PDA

View Full Version : Quick question, is this the Charcoal Canister?

Serpico
09-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Help,

Had a good look around first, but can't quite find info on what this canister is, can anyone help please?

Whilst, trying to examine my Gear Linkages on my Gen5 JDM ST158 (RHD), I spotted this canister hanging off it's bracket, damn hard to get back on too, you can see it's not slid in properly, I gave up, for now...

Can anyone tell me what it is (Circled in Yellow), I'm guessing it's the Charcoal Canister, but can't be sure...?

Also is the Orange circled thing the Fuel Filter?

Just for my future reference, so I know what I'm playing with...

Thanks

Frank...

MrWOT
09-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Yes, that is the charcoal canister, and yes, judging from the nut on top that is the fuel filter.

Serpico
09-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Thanks man, that's what I thought...
N1...
Frank.

extremeskillz
09-20-2006, 07:18 PM
And while your at it check the fuel filter to see if its dirty. Replace if needed, same with the charcoal canister. This will save you in future maintenance issues you come across.

Serpico
09-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Yeh, cheers,

Read quite a few reports on reasons for replacing, will doo., I should imagine they're cheap, do people go for aftermarket Canisters, or OEM Toyota..?

Actually, same question for the Fuel Filter too, OEM or aftermarket?

Having new Clutch soon, so was looking for other jobs to do at same time...
Also doing Gear Linkage Bushes, and whatever else is get-at-able when it's done...

Cheers,

Frank.

extremeskillz
09-20-2006, 07:53 PM
if you want to keep the car original, engin wise, go OEM. This will take the guessing out of replace parts. I don't know of any aftermarket expect autocraps replacment fuel filters. Same with the canister

Serpico
09-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Had lots of mods, do a lot myself, so no too bothered about OEM in that repsect...

Cheers though, I'll look into it, can't cost much, defo worth doing, especially seen as the canister is hanging off, should imagine if it wasn't might be a pain to get off...

Ta.

Frank...

extremeskillz
09-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Had lots of mods, do a lot myself, so no too bothered about OEM in that repsect...

Cheers though, I'll look into it, can't cost much, defo worth doing, especially seen as the canister is hanging off, should imagine if it wasn't might be a pain to get off...

Ta.

Frank...

Yea then go with you local parts store replacement goodies. i use OEM parts for my engine just to keep it as orginal as possible. good luck man and yes early maintenace is key because u don't want shit happening later down the road.

Serpico
09-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Indeed.

Cheers dude, thanks for help, you too Mr Wot...

Frank...