PDA

View Full Version : Mustang (sally)

Mr E
12-02-2004, 11:39 PM
So as my car is in bits, I borrowed the Mustang this evening. 1998 Anniversary edition I think.

Red.

Things I like;
300lb/ft of torque from about 1500rpm
The noise.
It looks kind of cool.
It's different.

Things I dislike;
Pretty much everything else. Sorry.
It's about the size of the 5 series, but feels bigger. Much bigger. With less room inside the cabin.
Terrible gearbox. I think it came off a tractor. So a good job all that torque means no need to shift.
Brakes that are over servo'd and I got the feeling that they would turn to mush after 2 or 3 big stops.
Hugely over assisted steering. I had no confidence at all in the front end.
No LSD. So deploying all that torque on very slippery roads was kind of exciting. It tended to just spin all the power away on the unloaded wheel.
Minicab interior.
Engine (a 4.6 V8) totally breathless past about 5K. I suspect that's US emmisions gear. De-cat it and stick a decent induction kit and I think it would pull a lot harder.
Did I mention that it handled like a boat?

Not as much fun as you might think. There's only so many times spinning the back end up and going nowhere is amusing.

The GT-Four would utterly slaughter it in every arena except the dragstrip. There it would mearly be quicker.

I fully suspect a half decent hot hatch would run rings around it on the track.

It's a straight line weapon, and with a few cheap mods (modifying these things is very easy) not a bad one. In a straight line.

I'll pass.

Colossus20v
12-03-2004, 01:18 AM
haha. Thats basically the same thing i think about them.

MoralWarfare
12-03-2004, 02:19 AM
hahaha, sucka mustang.

what's up with the gt-four?

Mr E
12-04-2004, 10:43 AM
hahaha, sucka mustang.

what's up with the gt-four?

Modification work not going well.

bator
12-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Well said Mr. E :arr: