PDA

View Full Version : first track day

Ricksta
10-12-2006, 12:05 AM
tamparacing.com is having a track day on the 28th. i just signed up and even though the celica would be ready by then i really want to take the bike. im going to have to find me a nice spot to practice my launches on the bike, keeping the front end down from a dig is a bitch. hopefully i can find someone with a video camera.

im excited i used to go to the track years ago with my moms bf at the time. he was head mechanic for a harley dealer and he had a suped up buel that was sponsered by harley. i hope chicks still flash you for 5 dollars still because that was the highlight of my track experiences lol.

burnyd
10-12-2006, 12:14 AM
so are you running your gt?

Ricksta
10-12-2006, 12:28 AM
so are you running your gt?

tamparacing.com is having a track day on the 28th. i just signed up and even though the celica would be ready by then i really want to take the bike. :slap:

burnyd
10-12-2006, 12:39 AM
oh sorry a-d-d

So the all might 400hp wonder wont see any track time :laugh:

85gtsblackman
10-12-2006, 01:43 AM
< goes and runs the 22re :hehe:

alltracman78
10-12-2006, 02:41 AM
:movestocorrectforum:

Ricksta
10-12-2006, 03:57 AM
oh sorry a-d-d

So the all might 400hp wonder wont see any track time :laugh:

im not going to the track till i know all my problems are over with on the gt. sure i can fix this stub but whos to say there isnt something else wrong? i need time for trial and error. dont worry she shall be at the track and i will own your next mr2 :)

Murgatroy
10-12-2006, 10:17 AM
I would prefer to see some solid numbers for the GT.

Scared?

burnyd
10-12-2006, 05:14 PM
im not going to the track till i know all my problems are over with on the gt. sure i can fix this stub but whos to say there isnt something else wrong? i need time for trial and error. dont worry she shall be at the track and i will own your next mr2 :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MCcelica
10-12-2006, 07:28 PM

That actually sounds smart to me, rather be safe than sorry I'm gathering.

ciento44
10-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Dude.. just run the GT. If i breaks, no biggie... it's going to break at some point, anyways. You have another Celica, and a bike. You can still get around. Even if everything is fine on it, stuff WILL break on it at some point.

Get on that thing. Flog it on the track.

I'm predicting 13.4 @ 115. :P

Ricksta
10-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Dude.. just run the GT. If i breaks, no biggie... it's going to break at some point, anyways. You have another Celica, and a bike. You can still get around. Even if everything is fine on it, stuff WILL break on it at some point.

the track is over 2 hours away. if that shit breaks the tow bill is going to be too hefty. and your prediction is a joke, i have a time slip in the glove box from when darren ran the car and it was 13.1, and that was before he went with 60 trim

burnyd
10-12-2006, 11:22 PM

yah with a 60 ft time of 2.8

burnyd
10-12-2006, 11:25 PM
the track is over 2 hours away. if that shit breaks the tow bill is going to be too hefty. and your prediction is a joke, i have a time slip in the glove box from when darren ran the car and it was 13.1, and that was before he went with 60 trim

Im not going to start hating on you but I need to see that timeslip... just snap a pic of it or something... and he ran this 13.1 on a ct26?

Sean
10-12-2006, 11:34 PM
LOL what an investment :hehe:

Weather pending, I should be at the track next friday!

Sean
10-12-2006, 11:34 PM
BTW: The track is over 4hrs away :hehe: Trust what you built foo, oh what, you didnt build it.

Ricksta
10-12-2006, 11:56 PM
Im not going to start hating on you but I need to see that timeslip... just snap a pic of it or something... and he ran this 13.1 on a ct26?

no the turbo was rebuilt with a 60 trim. i think it was 50 trim before..

Ricksta
10-12-2006, 11:56 PM
BTW: The track is over 4hrs away :hehe: Trust what you built foo, oh what, you didnt build it.

exactly..so if it falls apart id like it to do it close to home

burnyd
10-13-2006, 12:10 AM

good luck busting into the 13s

Sean
10-13-2006, 12:11 AM
Thanks!

burnyd
10-13-2006, 12:13 AM
no the turbo was rebuilt with a 60 trim. i think it was 50 trim before..

well maybe some day here Ill have to venture down to florida to give you the raping of your life heh :D

ciento44
10-13-2006, 12:24 AM
Let me know when next summer, i'll tag along. :)

Ricksta
10-13-2006, 12:30 AM
yea burnyd will be trying to rape me with his buick sedan hhahahaha

ciento44
10-13-2006, 12:46 AM

God that's hot.

burnyd
10-13-2006, 01:12 AM

nah that was my ride when my celica broke. I bought the truck... a 95 toyota truck with a 22re race motor that makes 300hp because darren said so. I have the dyno.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/burnyd/Random%20beater%20truck%20pics/s5030015.jpg
and room for all my goalie equipment!

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/burnyd/Random%20beater%20truck%20pics/s5030017.jpg

and getting back to the mr2... I have a time slip with the ct26 :)... and its pretty decent. But I dont have one with the ct20b and w2a intercooler. It would be pretty good :). But With the new whp gains and tq gains its should be pretty good + I have alot of drag experience and you have none.

Sean
10-13-2006, 01:52 AM
Ummm.. sorry to burst your bubble, but a turbo and an intercooler wont get very far going down the track. Usually they require the rest of the car to assist in traveling from Point A, the start line, to Point B, the Finish Line.

That is, you have no car.

burnyd
10-13-2006, 02:09 AM
Ummm.. sorry to burst your bubble, but a turbo and an intercooler wont get very far going down the track. Usually they require the rest of the car to assist in traveling from Point A, the start line, to Point B, the Finish Line.

That is, you have no car.

please... the intercooler on the mr2 is not very efficient. Yes a intercooler will help ALOT! not just a supporting modification like fuel is. Its actually going to cool down the air alot considering im going from a side mount to a top mount thats w2a. Ill get it dnyod here after Im done fixing this fucked up accident.

and I told you good luck on your 13's :D

Cavanagh
10-13-2006, 04:00 AM

Sorry ricksta, but MR2>Celicas all day. Espically FWD traction losing car. I'd put my money on Burnyd.

burnyd
10-13-2006, 04:28 AM
Sorry ricksta, but MR2>Celicas all day. Espically FWD traction losing car. I'd put my money on Burnyd.

:wiggle: :hehe: :bigthumbu :saythat: :popcorn: :ohsnap: :rockon: :fsjump: :ohnoes:

Ricksta
10-13-2006, 04:30 AM
i watched burnyd get his ass handed to him by a stock trans am....so we shall see. im going to race 2ksnakeater in his trans am and we'll see where were at

burnyd
10-13-2006, 04:42 AM
ahahahahah dude laura was not stock by any means... and her car runs mid to high 12s...

burnyd
10-13-2006, 04:45 AM
http://www.pittspeed.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=42783

a ls1 + intake headers exhaust and tune that put down 350 to the wheels... hrrrmmmmm

Sean
10-13-2006, 08:22 AM
please... the intercooler on the mr2 is not very efficient. Yes a intercooler will help ALOT! not just a supporting modification like fuel is. Its actually going to cool down the air alot considering im going from a side mount to a top mount thats w2a. Ill get it dnyod here after Im done fixing this fucked up accident.

and I told you good luck on your 13's :D

Good, do it man, run your CT20b and your intercooler this weekend, :hehe:

Take a picture of it too! Your lone turbo and intercooler sitting on the starting line, without tires, chassis, headlights... You get it yet MORON, you have no car. :lolhittin :lolhittin

burnyd
10-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Good, do it man, run your CT20b and your intercooler this weekend, :hehe:

Take a picture of it too! Your lone turbo and intercooler sitting on the starting line, without tires, chassis, headlights... You get it yet MORON, you have no car. :lolhittin :lolhittin

dude it runs... it drives.. not really the best looking when I have to hop in through the t-tops... but hey still faster than ricksta :D

Ricksta
10-13-2006, 11:50 AM
dude it runs... it drives.. not really the best looking when I have to hop in through the t-tops... but hey still faster than ricksta :D

you must be day dreaming again

Ricksta
10-13-2006, 11:51 AM
dude id meet your ass half way just so i could demolish you in a race. and then after seeing the priceless look on your face because i beat you from a dig mr "ive got so much drag experiece and you got none" im going laugh my ass off and the post it on every board you have ever posted on because you got beat by the 39847398 hp celi :)

burnyd
10-13-2006, 12:57 PM
dude id meet your ass half way just so i could demolish you in a race. and then after seeing the priceless look on your face because i beat you from a dig mr "ive got so much drag experiece and you got none" im going laugh my ass off and the post it on every board you have ever posted on because you got beat by the 39847398 hp celi :)

this is going to start a pointless pissing match and usually I am up for those kinds of things. Ill let the number speak for themselves have fun dragging your car on your track day.

YES THE MR2 DRIVES!!!

burnyd
10-13-2006, 12:57 PM
you must be day dreaming again

Yes it still drives, yes it still would beat you.

Ricksta
10-13-2006, 05:05 PM
well man ive been having a lot of time off lately. i dont see why not we could have some sort of meet within the next coming months. punisher should have his motor built up by now so bring his ass too. would like too keep the race in florida though. the 0 elevation would be nice for both cars :)

burnyd
10-13-2006, 08:04 PM
well man ive been having a lot of time off lately. i dont see why not we could have some sort of meet within the next coming months. punisher should have his motor built up by now so bring his ass too. would like too keep the race in florida though. the 0 elevation would be nice for both cars :)

Well I dont know if steve would beat you or not. Hes not the drag racing type. I dont think hes been to the track. You will understand exactly what I meen when you run your car and try to launch it and your liek wtf? The track is completely different from the street. Same thing with auto cross and road race the course is entirely different from anything youll ever experience. Im not talking down to you Im only informing you nicely. Sure when it gets nice out and I actually have a dyno for a 300whp mr2 and I have a timeslip and you have a timeslip sure. Im sure steve would be up for it too. But didnt you say you were going to beat him bloody with a bat?

Sean
10-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Keep this thread on track, got it?

Competition is a GOOD thing, keep it somewhat civil please. Competition pushes us all to strive to work our hardest, keep it up, its healthy!

Ricksta
10-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Well I dont know if steve would beat you or not. Hes not the drag racing type. I dont think hes been to the track. You will understand exactly what I meen when you run your car and try to launch it and your liek wtf? The track is completely different from the street. Same thing with auto cross and road race the course is entirely different from anything youll ever experience. Im not talking down to you Im only informing you nicely. Sure when it gets nice out and I actually have a dyno for a 300whp mr2 and I have a timeslip and you have a timeslip sure. Im sure steve would be up for it too. But didnt you say you were going to beat him bloody with a bat?

whether or not ive been to the track or not im a quick learner. and even if you got a better launch then me id still win MANG. now that i want to race all i hear is "o no please no wait i have to get my car dynoed to 300hp wa wa wa".

as far as steve he's done a lot of work to that motor i think it'd be fun. and i let by gones be by gones.

burnyd
10-13-2006, 08:44 PM
whether or not ive been to the track or not im a quick learner. and even if you got a better launch then me id still win MANG. now that i want to race all i hear is "o no please no wait i have to get my car dynoed to 300hp wa wa wa".

as far as steve he's done a lot of work to that motor i think it'd be fun. and i let by gones be by gones.

no he doesnt have alot of work done to that engine..... its pretty much stock just completely rebuilt with factory party to be honest. Stock head. Same cams... Only thing thats really special about it is the gt28rs/550s/fmic/exhaust. I meen at a decent boost level it should put close to 300whp should! Just a guess.

But ricksta what do you have to support your statement? I have many slips I HAVE RAN in my car. I have the dyno from the first day I finished my car... I have the dyno from the first day I got my ct20b and exhaust on my car...

Ricksta
10-13-2006, 09:02 PM
when i have felt what the car can do it gives me more then enough confidence that your done MANG!

burnyd
10-13-2006, 09:03 PM
when i have felt what the car can do it gives me more then enough confidence that your done MANG!

How SO? I meen honestly what are you judging by your drag 1/4 mile gauge?

2kSnakEater
10-14-2006, 12:43 AM
http://www.pittspeed.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=42783

a ls1 + intake headers exhaust and tune that put down 350 to the wheels... hrrrmmmmm

just that beat you? thats sad

Cavanagh
10-14-2006, 08:25 PM
But didnt you say you were going to beat him bloody with a bat?
Hey i remeber that statement. :wiggle:

Cavanagh
10-14-2006, 08:27 PM
I bet the only thing a T/A can do is go fast in a straight line.

Also, that T/A prolly got a good 50+ hp on him.

burnyd
10-15-2006, 01:31 AM
I bet the only thing a T/A can do is go fast in a straight line.

Also, that T/A prolly got a good 50+ hp on him.

lol... tune... headers. exhaust intake.. put down 350whp.. .when my mr2 put down 190whp the same day.

burnyd
10-15-2006, 01:33 AM
just that beat you? thats sad

you show how little you know about cars everytime you post. You are surely retarded. A ls1 car with headers,intake,exhaust with a tune... that put down almost 150 more whp than my car... YES that beat me. Whats sad is when you buy a alltrac and put twice as much as its worth into it. Please talk about sad.... talk about sad is shes a girl and could drive better than you can... she went 13.30s stock today she went 12.70s with that new setup she has in her car now.

She only beat me by 1 car length I beat her out of the hole. It wasnt really till 3rd gear is when she pulled on me

Ricksta
10-15-2006, 07:28 AM
i'll race you dan,
but if i win...you shall be banned from ctech
but if you win...your still banned from ctech and you owe me a mocha lote' shake from dunkin donuts.

*you wouldnt win regardless* :)

burnyd
10-15-2006, 08:17 AM
i'll race you dan,
but if i win...you shall be banned from ctech
but if you win...your still banned from ctech and you owe me a mocha lote' shake from dunkin donuts.

*you wouldnt win regardless* :)

Honestly the deal I worked out with this guy in florida... I come down there with my motor harness fuel pump blah blah and I swap I pay him for the shell... I might just have to take you up for that offer... No lie.

Cavanagh
10-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Dude...c'mon rick, remeber...FWD Celica<Rwd MR2

By the time you get some traction, he'll be half way down the track (not ripping on your car or anything, but it just happens with the FWD-ness and that much power)

well dan, it is sad you lost, i mean she did have a good 150 hp over you...

Ricksta
10-15-2006, 03:13 PM
dan that would be kickass! your going to ship your motor down to florida and swap it in miami?!? shit i could come down and help you with the swap. ive pulled two motors now, a 5sfe and a 3sgte so i got the pulling down and packed. but never put one in im sure it'll be fun. i can do it as long as its on a weekend

Ricksta
10-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Dude...c'mon rick, remeber...FWD Celica<Rwd MR2

By the time you get some traction, he'll be half way down the track :hehe: (not ripping on your car or anything, but it just happens with the FWD-ness)

well dan, it is sad you lost, i mean she did have a good 150 hp over you...

stop sucking up to dans anus you jew. this is what your practically saying which therefor makes you a complete dumbass...

hi my name is cavanagh, and omg all mr2's will whoop any celica just because of the fact that thier rwd. i dont care if that celica has a shitload more hp, the mr2 will win because its rwd. im ghey for rwd :ghey: .im also ghey for dan, i love to squeeze his chubby cheeks they make me so horny. and i ignore the fact that the quarter mile is a decent size road and even though someone had a better launch that still eliminates the time to catch up from point a to point b. did i mention i was ghey for dans anus?!?!":ghey: :ghey: :ghey: :ghey: :ghey: :ghey: :ghey: :ghey:

wow cavanagh i never really realized how ghey you were untill you said that you jew :eek:

Cavanagh
10-15-2006, 10:40 PM
What the hell man...all i said was that i agreed with him that his mr2 I THINK would beat your celica cause traction will be a problem for you. Thats all calm down.

burnyd
10-15-2006, 11:01 PM
What the hell man...all i said was that i agreed with him that his mr2 I THINK would beat your celica cause traction will be a problem for you. Thats all calm down.

think... come on man its a gaurentee I just talked to darren he thinks so !

Ricksta
10-16-2006, 12:29 AM

its not the fact that all you said that time was about my traction. it seems to be fine i dont spin that much. but everything that comes out of your mouth is mr2 this mr2 that, burnyd will win blah blah blah. dans single man i know he doesnt usually go for minors but hey its worth a try bra.

if you love mr2's so much budday go and buy one....but you making statements towards my car that you've never been in is getting aggrivating. ive got an mr2/toyota meet comin up here shortly i mite attend. i'll be sure to get vid of me stomping one no doubt about it....

burnyd
10-16-2006, 01:08 AM
its not the fact that all you said that time was about my traction. it seems to be fine i dont spin that much. but everything that comes out of your mouth is mr2 this mr2 that, burnyd will win blah blah blah. dans single man i know he doesnt usually go for minors but hey its worth a try bra.

if you love mr2's so much budday go and buy one....but you making statements towards my car that you've never been in is getting aggrivating. ive got an mr2/toyota meet comin up here shortly i mite attend. i'll be sure to get vid of me stomping one no doubt about it....

open your mouth I am going to make a mess of it.

Ricksta
10-16-2006, 01:25 AM
your going to put a mess in my mouth?!?! i knew you were homo!

when you come down to florida hands off my butt aight?!?! lol

Cavanagh
10-16-2006, 02:28 AM
well, in fact i am saving for one....

And i guess since im friends with burnyd hes "going" for minors???

Gimme a break and don't be so immature.

OH BTW, good luck at track day :squint:

Ricksta
10-16-2006, 03:45 AM
you can pick up a decent one for like 4 grand
save half and then sell your st and you should be straight

Ricksta
10-16-2006, 03:45 AM
unless your like me i like to have two cars

burnyd
10-16-2006, 04:43 AM
your going to put a mess in my mouth?!?! i knew you were homo!

when you come down to florida hands off my butt aight?!?! lol

sorry anal virgins only.

burnyd
10-16-2006, 04:44 AM
you can pick up a decent one for like 4 grand
save half and then sell your st and you should be straight

Yes the problem cars :D