PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gen 3SGTE with CS Hood?

T1M
08-30-2006, 02:26 AM
Will a 2nd Gen 3SGTE w/ TMIC work with a CS Hood? I'm planning on getting the Seibon Carbon Fiber CS Hood now and performing the swap this time next year. Will it work, or am I just pissing money for the hood away? I'm assuming the air ducts will not allow air to pass through the IC because of it being more of a vent rather than a scoop (like the alltrac). Curious to see if anyone knows how it will turn out. Thanks!

KoreanJoey
08-30-2006, 02:31 AM
Well it depends... are you going to run an A2A or a W2A intercooler? The A2A uses the scoop from the AT hood to run air over the intercooler (that's how it fuctions) but the W2A doesn't require airflow and uses the CS/RC hood to allow heat to vent from the hood to try and reduce heat soak. I've seen people running the A2A w/ the CS hood and vic versa and they never complained about it one way or the other but I'd probably stick with the hood the the intercooler is meant for.

RIalltrac
08-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Its not advised to run the car hard with the cs hood and the ATA stock topmount. You can drive the car, problem is your going to heat soak like a mother and the car is going to retard timing on you. Any particular reason your going with the siebon hood? I've seen some pics of thier hoods and none of them are really all that good. They fit, but the dimensions of the vent and what not arent really to toyota spec.

T1M
08-30-2006, 08:11 PM
I don't really know of any other hood manufacturer that makes a carbon fiber hood for the celica. I did heard the dimensions were off, but I haven't heard any complaints. I'm getting the one off ebay for $658 Shipped, unless someone can show me otherwise where I can pick one up. I do want it to look nice and be functional!

Sean
08-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Well, the answer is it will not work with a 2nd gen 3s Top Mount. Your going to either have to buy a different hood, or setup a different intercooler.

Cavanagh
08-30-2006, 09:51 PM
Go front mount.....It will not heak soak and preform better. And you will be able to rock the hood you want too.

T1M
09-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Any ideas of where I can get a CS Hood outside of Seibon?

alltracman78
09-02-2006, 01:34 AM
Find someone with a 6th gen that bought a RC clip...
That's what I did.
Or buy your own clip.

T1M
09-02-2006, 02:48 AM
The hood on your car is carbon fiber, or just black?

Denver_whiteST185
09-02-2006, 07:34 AM
Speed toys is the best way to get a genuine RC hood. heres a link. Alot of people have gone through them, including one of the alltrac guys that i know in denver. Plus, they have ways to get the peices the go in the vents.

http://www.speedtoys.biz/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=26_27_266