PDA

View Full Version : Got some new shoes

MCcelica
10-06-2006, 07:28 AM
for the car. 17 inch Enkei GF-1's.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/Sorth/DSCN0268.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/Sorth/DSCN0269.jpg

Next up on the block is doing something with that hella crazy wheel gap...and a wash couldn't hurt either from the looks of it.

KoreanJoey
10-06-2006, 07:41 AM
For the gap... Ground-controls FTW! and as to the wheels... nice but... a little too busy for me... too many spokes.

'90 CeLicA Aus
10-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Nice wheels mate, how many spokes are they? I'm way too lazy to count :D

MCcelica
10-06-2006, 05:59 PM
15 spokes. They had some 16 and 17 spokes there but they looked terrible because of the reason KJ said. These new ones flow with the body a lot better than my old ones too. Not to mention that everybody and their mother had them.

I'm in the researching stage for the suspension. I still have plenty of time before I pay off my card. I would like the adjustability of coilovers but I haven't seen a coilover kit for 6th gens ever. Of course I haven't been looking real hard till now either. Any other suggestions for suspensions I can look at for a 6th gen?

KoreanJoey
10-06-2006, 06:46 PM
http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=91/CA=18

you lazy bastard.

SuperWhite92
10-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Looks good Seth. Far better than the last set

MCcelica
10-07-2006, 09:25 AM
^Thanks dude. Agreed though. Everybody had those other ones. Made me sick. Even POS's had 'em on there and it made me feel like a cheapass. Ya know, like if the beat to crap cavalier next to me had the same wheels...it was like... eeehhhhhhhh.

KJ, thanks for the link. That might actually be coming sooner than I thought...

Denver_whiteST185
10-08-2006, 05:05 AM
i would get the eibach pro kit (lowered 1" F & R) which are just springs. sure, coilovers give you ajustablity, but to make them perform right, your going to have to get corner balanced every time you mess with them.

I would also get some new struts at the same time, for good measure. KYB Gr-2's are a good oem replacement.

BTW, nice rims. if im ever in the area, ill know what to look for...

MCcelica
10-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I was thinking about getting new struts too. I actually need too. The car is a 94 with 110k miles and some change, all on original suspension components. Yeah, the PO never bothered with any of that which is freaken terrible. Only reason I got wheels and tires first is cause my tires that I had on there were balder than my pops, who is pretty freaken bald.

I've heard a good bit about the kyb gr-2s for struts, and at this point I'm not ruling out the eibach springs, but I need shocks worse. I dunno. I'll prolly wait till I'm more sober to make up my mind on what I want to get for 'er. Gotta pay off some credit card debt too :hehe: Of course I'm open to all suggestions.

'90 CeLicA Aus
10-08-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm thinking about lowering mine a bit aswell, can't really justify it at the moment though :( How much do you think is suitable to lower a 90 model. I don't wann go too low and make it look stupid, just enough to make get rid of that huge gap between tyre and wheel arch.

Denver_whiteST185
10-08-2006, 09:51 PM
if you can, save up and buy both at the same time. that way your only taking apart your suspention once to do replace them...

MCcelica
10-09-2006, 06:50 AM
Yeah, that was the idea. Did one suspension swap with a buddy of mine on a 94 Accord and it was a bitch and a half. Not looking forward to doing mine, but if it comes to doing mine, or paying someone else to do it, I'd do my own a hundred times over.

Denver_whiteST185
10-09-2006, 07:28 AM
hey, when you do it, invite me. im going to change out my suspention pretty soon with some whiteline stuff. your front suspention is almost the same as mine, and the rear is similar, so i can lend a hand and learn at the same time.

KoreanJoey
10-09-2006, 08:35 AM
i would get the eibach pro kit (lowered 1" F & R) which are just springs. sure, coilovers give you ajustablity, but to make them perform right, your going to have to get corner balanced every time you mess with them.

I would also get some new struts at the same time, for good measure. KYB Gr-2's are a good oem replacement.

BTW, nice rims. if im ever in the area, ill know what to look for...

The reason is NOT for the adjustability it's for the spring. Ground control is the only place that you can get a linear rate spring for a reasonable price and you can pick your spring rates. Do you know the spring rate on the Eibach Prolines? Or the Whitelines? Or H & R? That's the big thing for me. I want to know what I'm putting in and with the Ground Controls I can tell them what spring rate I'd like to run. Given they're not as comfortable if you go super high with them but they're far more predictable at the limit.

MCcelica
10-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Adjustability is still a plus though.

SuperWhite92
10-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Once you get it where you want, you won't ever adjust it again. It's still a pain in the ass.

Let me know when you do your suspension, I can help you do it and it won't take very long, since I'm a pro.

And don't tell Ted, he smells funny.

Denver_whiteST185
10-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Let me know when you do your suspension, I can help you do it and it won't take very long, since I'm a pro.

And don't tell Ted, he smells funny.

:loser: shaun, your a looser with a watermellon shooter :D jk

BTW, if you want to do an install day, ive got some suspention parts coming through the mail, so all three of us could get your car taken care of, then take care of my new sway bar.

MCcelica
10-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Even though it might be sooner than I originally thought, it's still going to be a while. I got around $2,400 to pay off on the ole credit card which is the main thing I'm waiting on. I will definatly give you guys a yell when I (start to) get stuff.

Denver_whiteST185
10-11-2006, 05:19 AM
yeah, deffinantly pay that off before you get anything.

KoreanJoey
10-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Ouch... $2400... that's a bit of a kick in the nuts man... ouch...

T-spoon
10-11-2006, 11:18 PM
+1 for the GR2 prokit combo along with suspension techniques sways front and rear. Going on something like four years (40-50k miles) on our 94 with that, and while it's a slightly stiffer ride than some people prefer, I like how it handles for an FF. I've heard some people say the GR2s will wear out too quickly with the lowering springs, but haven't had evidence to support that out of mine yet.

KoreanJoey
10-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Well on stock ride height the GR2s have done remarkably well... I would have thought they'd have died many autoXs before but they've suprised me at that. Too soft for a real performance shock but a definate improvement over toasted 15 year old shocks.

ty_44_69
10-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Nice rims, no fill that gap so you don't look like a hummer.
All I can say is have fun cleaning those rims, and I thought mine were a PITA, with all those grooves.....hope you have some time on your hands.
I also wish people would stop 35's and 40's on their cars. I still have the original 40's on my Celica, but I will never put 40's on again. Too rough, doesn't look that good, and no sidewall flex. Recommend 45's and up, just my opinion though.
Nice rims though :)

Ricksta
10-13-2006, 12:40 AM
too many spokes...

Denver_whiteST185
10-13-2006, 02:37 AM
All I can say is have fun cleaning those rims, and I thought mine were a PITA, with all those grooves.....hope you have some time on your hands.

and along came the power ball...

http://www.mothers.com/products/productcatalog/productpics/05141.jpg

MCcelica
10-13-2006, 04:10 AM
Werd. Gonna get me a powerball soon. I have another project that I'll need one for anyway.