PDA

View Full Version : It Lives!

kmorrow
09-04-2006, 05:54 AM
I finally got her all put together and running! 1988 Alltrac - next comes the body. I have to share this funny story:

I fired it up tonight after going to a barbecue - having worked on it all day. So I get the kids to bed, and fire it up. This thing smoked like a forest fire. Between the Sea Foam, cleaning of the intake manifold, not running for 2 years,,etc..etc...etc... This baby was full of junk. So I'm sitting in this ever thickening nasty cloud of smoke, and I figure that I must have something - maybe connected wrong. Well I get out of the car and look at the street - the smoke is so thick - I can't see the other side aside from porch lights! Then I see this car get to my corner going reaalllyyy slow. I'm like - o crap - 5-0 or something. Nope - this gal stops - turns around and pulls up into my stench - and asks if everything is o.k! I just laugh and say Yup - just a little carbon!

I took it around the block twice - and I think everything has cleared out on it. Will check more in the morning. This was the first time driving her - and it was the funest 10 blocks in a long time!!

I'll shoot you some picks tomorrow!

sloceli
09-04-2006, 07:33 AM
Congrats man. Getting a car running is a very good feeling

alltracman78
09-04-2006, 06:29 PM
AWESOME man.
Always good to hear about one being revived instead of wrecked.....

:)

wizzards581
09-04-2006, 09:19 PM
good to hear. lets c pics...

aballz
09-05-2006, 02:10 AM
Having a chick ask you if everything is ok is a good feeling as well.

BEAMS
09-05-2006, 02:10 AM
:bigthumbu

Mister2T
09-05-2006, 02:23 AM
congrats