PDA

View Full Version : Just need a ye bit of help.

Cavanagh
09-22-2006, 04:25 AM
Hey i have noticed this sounds after letting my friend drive it. :squint: that my celica makes this sound as if the tire was flat and hitting the ground. its coming from the back right, only seems to do it the car is not warmed up and when i got over 50 it seems to stop. im sorry i really don't know what else to write. the sound sounds like its a flat...but its not. i have no idea. any help is welcome...thanks.

Murgatroy
09-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Maypop.

You have a busted belt from hitting a pothole or a curb. It is out of round and unbalanced. That is why it does it at low speeds. Look closely at the tire and you will see a bulge in either the sidewall or the tread itself. Get it replaced.

I know that is not what you wanted to hear.

Cavanagh
09-22-2006, 04:55 PM
ya...but thanks for the help...so what if i just get the tire balanaced? will that do the trick? what belt is busted?

2kSnakEater
09-22-2006, 04:58 PM
Duct tape the tire, see the belt broke so you need to make it stronger, so deflate the tire and then wrap up the tread with about 2 or 3 rolls of duct tape, then CAREFULLY clut the main tread sections so you wont hydroplane when it rains. Refill with air then remount tire on to car and have fun!

Murgatroy
09-22-2006, 07:59 PM
ya...but thanks for the help...so what if i just get the tire balanaced? will that do the trick? what belt is busted?
One of the belts in the tire. Inside the tire is a wire mesh called a belt, that is where the tires get thier rigidity from.

No, balancing won't fix it.