

"Holy shit Rob! RED LIGHTS!"

So I look into the rear view... and there at the beginning of the straightaway behind me I see the "mustang" and the "mustang" was a cop.... So I freaked the hell out. Downshifted as fast as I could, braked HARD and came to a stop just off the road, just waiting for this total shit storm and eventual arrest to come down on me. This cop is FLYING to catch up to me, talking 90+ in this residential area and appearantly he didn't realize I stopped. As my friend and I are sitting in my car with the engine off there was a terrifying sound of screeching tires. So we turn around to see what's going on to see the cop go into a REALLY bad spin. He's now about 300ft away from us, spinning down the road TOWARDS my car at about 70mph, my and my friend freak, and I drop the keys in my panic to get the car started and us out of the way, and at this point it's too late anyway. But he finally spins to a stop, facing AWAY from us (pointed the wrong way halfway in the lane, halfway in the dirt) about 17 inches off my rear bumper about 3 seconds later.

So here I am, sitting in the drivers seat, utterly terrified (my friend is actually crying at this point, and I don't blame him, I figured we were both heading for jail) and the CHP car just sits there (I can see what it is at this point, and it's NOT the mustang, it's a black and white CHP crown victoria). And it just sits there....

About 4 minutes go by and finally officer pulls out, turns his car around and parks right behind me, another quiet 3 minutes goes by before he exits his vehicle and heads to my drivers side door. At this point I've got my registration and license ready, and am commited to the idea of spending the night in jail. He comes up to the window (guy was about 46 years old by my guess) shines his flashlight into the car, and asks me

CHP: "Why did you stop?"

me: "???"

CHP: "I said, why did you stop?"

me: "Well, once I realized you weren't the mustang I THOUGHT I was racing, I pulled over, I swear to God I didn't mean to run, I just didn't know you weren't that car"

CHP: "....... wait here"

me: "Holy shit... I'm so going to jail..."

friend: "We are so fucking screwed...."

The officer comes back to car after a few minutes...

CHP: "So where are you guys heading?" (it's about 2am at this point)

me: "we were going home...."

CHP: "Keep going, have a nice night."

He turns around, gets back in his car, and drives off... never even asked me for my license...... So me and my friend are just sitting there in complete and utter shock for a few minutes, I started the car up, and drove him home, then went home. Never heard another word about it, no ticket in the mail, no swat team beating down my door, nothing....

I figure what must have happened is the mustang got on the highway at that 1/8th mile and the officer was just sitting there and saw me flyby at about 130 and proceeded to chase me. The scariest part was how calm the guy was when he was talking to me. I seriously expected to be dragged out of the car with a gun to my head when he got to the door, but he was very calm, and very quiet.... scared the shit out of me.

It was probably one of the scariest experiences of my life, and it was also my last trip EVER to the drags.

Cavanagh
10-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Wow...thats crazy WOT and a good story...btw what did you do with that SHO???

msvasquez22
10-19-2006, 09:42 PM
i was ganna ask the same thing. THey have one that shows up to meets every once in a while. Very original and clean

MrWOT
10-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Gave it back to my father when I moved San Luis Obispo and he sold it to a guy who lived in Benicia because he couldn't handle the clutch (bad back problems), that was about 6 years ago now :( I miss the power and the "what the hell was that?!" factor, but it didn't handle half as well as my alltrac does and the torque steer was ridiculous even with the quaife. The clutch was NOT meant for stop and go driving either, was the first (the don't offer it anymore) competition clutch the SHOshop offered. The pedal was so heavy and the engagement point so sharp the first week I had it I would either stall or burn out from a stop. My left leg was significantly stronger then my right leg by the time I sold it :hehe:

Denver_whiteST185
10-20-2006, 12:30 AM
As my friend and I are sitting in my car with the engine off there was a terrifying sound of screeching tires. So we turn around to see what's going on to see the cop go into a REALLY bad spin. He's now about 300ft away from us, spinning down the road TOWARDS my car at about 70mph, my and my friend freak, and I drop the keys in my panic to get the car started and us out of the way, and at this point it's too late anyway. But he finally spins to a stop, facing AWAY from us (pointed the wrong way halfway in the lane, halfway in the dirt) about 17 inches off my rear bumper about 3 seconds later.

So here I am, sitting in the drivers seat, utterly terrified (my friend is actually crying at this point, and I don't blame him, I figured we were both heading for jail) and the CHP car just sits there (I can see what it is at this point, and it's NOT the mustang, it's a black and white CHP crown victoria). And it just sits there....

About 4 minutes go by and finally officer pulls out, turns his car around and parks right behind me, another quiet 3 minutes goes by before he exits his vehicle and heads to my drivers side door. At this point I've got my registration and license ready, and am commited to the idea of spending the night in jail. He comes up to the window (guy was about 46 years old by my guess) shines his flashlight into the car, and asks me

CHP: "Why did you stop?"

me: "???"

CHP: "I said, why did you stop?"

me: "Well, once I realized you weren't the mustang I THOUGHT I was racing, I pulled over, I swear to God I didn't mean to run, I just didn't know you weren't that car"

CHP: "....... wait here"

me: "Holy shit... I'm so going to jail..."

friend: "We are so fucking screwed...."

The officer comes back to car after a few minutes...

CHP: "So where are you guys heading?" (it's about 2am at this point)

me: "we were going home...."

CHP: "Keep going, have a nice night."

He turns around, gets back in his car, and drives off... never even asked me for my license...... So me and my friend are just sitting there in complete and utter shock for a few minutes, I started the car up, and drove him home, then went home. Never heard another word about it, no ticket in the mail, no swat team beating down my door, nothing....

he probably was scared shitless too and just wanted to go home.

Good story, that was deffinantly an experiance.

Blue Scapegoat
11-12-2006, 10:18 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/BlueScapegoat/TK.jpg

partyball
11-12-2006, 11:08 PM
That sucks. Why the hell were you going so fast?

2kSnakEater
11-12-2006, 11:15 PM
all of you, weak sauce.

126 ina 55, got a ticket, fought it, and I got traffic school with nothing else. That Ticket never went on my record. The funny thing is that was the first time I ever actualy tried to see how fast the Trans Am would go. Never again will I do that.

Denver_whiteST185
11-13-2006, 02:08 AM
Damn, that sucks. ive hit those speeds on empty highways before, but i would shit myself if i got pulled over doing more than 90. did they take your car or anything. i know in colorado, they can inpound it for going over 100 or double the limit. i was lucky when i got pulled over cause they could have sent me to jail and take my car on the spot.

Gary
11-13-2006, 03:14 AM
BlueScapegoat: DOB 05/05/89
Dude, you are 17 yo and speeding 121+ mph on 60 mph zone at night!
How did you do in court?

Blackcloud
11-13-2006, 04:18 AM
95mph in a 35mph zone. I was 19 and had a concealed loaded handgun too. sheriff let me off and told me to go home and not do it again

Cavanagh
11-13-2006, 04:22 AM
all of you, weak sauce.

126 ina 55, got a ticket, fought it, and I got traffic school with nothing else. That Ticket never went on my record. The funny thing is that was the first time I ever actualy tried to see how fast the Trans Am would go. Never again will I do that.

Its all that American POWER :slap:

You topped at 126? or you got caught at 126? Cause my friend hit 138mph in his sc300 and i dont ever wanna go that fast.... At least anytime soon.

VikingJZ
11-13-2006, 04:50 AM
Bahh...I actually don't speed that much more than ten over unless I'm on an interstate where the speed limits run anywhere from 75-85. So naturally, most people do like 90.

My first weekend at ND I had been home. That Friday night Third Eye Blind was playing at the Joyce Center. I had been home and then left to go back up to campus for the show.

I was on US-31 North about ten miles from school when I realized I forgot my cell phone on my kitchen table. I turned around and started driving back...which was about ten minutes away. While on US-6 I was doing 70 in a 55 and had about five miles to go before I'd be home. I'm driving along and not really paying attention to any cars like I usually do (Third Eye Blind is one of my favorite bands...so I wasn;t really thinking about much else.). All of a sudden I'm looking and see the words STATE POLICE plastered on a Crown Shit. He pulls around and stops me, comes to the car and asks for my stuff, takes it and says, "I'll be right back." He comes back and puts the ticket and clip board in front of me and says "You must sign here stating you received the white copy." I signed it and he then says, "This date here is the date that your payment is due." He rips off my copy, hands it to me and walks away....not saying much at all.

I just paid the deferral program fee which is $50 extra over my $120. I got the money from selling an Ipod that I won during freshman year orientation.

I hate cops though. I've seen too many that are ass holes just because. I've been stopped before the ticket, but for stupid shit because the cop was bored. I can tell I confuse cops somtimes, as my wording of things is above their high school education level.

I didn't get a 34 on my ACT for nothing.

I mean, I'm sure I'll get another some day. I'm good at spotting cars at night. I know the headlight patterns of all the common ones and know how to spot all the un-marked (which I always wave at them to signal that the un-marked vehicle is pointless.)

FYI...for those who want to drive fast on the Indiana section of the 80/90 Indiana Toll Road....watch out for COMPLETELY unmarked late-model Ford Taurus'. They look like a civilian vehicle and all of the lights are concealed. The only visible light box is above the rear-view mirror and is only about the size of a radar detector with a small red and blue LED. The headlights also flash simultaneously. They're usually earth tone colors with no metal flake paint. License plates will only be on the back and will be a normal Indiana plate like I have. The first two numbers will usually say 71....indicating St. Joe County.

Indiana State Police also use unmarked 1998-2002 Chevrolet Camaros in burgundy, navy blue, white, or black. The traditional roof of the late model Camaros are painted black to signify that the vehicle is a V8. The police versions are all hard topped and one color. They have the Z28 rims but look like a V6 civilian verson. Those have visible lights mounted on the dash and in the rear window.

Also watch out for the new 2007 Impalas and Chargers. Indiana County Sherriffs use brown cars, but also have unmarked ones of various non-metal flaked painted colors. ICS car license plates are always brown with the badge design in the left corner.

I've heard numerous people say that because the Toll Road was sold to a private and foreign company, there are no police patrols on it anymore.

Wrong.

2kSnakEater
11-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Its all that American POWER :slap:

You topped at 126? or you got caught at 126? Cause my friend hit 138mph in his sc300 and i dont ever wanna go that fast.... At least anytime soon.

thats what he caught me at ;) It was a very short bridge and I did get up to 135-140 before I saw him and damm near melted my brakes

Fuelish
11-13-2006, 08:12 PM
It was on HWY 411 down here. It is a 4 lane divided hwy. Coming out of Vonore there is a bridge going across the river. I have always driven as fast as I could get across the that bridge. Hey Murg....I know where ya mean, but can't say as I've ever traveled that fast through there ;) My worst ticket was 90 in, ummm, a 65 mph zone, I believe, in Virginia
(Royal Front ??? Front Royal ??? somethin' like that). I ended up pleading guilty by mail and paid, oh I dunno, around $300 ..... was never notified by TN that I have any points on my record and my insurance never went up. Am thinking they were happy to get my $$$ and let it go at that :cool:

ciento44
11-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Hoosier stuff.

Hey dude... how long of a drive would it be from Notre Dame to Greenwood? We need to meet up somewhere or something. Wanna hit up Brickyard Import Junkyard with me?

VikingJZ
11-14-2006, 02:57 AM
My house is in Bremen, IN which is ten minutes north-east of Plymouth, IN. Yahoo says it's about 3 1/2 hours to Greenwood.

Let me know if you're in the area in the near future. After winter I'll come down that way and we can meet up.

Blue Scapegoat
11-14-2006, 04:49 AM
Dude, you are 17 yo and speeding 121+ mph on 60 mph zone at night!
How did you do in court?

It was almost a little similar to the story above...

I was heading home from a party at about 11:30, and I guess I took a turn a little fast at TA of Lodi, and a cruiser was sitting at the intersection and heard me chirp the tires.

Anyway, I took my right hand turn a little quick and headed up the rural divided highway, and in the process passed a cavalier I'd seen in the area before. 'Seen in the area before' meaning he'd shot at my celica with an airsoft gun out his passenger window.

So I kept going up the road, and over the hill, and watched his headlights catching up a little. I went around a long right sweeper, and they got closer, then right onto my ass, when they moved over to the fast lane. They tailed me for a good 3 miles, with me going 70mph in a 60. After a few more turns, we came to a straight stretch. It's a perfectly flat divided highway, 2.5 mile straight. No intersections, no ramps, just one overpass halfway down. I know the road and every little bump. I drive it 4+ times a day. So I sped up a little, and so did the Cavalier, and I dropped it to 4th and mashed it. I knew I could beat his p.o.s. rice-alier.

At first I pulled ahead a little, then he started catching up slowly. As I passed the underpass I was exceeding 120mph and the following car started falling back steadily. I got a couple hundred yards ahead when the lights came on.

I knew there was a ramp coming up, 224 + 42, and I know the back roads like crazy. I could have easily lost him. They're twisty and tricky. I could have zipped around a turn, flipped my lights off and pulled into a driveway. But he'd been following me for miles, so I knew he had my plate. I hit the brakes right away and pulled over.

He came up to the window, and yelled "Good job, 120 in a 60! AND you stopped in the roadway! I HOPE I DIE! Move the ******* car up past the gaurdrail and stay in the **** vehicle"

Even though I was WAY out of the slow lane and there was zero traffic, I pulled ahead of the railing and waited. He came back, it an unusually calm mood and asked me to follow him back to his cruiser. He took my license, but never asked for insurance, never asked for title. He made me call my mom to tell her what happened. It turns out he was on his way home from work, just off duty. So we had to wait 20 minutes for another state trooper to show up with tickets, cause he was out. I probably could have fought it in court, but I didn't want to try to shift the blame. I still did something stupid, and I still broke the law. However, he told me several things in the cruiser that I think I could have used to get me out of it. I remember all of the conversation;

"I was following you for probably 6 miles. You thought I was that cavalier, didn't ya? He turned off in Lodi, around the right hander before '42. I heard you chirp the tires down there in Chippewa, decided to wait till you got over the hill and flipped on my lights to get through the intersection. 'Figured I was headed that way anyway. I flipped on my dash camera and watched you. You were goin' 65 at first, 5 over, and I was alright with that. Then you sped up and was goin' 10 over. I was even ok with that. I was just about to turn the camera off and pass you (Yes, he said that!) when you got down on it. You just had to do that, didn't you? You probably didn't have much left in that car. You weren't pulling away very quick. My cruiser tops out at 121"

Hence the '121+'
I don't know how fast I was really going, I wasn't watching the speedometer. I would guess 125-ish, 130 tops.

All he ticketed me for was speeding, oddly enough. No 'reckless opp', no 'too fast for conditions' and no 'street racing.'

My friend got pulled over topping out his Ford Temp (82mph) in a 55 and got all of the above, in addition to the speeding charge.

When all was said and done, I got an 89 day court suspension with no privledges (max for a minor's first offense) $50 fine (also max) and 4 points on my license. (Max as well)

I'm usually a responsible driver. Rarely more than 5 over the limit. The only time I open it up is when It's an empty clear road that I know, with no intersections. (they scare me- can't stop at that speed)

Anyway, my record clears when I turn 18 in May, and Allstate never found out about it, so it was a learning experience. I don't necesarily regret it either. I didn't risk anybody's lives but my own. The cop could have pulled me over much earlier, and there was no traffic. I did get something out of it though- I've got the original ticket pinned in my room, and the Honda boys at school know my car as "Little Red." They don't mess with my Celica. :hehe:

Denver_whiteST185
11-14-2006, 05:58 AM
what do you mean by your record will be clear when you turn 18?

Blue Scapegoat
11-14-2006, 02:39 PM
In Ohio anyway, when you turn 18 all non-federal offenses on your record are cleared, and you're given a new start as an adult.

So my 4 points will be removed, and the ticket will be erased.