PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Wells

extremeskillz
09-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Guys, i have a problem. Well, i was working on my driver side wheel well installing the new suspension, brakes, brake lines, etc. Everyone knows that the driver side wheel well is nortorious for rust and the outer lip of the wheel well has surface rust but thats not the problem. The wheel well has undercoat in there and i saw dry rust on the surface of the undercoat indicating that water touched rust in order for it to be dried on the surface like that. i go and put my finger to it and i here crumbling but didn't collapse. The metal felt kind of soft too. so i took a grider to it and i saw shinny metal but i found soft spots. So stuck a metal screw driver through it and its rotted out.

Its just a samll section of the wheel well and i haven't checked the rocker yet so im assuming the the same.

My question is, should i just have body shop do my body work?

Or is this a easy fix?

Does anyone know where, besides a body shop, can i find replace body panels? like a quarter section skin and so on.

extremeskillz
09-01-2006, 04:38 PM
anyone?

angryyoungnpoor
09-01-2006, 05:19 PM
The fix would be to remove all the rust and put sheet metal over the area. Weld the piece on and the sand it smooth. use bondo if necessary, then paint. Or... go to the junk yard and get a new one. :)

extremeskillz
09-01-2006, 05:46 PM
thanks