PDA

View Full Version : mirror glass ....

2003cbgts
09-05-2006, 03:03 AM
i need a new glass for my passenger side mirror... i have the power mirrors on my 92gt.. anyone know if i can just replace the mirror or do i have to buy the whole damn thing?

alltracman78
09-05-2006, 03:10 AM
I'm pretty sure you can only buy the whole thing....
The glass MIGHT be available separate.
Why don't you call the dealer and ask?

aballz
09-05-2006, 03:40 AM
It is possible to just buy a precut mirror with adhesive on the back to stick on.

aballz
09-05-2006, 03:49 AM
Check out www.partstrain.com

vtcelica
09-05-2006, 04:00 AM
go to a junk yard u should be able to replace it, i don't see y u shouldn't be able to, if urs is already broke the take the glass out to find out where the clips r that hold in place, it should be pretty strait forward, hope i could help.

Donald

T-spoon
09-05-2006, 06:35 PM
I'm pretty sure you can only buy the whole thing....
The glass MIGHT be available separate.
Why don't you call the dealer and ask?

Because the dealer is out to get you! OooOOooooOOo *insert scary noises*

Seriously though. Yes, the glass can be obtain by itself. However, there are some somewhat delicate plastic pieces inside the mirror that are part of what moves it. If any of that is damaged or missing, you won't be able to have a functioning mirror if you just stick a piece of glass on. If it's undamaged aside from the glass itself, then yes you can get it alone, if it's damaged, then you need the whole mirror.

aballz
09-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Why does this happen so commonly? This has got to be the third thread since i've joined the forum about needing to buy the mirror glass. When i first looked for a celica, this green GT i was looking at was also missing the passenger-side mirror glass. *sigh* if i purchased that one, it would've had an operation AC and the odometer only clocked in at 93xxx.