PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket brakes in AU

robbie
01-20-2005, 06:15 AM
Anyone know of any good aftermarket brakes for st184 that are easily available in AU (preferably NSW)? I actually just need new pads atm but i would love to upgrade my brakes at the same if possible..

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
01-20-2005, 09:45 AM
greenstuff, get em, use em.
Bendix are also quite good.

As for brakes, your in luck. DBA has slotted rotors just for you, direct bolt up. They set me back $160 per corner, but made a world of difference.

Another brake upgrade idea, get in contact with stu, his selling off his ST185 anchros, they will be a nice little upgrade for you.

Jaemus
01-20-2005, 10:57 AM
sweet sweet slotted rotors

robbie
01-20-2005, 11:10 AM
i dont know much about brakes.. Would it be a good idea to get new calipers? Im thinking about just upgrading my fronts for now, could that cause any problems? Recommend any good pads? That are not too expensive (eg NOT topend endless :( ) I also heard that upgrading ur brakes needs to engineered in NSW is that true? sorry about all the questions.. :eek:

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
01-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Would it be a good idea to get new calipers?
-Thats really depends on what your going to use the car for, in all situations, bigger brakes are always good. But you have to think about costs involved. Pads usually surfice for most people. But if you race/touge alot, then its a good idea, to ugprade everything, fluids, brakes, the lot.

Im thinking about just upgrading my fronts for now, could that cause any problems?
-Yes/No, you have to be careful here, as when you upgrade to bigger brakes, you will affect the braking bias (how mch force to front-rear) when upgrading to larger calipers, you want to get the bias to be front biased, to fill the larger calipers. But this is minor, with a biasing valved installed, it can be tweaked.

Recommend any good pads?
-Without going into too much detail, you get what you pay for, I personally would go with Greenstuff or Bendix. Again depending on application, you might need a harder brake pad, which would cost more, and take longer to heatup, but less fade resistant.

I also heard that upgrading ur brakes needs to engineered in NSW is that true?
-Yes, this is very important, if you are upgrading brakes, this is an important safety feature, do not mess around here. The only time you are exempt, is if you are using the brakes from the same model car. For example, upgrading the ST184 brakes to the ST185 brakes. A popular upgrade.

Hope i answered your questions.

robbie
01-20-2005, 11:36 AM
hmmm since i will require engineering i might put it off for now :( ,will just get some new pads for now. Thinkin bout selling it soon and buying me a gt4 anyways :D

Classique71
01-21-2005, 08:09 AM
note : mine are sold and you cant have my ST205 setup :)