PDA

View Full Version : Brake changing

Azzazzyn
08-25-2006, 04:08 PM
how difficult is it to replace brake pads? If i can, i wanna do it myself to save the money, what all is involved in changing them?

Adrian Avgerinos
08-25-2006, 05:23 PM
It goes something like this:

*Lift and support car
*Remove wheel
*Unbolt caliper
*Remove old pads
*Install new pads
*Re-install Caliper
*Bolt on wheel
*Lower car

I suggest picking up a repair manual for your car if you need more guidance. That will help more than anything else.

extremeskillz
08-25-2006, 05:55 PM
It goes something like this:

*Lift and support car
*Remove wheel
*Unbolt caliper
*Remove old pads
*Install new pads
*Re-install Caliper
*Bolt on wheel
*Lower car

I suggest picking up a repair manual for your car if you need more guidance. That will help more than anything else.

:stupid:

angryyoungnpoor
08-25-2006, 08:32 PM
quite easy. The caliper can tend to be a pain in the ass and not let you put the brake pads on the rotor.

2kSnakEater
08-25-2006, 10:38 PM
thats why you buy a C-clamp and push the piston back into the caliper. Also for the love of god have your rotor turned.

wizzards581
08-28-2006, 12:26 AM
thats why you buy a C-clamp and push the piston back into the caliper. Also for the love of god have your rotor turned.

yes this part is in the middle in the quick write up as stated above. unless your replacing new pads for new pads then i dont think you will need to push back piston caliper.

Slider
08-28-2006, 04:24 AM
If you can do an oil change you can change your brakes. Pick up a Hayne's if you have doubts or google up some articles. Oh yeah and get a C-Clamp