PDA

View Full Version : Importing Celica's

broderp
09-23-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm seriously debating about modding my 95 Celica GT (US model) and if possible importing a J-Spec Vehicle.

I can find no info on this or even if it is legal to do. All you guys who have imported CANT be in the UK!??? Right?? :wtf:

I'd consider any decent ALL-TRAC/GT4 93-2000 and for a decent price. I'm not sure why there would be any issue,, when my MR2's engine blew, I had it replaced with a J-spec engine with 34K on it at a local garage who imports engines. (This was 3-5 years ago, the place is now gone.) They told me smog and other regulations are even stricter in Japan as they are so crowded and all, so it's not unheard of for a car to get a new engine very early on, hence my 34K engine (4AGE).

I'd save a lot of work/expense in modifying the car to buy a turn key. so the extra cost of a full could be a wash.

I'd love to have a 98-99 GT-4.. :hehe:

Cavanagh
09-23-2006, 08:28 PM
=

I'd love to have a 98-99 GT-4.. :hehe:
Wouldn't we all? Hehe anyhow google that shit about importing, i found on there before.

http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm/entering_us/7importingyourcar.htm

That should hopefully help.

TwistedImage92
09-23-2006, 08:30 PM
www.japan-partner.com

broderp
09-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Good info.....I found a Celica, but the picture looks like a 90-93 Alltrac, but the description states it's a 1989 model!

I guess the cars were released earlier in the UK/world than in the US.

Seems like the cars are available for a decent price, but the duties and taxes and SHIPPING will double or tripple the cost!

Anyone here ever do it? How much was the car vs the fees? And is it worth while?

Thanks.!

2kSnakEater
09-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Save $10k-$15k, find somebody who knows what they are doing and will Import an ST205.

Convert ST205 to Left Hand Drive Using Parts from your 95 GT, Including the Dash with the Vin plate.

part out 95 GT

buy Saw Zall

cut the remainder of the 95 GT into many small pieces and scrape off ANY Vin# stickers from all parts of this shell.

Call a metal company and tell then you have a car ready for them to recycle.

Enjoy your new 95 "GT"

is this legal? hell no, but damm If I had an extra $10k-$15 and a 6th Gen I would be all over this!