PDA

View Full Version : Hail Damage Sucks...

hobbie2k
08-25-2006, 05:00 AM
So I was at work today and it was storming pretty hard pretty much all day. Then I started hearing a loud pounding on the roof. Great...hail... So me and about 10 Home Depot employees are hanging out at the entrance watching our cars being pummelled by golfball size hail (apparently the same storm was throwing grapefruit size hail a little further south from us)...

So when things calmed down we pretty much all went out to check our cars. There were some smashed windshields and other glass...and everyone had dings and dents in their roofs and hoods...

Oh well...guess it's off to get a quote tomorrow. Maybe I'll just live with the dents and use the money to pay off a credit card...or maybe to get a Camry wagon for a 3sgte swap...whatever.

Slider
08-25-2006, 06:43 AM
I hear ya, I got a few the first time it hailed a couple years back, then the second time I got around 20.

Cavanagh
08-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Golf ball and grapefruit sizes!? Damn that would hurt. Anyhow i like the camrywagon/3s Idea. That would be a cool project, and a deffinate sleeper.

hobbie2k
09-01-2006, 07:19 AM
Well...my initial quote to repair the hail damage...$4200

New hood, new front fenders, new tailgate panels, lots of dent repairs and new paint for the roof, dents to be pulled out of pretty much every panel on the car. On the plus side, it'll be a good opportunity to replace the ugly front fascia with the more stylish facelifted version.

I spent about an hour today marking every dent (I could find) with painter's tape. It would have been easier to mark the spots without dents. I'd have pictures if the airline hadn't lost all my wife's luggage (including our camera).