PDA

View Full Version : finally got a wideband (zetronix ZT-2)

presure2
09-10-2006, 12:41 AM
so yea, over a year later..i finally broke down and bought a wideband. lol
i figured it'd be nice to actually tune the car off boost...lmao rather than just adjusting things by feel..lol

i knew i wanted somthing that had datalogging capabilitys, so i started looking around at some of the units out there...
since i did not need a display, (ill be using a laptop for display and datalogging) i ended up getting the Zetronix unit, because it includes datalogging capabilitys, with A/F, RPM, TPS, (all included with no extras to buy) and can also log EGTs (it comes with a pigtail to make an extension if you already have one, or you can buy the probe from them) and boost.
the sensor range is 9.5:1 - 21:1
it does have an optional display,so that you can have a standalone display setup, if thats what you want/need.
heres a pic of everything you get when you order the unit.
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/5/wideband.jpg

i forgot to hook up the TPS wire, but here is a shot of the display on my laptop @ idle
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/5/widebandatidle_183425.JPG
ill post a few more later after the wifey and i go for a ride and do some logging. :popcorn:

nuclearhappines
09-10-2006, 10:03 AM
what does lagos want from you over AIM?

MrWOT
09-10-2006, 10:48 AM
I take it that was a cold startup idle? Otherwise I'd say you definetly have some work to do ;)

presure2
09-10-2006, 12:49 PM
lol nuke...we were actually talkin bout the wideband..lol
MR WOT..yea..thats a "cold" start (its not really "cold" here yet..lol)
but yea...that was kinda why i bought the wideband...i've never tuned the car @ anything other than WOT.
went for a ride last night an did a bit more logging...
this thing really shows why the SAFCII is really not an effective tool for tuning.
A/F is so much more load based then rpm based.
i can adjust the RPM points all day...but that dont change the fact that i need more fuel @ 3000rpm and 50% throttle, than i do @ 3000rpm and 15% throttle.
suprizingly, the little bit of off boost tuning i did do by feel was pretty decent, considering i had no way of actually knowing what the A/F ratio was..
i can make some minor changes to the way the hi and low throttle maps kick in and whatnot, but i really need to get rid of this damn SAFC..
now i REALLY know why all the REAL 3sgte tuners ( no shoes, john reed, rickyb ect) wont even touch a car equipped with a SAFC or the like.

alltracman78
09-10-2006, 02:12 PM
A/F is so much more load based then rpm based.
i can adjust the RPM points all day...but that dont change the fact that i need more fuel @ 3000rpm and 50% throttle, than i do @ 3000rpm and 15% throttle.

Shit, I could have told you that with my cheapo Auto Meter A:F gauge... :P

Lagos
09-10-2006, 07:35 PM
ive been looking at getting a wideband also, just to see whats going on with the car at all times. the one manny got seems awesome with all the dataloging ability built it, but i just wish it came with a basic gauge for in car monitoring.

i also looked at the AEM. probably the least expensive of all the wide bands (240ish on ebay), but it can only read 11.0-17.0 AF.

any recomendations for something cheap and under 300bucks?

RedPhoenix
09-10-2006, 07:45 PM
i had the aem, it was nice cause i could datalog and use it with my emanage

Lagos
09-10-2006, 10:27 PM
do you remember what model it was?

RedPhoenix
09-11-2006, 02:47 AM
the 6 in 1 one thats all over ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-6-in-1-Gauge-Type-Wideband-UEGO-Controller-30-4100_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ46100QQihZ016QQite mZ260030074679QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

hows the tuning going pressure?