PDA

View Full Version : TWM shift knob NTIS technology?

primeplaya7
09-02-2006, 02:32 AM
I have a TWM short shifter for my 1990-1993 toyota celica and i was wondering about the TWM shift knob for the celica. I understand everything about the NITS technology but i was just wondering if anyone has ever used this technology to thread on their shifters. The only thing that worries me about the self threading system is that it won't fully tighten up and if it does fully tighten up will it work its way loose eventually?

Hookecho
09-02-2006, 03:19 AM
shifter threading technology is way over my head.........i think i'll stick with super glue and duct tape technology.

primeplaya7
09-02-2006, 06:36 AM
please help! need knew shift knob to make short shifter feel even more amazing.

Denver_whiteST185
09-02-2006, 07:50 AM
If you want to tighten up your shifter, get the two bushing kits that speedsource offers. I have bad syncros and it made shifting so much easier and precise. Best $54 spent on my car so far. Plus they have really good customer suport.

If your worried about your knob being a little loose, then get some threadlock and apply it to both the inside of the knob and the threads on the shifter

Murgatroy
09-02-2006, 04:13 PM
If you want to tighten up your shifter, get the two bushing kits that speedsource offers. I have bad syncros and it made shifting so much easier and precise. Best $54 spent on my car so far. Plus they have really good customer suport.

If your worried about your knob being a little loose, then get some threadlock and apply it to both the inside of the knob and the threads on the shifter
He is talking about a loose shift knob...

primeplaya7
09-02-2006, 05:50 PM
The TWM shift knobs apparently have an insert that threads into the shift knob. That insert is hollow. After threading the insert into the shift knob you then turn the knob clockwise onto the shaft of the shifter and "make" your own threads by using the threads of the shifter to cut into that nylon insert. The question that still remains is, how tight could u possibly make something that you threaded yourself? To me it seems with doing this it is possible that it may tighten up to a certain point but to get it as tight as our stock shift knobs you might strip out the nylon insert? I think I read on a camaro forum about the knobs and kevin from TWM said they can almost garuntee the nylon is built very well and will not be damaged, but if it is damaged they said they, have started making replacement nylon inserts. I trust the company and love the Short shifter i have for my celica, But as always i trust first hand experience by other celica tech memebrs a little more.

Colossus20v
09-03-2006, 12:41 AM
I trust TWM very much. Im sure if this is the same process everyone else has done then it should be tight enough and remain tight enough for you. If not, their customer service is great and they will take care of it.