PDA

View Full Version : Auto -> Manual swap = DONE!

TheNefariousOne
09-01-2006, 04:27 AM
Started the car up and drove it today...no problems at all. :) Transmissions shifts cleanly, clutch is good, et cetera et cetera et cetera. All I still need to do is pick up a manual starter from the junkyard and put the car back together.

WOOHOO! I'm actually kinda proud of myself for going through with it and getting it all right the first time. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. :laugh:

Up next: manual -> power window/lock conversion

andy
09-01-2006, 04:36 AM
NICE!!!! enjoy the fruits of manual transmission.

TheNefariousOne
09-01-2006, 04:45 AM
Still not perfect at it, but getting better :) Gotta drive in rush hour traffic tomorrow *gulp* We'll see how that goes. Feels like second nature (almost) now to shift.

Hookecho
09-01-2006, 04:47 AM
cool!

andy
09-01-2006, 06:20 PM
give it a month and you wont even have to think about it. Now try doin that while on the phone and having no cup holders. SKILLZ

TheNefariousOne
09-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Yea, I don't even have any idea how to do the phone thing while driving stick haha. I'm guessing you just have to keep switching hands to steer/shift...?

Cavanagh
09-01-2006, 11:49 PM
hold it with ur ear and shoulder....but sweet! keep the manual windows, lighter....then the auto stuff. Just MO

TheNefariousOne
09-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Eh, like I said in the current thread about the manual -> auto window swap, the actual motors and such are probably only a grand total of ~10 lbs. i.e. practically nothing in the grand scheme of things.

primeplaya7
09-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Like andy said above, driving manual while on the phone and holding a pop from mcd's is what seprates the noobies from the pros. With that said I have a phone call to make on my way to work and i have to stop some place to get something to drink.