PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Issue, need some help.

Cavanagh
09-04-2006, 12:24 AM
Hey so i gotta question about a ticket i recived today. So i got pulled over for speeding, but once i got my ticket, my cousin told me that she thought if you don't sign the ticket there, its void. I signed nothing, he just gave me the ticket then walked away. I know in some states its like that, but im wondering about IL? Thanks. (P.s.- i would ask my uncle whose a lawyer, but he'll bitch at me for speeding) :hehe:

Fuelish
09-04-2006, 01:43 AM
Hey so i gotta question about a ticket i recived today. So i got pulled over for speeding, but once i got my ticket, my cousin told me that she thought if you don't sign the ticket there, its void. I signed nothing, he just gave me the ticket then walked away. I know in some states its like that, but im wondering about IL? Thanks. (P.s.- i would ask my uncle whose a lawyer, but he'll bitch at me for speeding) :hehe: Dunno specifics of IL traffic law, but......I'd be willing to bet that if your sig was "required," then the nice police officer would've requested you indeed sign it on the spot.
Sorry to hear about the ticket, and all......if you can get the time off of work, go to court - often times (at least in a lot of places) either the officer won't show up, or you can sort of plead guilty but just end up paying a fine and not get points (as my wife did....it cost us the ticket $$$, but no points on record and insurance co never knew :cool: ). Wishin' ya the best of luck !!!!

aballz
09-04-2006, 02:45 AM
I agree with Fuelish. If the signature was required, i'm more than sure the officer would've made you sign the ticket. Check out this thread, lots of information here.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18099

angryyoungnpoor
09-04-2006, 04:01 AM
You youngn's always try to get outta tickets due to law reasons. No it's not required. The only way you're gonna get out of it is if he doesn't show up. Get a lawyer. Don't pay it.

1990CelicaGT-S
09-04-2006, 04:18 AM
I waited until the last minute to pay one of my tickets. Well it was acctually because I couldn't afford the drive. Once I acctually got there though, the ticket was voided because the guy wrote it wrong. The catch is, it only voided the day before. I lucked out on that one.

5SFE
09-05-2006, 04:19 PM
I got out of four tickets, 20-25mph+, Failure to Maintain Lane, Improper Passing, and No Insurance all because I showed up to court and the officer didn't. The judge was fn pissed at me as he read them off, but without the officer there, theres no proof. :wiggle:

Cavanagh
09-05-2006, 09:57 PM
i Might go, but ugh, its in pittsfield, about an 1 hour away. Might as well, its worth it.