PDA

View Full Version : Engine Swap

Banhbaobao
09-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Ok since my other thread got locked because of a misunderstanding. I not trying to sell this *yet* i'm trying to find out how much would be a reasonable price for it, and i guess this is the best place to put it??

Copied and pasted:

So.. I have a 92-93 JDM( = supposedly low mi) 3sgte/tranny with a 90-91 harness/ecu. I'm asking for offers, or if you are not interested please give me an idea how much i should be looking for this.

Included/Specs:

Compression is pretty even on all 4 cylinders last time i check. Will check again for numbers if there's interest.

Almost all the gaskets are new as well as most of the maintenence items such as water pump, timing belt, plugs, wires, cap, rotor. HFH, HFHOE

Headgasket was also replaced with a TTE metal HG. No work done to the block or head other than cleaning and checking for straightness.

Has a Fidanza lightweight flywheel which i MIGHT include.
Speed source shifter bushings will be included.
Samco T-hose/Forge bov included.
MMI 3" Downpipe + Motoria midpipe included (Midpipe isnt installed yet: Might even include stock catback also)

Uhm... it hink some sensors off the firewall will be included also.
No fuseboxes and harness.

The bad: It is a JDM motor so no egr. I have both the USDM manifold w/ egr hole and the JDM manifold so take your pick.
Valves need to be adjusted i think.
Either EGR, TB, or intake manifold gasket needs to be replaced as there is a small leak (high pitched whisling sound) when the engine is warmed up. Doesn't seem to affect performance at all though.

Right now if there are offers, the motor is still in the car and if there is interested you can go ahead and test the motor out on the road before you get it.

Uhm... basically i'm trying to sell this as an almost complete swap so... let me know what else should i include int he list or whatnot or if you are intersted or have someone that is interested.

Colossus20v
09-26-2006, 07:06 PM
sell it all for $800.

Banhbaobao
09-26-2006, 08:39 PM
.... Any reasoning to that? I can probably part it out for more than that btw -___-

Cavanagh
09-26-2006, 09:15 PM
i'll buy it right now for 800 bucks.

Colossus20v
09-27-2006, 06:04 AM
My reasoning was for a quick sale.

Add up what you spent so far. Check ebay and other places to see what everything is going for and then determine how much of a loss you are willing to take on it. Then sell it.

Banhbaobao
09-27-2006, 06:12 AM
dododo

Cavanagh
09-27-2006, 10:20 PM
dododo? you'll do 800?

Banhbaobao
09-27-2006, 10:54 PM
lol thats a little low for me, i'm not trying to make a quick sale, just spreadsheeting my future project costs.

Cavanagh
09-27-2006, 11:35 PM
1k?

Murgatroy
09-28-2006, 09:26 AM
When a person can find a clip for $1500 with a little bit of searching, $800 is not that bad of a price.

VikingJZ
09-28-2006, 01:35 PM
I think I saw an MR2 rear clip go for $1,650 on Ebay last week.

Defintiely saw a motor with EXACT mileage for $1,100.

Cavanagh
09-28-2006, 03:25 PM
ya thats what i thought, soo....$850? i gots cash in hand.

Colossus20v
09-28-2006, 04:18 PM
lol thats a little low for me, i'm not trying to make a quick sale, just spreadsheeting my future project costs.
Then why are you asking us what you should sell it for. YOu know what it is going to cost you and therefore then you have to figure out what to sell it for.

If you bought a celica gt for 3k and bought a clip for 2k and installed the engine in the celica and spent 30 hours @ $80. That does not mean the celica is now worth $7400.

So this thread seems pointless and does not make sense.

Banhbaobao
09-28-2006, 08:37 PM
lol nm i remembered why i never post on this board

alltracman78
09-29-2006, 03:38 AM
Because you make rediculous posts?

Banhbaobao
09-29-2006, 10:16 AM
No because people actually try to help me in other forums instead of pointless comments such as "sell it for 800" with no reasoning at all.

If you want to buy a mysterious jdm clip go ahead. But you have to at least give me a reason why my price should be so much lower than a jdm clip.

Sure it does not have body panels (and all the chassis you eventually have to cut and throw away -_-). But i am offering basically a full swap and the chance to test out the motor as well as trying to accurately describe the condition of the motor.

Plus most of the maintenence parts for it have already been done and put in so the buyer won't have to buy and install it. Buying a JDM clip from ebay or other importer, would require you to do all of this.

Yes if i do add up the parts they will cost more than i would get out of it, but at least try to help me estimate the ballpark/fair price of this or starting a discussion of what a fair price would be <--- point of the post BTW... I am asking for HELP to estimate a price when i EVENTUALLY will sell it as it is not for sale yet.

I don't know about you but i think this is a fairly legitimate post/question.

EDIT: To colossol20V: Yes your first 2 post were helpful discussing why you gave me that estimate. But as you said, I would have to check ebay, etc etc to check prices. Unfortunately i do not have the luxury to browse listings after listings and forum after forum to find a listing that offers close to what I am offering.

Cavanagh
09-29-2006, 06:30 PM
^^^They gave you a ballpark estimate....800bucks.^^^now PM me so i can buy it. :)

jaded_driver
09-30-2006, 07:04 PM
No because people actually try to help me in other forums instead of pointless comments such as "sell it for 800" with no reasoning at all.

Lol, I don't know what your deal is man? I've had 54,482 questions and I have always gotten help with them. Just like you did on this post. You got help with what people think it is worth. They said 800-1000. And that is about right it appears. As far as other boards that help and this one doesn't that take it to the other boards. Because if you don't have time to search and figure out how much you are willing to lose (since it is your money) than why do you think that someone else is going to take the time to map out exactly what you have, what you've done and figure out how much it will resale for, when they aren't making the moeny?

Sounds lazy to me.

Cavanagh
09-30-2006, 11:04 PM
^best post of the day^

I will still buy that engine. ;)

Colossus20v
10-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Plus most of the maintenence parts for it have already been done and put in so the buyer won't have to buy and install it. Buying a JDM clip from ebay or other importer, would require you to do all of this.

Yes if i do add up the parts they will cost more than i would get out of it, but at least try to help me estimate the ballpark/fair price of this or starting a discussion of what a fair price would be <--- point of the post BTW... I am asking for HELP to estimate a price when i EVENTUALLY will sell it as it is not for sale yet.

I don't know about you but i think this is a fairly legitimate post/question.

EDIT: To colossol20V: Yes your first 2 post were helpful discussing why you gave me that estimate. But as you said, I would have to check ebay, etc etc to check prices. Unfortunately i do not have the luxury to browse listings after listings and forum after forum to find a listing that offers close to what I am offering.
I do not know how much you spent on parts and what not. If you wanted to make a list of everything and then ask us thats up to you. I gave you an idea because that is what people can get engines for. If I knew what exactly was done to the engine as far as a tune up would be concerned then I would probably investigate it a little bit more. But you said you would have this engine ready for a swap and you asked about a price.

GlHlOST
10-01-2006, 09:10 PM
yea I got my JDM 3sgte clip shipped from Japan for $1250... and that is including shipping from Jap AND getting through customs... I'd say $1,000 is a reasonable price.

Cavanagh
10-03-2006, 12:24 AM
awww, hes not coming back, and i want that clip! :hehe:

BTW GHOST, where did you pick your clip up from? thats a awesome deal.

GlHlOST
10-03-2006, 12:42 AM
I actually bought it on ebay through some Japanese importer... I know when I bought mine there was 1 other 1 listed for I think the same price but Im pretty sure it would be gone by now... I'll check the shipping invoice later if you wanna know the company

Cavanagh
10-03-2006, 05:10 AM
Ya that would be appericated...thanks!