PDA

View Full Version : who's running a WRC st205?

supercee
10-07-2006, 04:48 AM
From researching it, WRC st205 came with the antilag stuff, i didnt know what the hoses on the WRC BPV were at first , here's the thread

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20514

the question is , since the antilag system isnt hooked up on the WRX models , are the hoses just hanging free? if my WRC BPV work with those lines going anywhere? any light helps , thanks yall

Murgatroy
10-07-2006, 05:52 AM
The main reason it is unhooked is because of the life expectancy. Don't plan on your engine lasting more than 500 miles if you hook it up.

supercee
10-07-2006, 06:34 AM
will the BPV work properly with the lines free? The BPV came with my st205 IC and just wondering

Denver_whiteST185
10-07-2006, 09:13 AM
The main reason it is unhooked is because of the life expectancy. Don't plan on your engine lasting more than 500 miles if you hook it up.

what he said. you may be able to get more life out of your turbo with the antilag equiped if you get a ball bearing turbo, but plan on replacing your turbo every oil change or sooner.

GlHlOST
10-07-2006, 10:40 AM
why?

supercee
10-07-2006, 04:04 PM
LOL guys, i dont give a rats ass about the antilag, I'm asking the who ppl have seen the WRC setup if the BPV works as a BY PASS VALVE without the antilag lines hooked up. cmon!!

tankd0g
10-07-2006, 06:28 PM
LOL guys, i dont give a rats ass about the antilag, I'm asking the who ppl have seen the WRC setup if the BPV works as a BY PASS VALVE without the antilag lines hooked up. cmon!!

Are you talking about the one that got them kicked out of WRC? :) I would assume something has to actuate it, is there any other lines attached?

Murgatroy
10-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Are you talking about the one that got them kicked out of WRC? :) I would assume something has to actuate it, is there any other lines attached?
This is not the device that got them kicked out.

The device that got them kicked out was not put into production vehicles. They used a bypass that allowed a higher boost level, if it were incorporated into a factory piece on production vehicles, it would have been spotted sooner.

GlHlOST
10-07-2006, 11:31 PM
whats soo bad about anti-lag???????

tankd0g
10-07-2006, 11:58 PM
This is not the device that got them kicked out.

The device that got them kicked out was not put into production vehicles. They used a bypass that allowed a higher boost level, if it were incorporated into a factory piece on production vehicles, it would have been spotted sooner.

j/k

Mr E
10-08-2006, 11:32 AM
whats soo bad about anti-lag???????

"Bang-Bang" antilag is incredibly harsh on exhaust manifolds and turbochargers. I know of nobody running a ST205 with it activated.

I don't know if you can use the BOV without the hoses connected. I suspect you could just block them and all would be well.

alltracman78
10-08-2006, 12:59 PM
It is disabled from the factory, correct?
So as far as I know, it wouldn't work unless it has been "abled".

In addition to those 2 hoses being hooked up, it also needs the VSV and vaccum tank actuated on the rear of the engine.
I would assume the actuation of the VSV from the ecu is what is disabled.

Mr E
10-08-2006, 02:31 PM
It's disabled from the factory. I know of nobody who has sucessfull turned it on.

alltracman78
10-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Exactly.
So I'm pretty sure he can run it as is [IE with the hoses attached], as the ECU won't turn it on.

Dan3312
10-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Yeah the only thing I'm thinking about doing with me WRC exhaust mani is maybe putting EGT probes or wide band O2 sensors in the holes for very close monitoring of the engine.... but that will take a while since it wouldn't be all that cheap.... and it's not in the car yet.
Sorry to be off topic there.

supercee
10-09-2006, 07:07 AM
right on..well i'll just plug the 'antilag' lines and see how it works then

GlHlOST
10-09-2006, 05:42 PM
"Bang-Bang" antilag is incredibly harsh on exhaust manifolds and turbochargers. I know of nobody running a ST205 with it activated.

I don't know if you can use the BOV without the hoses connected. I suspect you could just block them and all would be well.
OK but what is it? wat does it do?

ciento44
10-09-2006, 11:40 PM
OK but what is it? wat does it do?

What i believe the "bang bang" system does is that when you lift the throttle, it forced unused fuel through the turbo to keep it spinning and therefor, spooled. Obviously, that's where the bang bang comes in.

It also sounds weird as hell when the beginning phase is starting.... almost like your turbo is vomiting.

It's crude, but it works.

gt4shoak
10-10-2006, 02:51 AM
OFF TOPIC
i have seen some neons srt4 with some kind of exhaust system or something that actually do the bang bang sound,do they come with antilag on some of their factory mopar stages?

ciento44
10-10-2006, 02:59 AM
OFF TOPIC
i have seen some neons srt4 with some kind of exhaust system or something that actually do the bang bang sound,do they come with antilag on some of their factory mopar stages?

No, they do that stock. It's just the wierd layout of the engine, the size, the exhaust and all that good stuff. It's part of why they burble rather than howl.

That's a different kind of "bang bang."

gt4shoak
10-10-2006, 03:01 AM
thanks, its just some cruel nice noise. i would love for my exhaust to sound like that.