PDA

View Full Version : where to find vin numbers ASAP i

Vestside
09-10-2006, 10:45 PM
i think i bought a stolen car off some guy, i feel so stupid 2 months down the road and i only realize now that the vin number under the window is missing. so i check the vin number on the ownership with a police site and it seems fine. but when i poped the hood the engine bay wall has only i think 8 or 9 numbers instead of 17 and the first 4 numbers are diffrent but the last 5 numbers are the same on the owenership

i think the ones on the engine bay say A0S7060065 and the last ones on the onwership say L0M0060065

so im confused why isnt there all 17 characters under the hood and some numbers are diffrent

is there anywhere else on the car where i can find the FULL vin number ?
theres nothing when u open the doors (1991 celica )

Luis C
09-11-2006, 01:33 AM
My former GT-S had the VIN numbers engraved on ALL the windows and on stickers on all body parts (fenders, doors, rear hatch, hood etc)

alltracman78
09-11-2006, 01:53 AM
Yep.
Check the hood, doors, rear hatch/trunk for small white stickers that have the VIN.
They might have been removed also though...
The engine block will have the car specific numbers. Each chassis has it's own numbers at the end of the VIN. It's the production number. The engine serial # is the same. It's on a plate at the front of the engine, by the oil pan, by the trans.