PDA

View Full Version : putting the antenna back togather...

zmile06
09-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Ok so i noticed a hole where my power antenna SHOULD BE. It some how just fell thru because it probable swong around enough to unscrew itself.

My problem is i have like 5 difrent parts and no idea how its supose to go on. Can someone PLEASE take a picture of the setup the way its supose to be OUTSIDE OF THE CAR. Just take the antenna out and put it back on like you would if it was on the car...

I would really apreciate it, i hate driving around with a hole in my car it looks tacky:-/

this is a 93 toyota celica ST Yes its a power antenna...

Slider
09-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Here's a pic of what it's supposed to look like

http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/4066/antennaxp0.jpg

zmile06
09-07-2006, 09:02 PM
See i have a 3 piece wing kit... And i have a metal braket and a metal cone piece, those are the 2 pieces i have no idea what to do with...

T-spoon
09-08-2006, 11:37 PM
There should not be any extra hardware for an ST, even with the spoiler. Above the quarter panel there is the ornament which fits the curve of the car and the nut that screws onto the top of the antenna assembly to hold it. The other pieces are probably supposed to be attached to the top of the antenna assembly. Rather than someone take their antenna apart to post a pic for you, it'd be easier for you to lay out the parts and post a pic of them. We can probably tell you better where the stuff goes from that.

MCcelica
09-09-2006, 12:04 AM
It shouldn't make a difference with the 3 piece wing kit. Instead of the whole assembley popping out as shown on sliders pic, the side of the wing kit makes it look recessed into the wing. So if you were to take the side of the wing kit off it would look exactly like the one in sliders pic.

david in germany
09-09-2006, 07:28 PM
It should look just like the picture above. The spoiler only has a small rubber piece that goes over it mounted on a piece of metal (under the spoiler)
David

david in germany
09-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Viola
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/7/8/P1010737.JPG

MCcelica
09-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Halleluja.

alltracman78
09-10-2006, 02:05 PM
There should not be any extra hardware for an ST, even with the spoiler. Above the quarter panel there is the ornament which fits the curve of the car and the nut that screws onto the top of the antenna assembly to hold it. The other pieces are probably supposed to be attached to the top of the antenna assembly. Rather than someone take their antenna apart to post a pic for you, it'd be easier for you to lay out the parts and post a pic of them. We can probably tell you better where the stuff goes from that.