PDA

View Full Version : Any1 Ever Heard Of/seen These?

91GTurbo
10-05-2006, 10:05 PM
I bought these (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150036030718) on eBay for relatively cheap just b/c I was curious about them & for the rarity factor. I dont plan on using them in my celica at all. I've searched the net but can't seem to find any info on them. Any info would be appreciated.

91 celica st
10-05-2006, 10:07 PM
lol is it just me or do jdm things usually not have english writing on them?

91GTurbo
10-05-2006, 10:28 PM
LOL. Thats what I was wondering too. But I have the JDM catalog printed in Sept '89 for the 5th gens, in the catalog all the descriptions and text are written in japanese, but in all the pics, the writing and icons on all the cars are in english. For example, the System 10 badge on the doors are still in english. Plus, I bought some System 10 doors from CelicaBoost (member here) and he made them out of US non-system 10 panels and JDM system 10 door panels, he basically just removed the pocket on his panels and replaced them with the speaker/pocket assembly from the JDM door, and they are in english. So i'm not sure. But I still cant find any info on these speakers

GlHlOST
10-05-2006, 11:27 PM
they look like pretty cool little speakers... I wonder how they sound... very rare, nice find

91GTurbo
10-06-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm curious how they sound too. I might try and hook them up just for that reason, but they probably wont ever be intergrated into the Celica.

GlHlOST
10-06-2006, 12:39 AM
lol... they look like nice little speakers to use on a go-kart or sumthin... I would put them in my golf-cart.

2kSnakEater
10-06-2006, 02:45 AM
Those speakers are NOT Jdm, I had them in my 86 4Door Hatchback corrola. Neat little speakers.

hobbie2k
10-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Those speakers are NOT Jdm, I had them in my 86 4Door Hatchback corrola. Neat little speakers.

Just because they're exactly the same as the USDM ones, doesn't mean they aren't JDM. If they came out of (or were earmarked to be sold for) a Japanese car, then they're JDM.

Blackcloud
10-06-2006, 04:41 AM
if your gonna buy speakers why waste your money on thoes. get good ones dude

91GTurbo
10-06-2006, 06:31 AM
PC If you read the above posts I stated that I bought them for just b/c they were cheap and NOT PUTTING THEM in my car. I actually have all Pioneer Premier mid, highs, and subs in my car. But they're like '99 model stuff, so I'm gonna replace everything with MB Quartz for the front dash and rear. Then I'm putting the Memphis Audio 8" mid range subs in my system 10 door panels, and probably some newer Pioneer premier or JL subs in the trunk.

91GTurbo
10-06-2006, 06:35 AM
Sorry I meant to say I'm getting the Memphis Audio 8" mid range SPEAKERS not subs. They can be seen here (http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/details.asp?id=22)

91GTurbo
10-06-2006, 06:47 AM
LOL Ghost!! If I had a Go-Kart or Golf Kart thats where they'd go. As for now their just sitting on a helf of useless Celica stuff (models, videos, catalogs, ad's, etc). Just a diehard Toyota (specifically Celicas) fan and like to collect stupid sh*t.

Blackcloud
10-06-2006, 06:54 AM
PC If you read the above posts I stated that I bought them for just b/c they were cheap and NOT PUTTING THEM in my car. I actually have all Pioneer Premier mid, highs, and subs in my car. But they're like '99 model stuff, so I'm gonna replace everything with MB Quartz for the front dash and rear. Then I'm putting the Memphis Audio 8" mid range subs in my system 10 door panels, and probably some newer Pioneer premier or JL subs in the trunk.

I did read. Im just lost as to why you bought them

91GTurbo
10-06-2006, 07:07 AM
Just read....I bought them b/c they were cheap, I was curious, and I'd never seen or heard of them. They were only $35 so it was worth it to me. Not like thats much money. Plus, I figure I can always sell'em if I want.

DTW, on a diff note.....Nice pic of ur XD-40 Service Model (i think a 40, it was hard to tell in pic) in profile. I have the XD-40 Service too, but its the all black, not 2-tone. I REALLY wanted the 2tone but since this is my daily carry/concealed, I was worried about it glaring up in daylight. Do u have issues with that? B/C I'm looking at getting the XD-45 Service next month with my bonus check and am thinking of getting the 45 in 2tone.

91GTurbo
10-06-2006, 07:08 AM
LOL....BTW....NOT DTW, SORRY, I'm tired and its late