PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys!

MasterRex
09-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Hrmm.. I suppose this is what happened to ye old forums(Celica.net)... all over here now, eh?

At this point in my life, I am 16. I have a stable job, and I can finally afford to either vamp up my 93' Celica ST (4AGZE+Manual Transmission=<3), a spoiler (Much needed... just look at the picture I will post.) and just maaaaaaaaybe an Alltrac hood.. I can't find one on eBay, as of late.. I was purchasing one at one point, but the deal backfired. The person mis-posted, didn't have the item at all.

The other option, is purchasing my freinds' 2001 Acura Integra GS-R for ~7000$. I don't know if I would be better suited to sell the Celica (which I love..) for the Integra (Which is MUCH faster.. and newer.) .

Opinions? BTW.. I have had a ton of problems with my celica.. powersteering leak, constant break downs, leaky water pump, etc.. I don't think it can continue like this, as I will have replaced everything shortly.

The Car:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/mastarex/MVC-036S.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/mastarex/MyCar.jpg

I've put a decent intake (custom.. but decent.. and I mean 'DIY' by custom.) in it, rims, a new paintjob, and a sound system. Adding my repair bills, I have spent 80% of my income on this damn car. (~6500$) I have had it since February. (Or something like that... check my join date, it was the same day. :lol:) I put $1000 alone in the tires/rims.

I DO want to get a spoiler, however... just looking at the empty space over my trunk makes my stomach churn.

I desire something like this:
(I also want comments/reccomendations, though.)

http://www.andysautosport.com/images/detailed_product/exterior/wings/paintable_wings/matrix_17-535.gif (http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota/1990_1993_celica/exterior/wings/paintable_wings/matrix/matr00060814.html)

I want the wing to be paintable, though. I can't stand the little 'ricer' style aluminum wings.. it agitates me, and I don't want to be confused for a ricer.
(Which means, btw, that I will have the wing properly painted BEFORE it goes on the car.)

Thoughts/Opinions/Comments!

Sorry I was gone soo long... (Got a girlfreind.. consumed my soul. Needless to say, I am here.. so... I've got my soul back... almost sad to say it. :( )

<3
Rex

alltracman78
09-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Well, first off, if you are looking at doing a swap, it will replace most of your problems anyways....

Pwr steering pump, water pump, ect.

If the chassis is clean and rust free, you will have something different.

As for not looking like a ricer, not to be a dick, but that wing will scream it, painted or not......

insomnak8702
09-23-2006, 06:49 PM
slap on a 7th gen celica spoiler...it'll look decent. that's that i have on mines.

2kSnakEater
09-23-2006, 10:18 PM
5th Gen ST > Integra GSR

but for the $7k your buddy wants you could get a nice All-Trac

All-Trac > Honda

MCcelica
09-24-2006, 02:53 AM
/
\ Makes me miss her. If I were you (meaning not wanting to look like a ricer) I'd just get an oem 5th gen wing. There are two styles, the small one with just two posts that go through the deck lid, and the big style that is a 3 piece unit. I love the look of the 3 piece unit on a 5th gen coupe. Wish I had a part number for you, but that car was totalled and all my paperwork is gone. Otherwise I'm with alltracman on the swap.

alltracman78
09-24-2006, 03:26 AM
One other type of spoiler. :)
92/93 GT hatches came with one that molded to the trunk. No "legs".
It looks REALLY good. I'm almost tempted to swap out mine.
But it might look funny on the widebody.

Blackcloud
09-24-2006, 03:54 AM
I see you saw my posts to come over here.. Welcome!

aballz
09-25-2006, 06:19 AM
Too many integras out there. Keep your celica. If you really want an integra buy a 92-93 GS-R. Those things are quick!

TheNefariousOne
09-25-2006, 06:33 AM
Depends on how much work you want to put forth. For the money you're gonna spend swapping + the money you've already spent fixing stuff, you could afford the GS-R. It will be faster even than the swap (with 170 hp vs at best 165 with the latest gen 4agze) with much much more aftermarket support.

Butttttt....if you're looking to do something different and you want to spend the time and money + gain the satisfaction and knowledge associated with DIYing an entire car, stick with the ST.