PDA

View Full Version : I wan't some damn good head!!!

GT4RC
01-19-2005, 04:15 AM
so heres the question. if was to take a cylinder head, port/polish, upgrade valves/springs, new cams, the whole damn works, would i want to use the 3sgte head, the 3sge, or just use the 5sfe i already have? tell me the pros and cons of each.

also take into account this is in preparation for turbo, but not immediately, as fuel and ignition upgrades will come before that.

thanks

Blackcloud
01-19-2005, 04:22 AM
I want some good head too. but yet to find a girl thats all that great at it...

Sean
01-19-2005, 07:23 PM
so heres the question. if was to take a cylinder head, port/polish, upgrade valves/springs, new cams, the whole damn works, would i want to use the 3sgte head, the 3sge, or just use the 5sfe i already have? tell me the pros and cons of each.

also take into account this is in preparation for turbo, but not immediately, as fuel and ignition upgrades will come before that.

thanks

The 3s had already has larger ports, and larger valves. Your looking to increase the volumetric efficiency of your engine in order to prepare it better for a turbo. The more air you can flow through your engine, the better. Use a 3sgte head, and go from there.

I am unsure of differences from a 3sge head, to a 3sgte head, if there is any. The 3sge head might have more lift....

EvilSpeeder
01-19-2005, 07:41 PM
yet to find a girl thats all that great at it...

How many guys do you know that are?

Thread Contribution: Titanium retainers are sex.

Luni
01-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Keep it on topic f00z.

CelicaGT4
01-19-2005, 09:05 PM
So what motor do you have? If I was you I would keep the same head that came on your motor, just up grade it by Port/Polish etc...you will have less problems in the long run and if you upgrade the valves then that will even have less problems. The 3sge head does have better lift but less air flow then the 3sgte head, but is not a significant increase to do a cam swap or anything relative to one.