PDA

View Full Version : New Camaro Info!!!

2kSnakEater
08-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Thinking about buying a new Camaro? here are some prices:

Base V6 Camaro
MSRP* $ 21,750.00 (base price) to $ 36,620.00 (fully optioned)

Standard Options:
Active Handling System: improves traction and enhances vehicle stability
Brakes: four-wheel antilock disc standard
Engine: 240 hp 3.9L 3900 V6
Tires: front and rear, P235/40-17,
Wheels: 17- x 8.5-inch front and rear, five-spoke, silver-painted, aluminum
Six-speed manual transmission
Air conditioning
Power windows
Remote Keyless Entry
Cruise control
Cloth bucket seats
CD player

Optional Base V6:
PREMIUM PACKAGE- includes dual-zone air conditioning, automatic power Leather seating with heated 6-way power driver seat and front passenger and Head-Up Display with on-board computer (MPG, outside temp, compass etc.) $1515
LIMITED SLIP REAR DIFFERENTIAL $195
Automatic Transmission $850
XM Satellite Radio $325
OnStar $695
Leather seating with 6-way power driver seat $1015
Bose Monsoon Premium sound system with in-dash 6 CD changer and MP3 connection $600
Wheels: 17- x 8.5-inch front and rear, five-spoke, polished, aluminum $600
Convertible $4000
Power Sunroof $2000
Floor mats: carpeted $75
RALLY SPORT PACKAGE- 310hp HF V6 with DOD, dual exhaust, 17" aluminum polished wheels with P245/40-17 tires, RS badges, fog lamps, body-color grille inserts, front and rear fascia extensions $3000

Super Sport Camaro (SS)
MSRP* $ 28,145.00 (base price) to $ 41,745.00 (fully optioned)

Engine: 420 hp 6.0L 6000 V8 LS3 with DOD
Duel exhaust
Tires: front and rear, P245/40ZR-18,
Wheels: 18- x 8.5-inch front and rear, five-spoke, silver-painted, aluminum
Air conditioning
Power windows
Remote Keyless Entry
Cruise control
Cloth bucket seats
CD player
Fog lamps
SS grille
SS hood with scoop
SS front and rear fascia
SS Spoiler
LIMITED SLIP REAR DIFFERENTIAL
Floor mats: carpeted

Optional SS:
PREMIUM PACKAGE- includes dual-zone air conditioning, automatic power Leather seating with heated 6-way power driver seat and front passenger and Head-Up Display with on-board computer (MPG, outside temp, compass etc.) $1515
PERFORMANCE PACKAGE- performance handling suspension with stiffer springs, stabilizer bars, performance axle ratio, chrome tail pipes $2000
Automatic Transmission $850
XM Satellite Radio $325
OnStar $695
Bose Monsoon Premium sound system with in-dash 6 CD changer and MP3 connection $600
Wheels: 18- x 8.5-inch front and rear, five-spoke, polished, aluminum $600
Convertible $4000
Power Sunroof $2000

Z28 Camaro (Limited Production)
MSRP* $ 39,250.00 (base price) to $ 44,985.00 (fully optioned)

Performance large cross drilled rotors
performance handling suspension with stiffer springs, stabilizer bars, performance axle ratio
Engine: 525 hp Supercharged 6.0L 6000 V8 LS9
Special Z28 exhaust outlets, polished, four-inch stainless-steel tips
Tires: front, P275/40ZR-19,
Tires: rear, P295/40ZR-19,
Wheels: 18- x 9.5-inch front and rear, five-spoke, silver-painted, aluminum
Air conditioning
Power windows
Remote Keyless Entry
Cruise control
Cloth bucket seats
CD player
Fog lamps
Z28 grille
Z28 hood with scoop
Z28 front and rear fascia
Z28 Spoiler
LIMITED SLIP REAR DIFFERENTIAL
Floor mats: carpeted

Optional Z28:
XM Satellite Radio $325
OnStar $695
Wheels: 19- x 9.5-inch front and rear, five-spoke, polished, aluminum $600
Power Sunroof $2000

surfergravity
08-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Production in 2009?

extremeskillz
08-24-2006, 04:56 PM
cool.. before SS had more options than z28

Playfortoday
08-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Pics?

2kSnakEater
08-24-2006, 05:02 PM
yeah but you got think, the first gen (67-69) the Z28 was top dog and the SS was a sport/apearance package

2kSnakEater
08-24-2006, 05:05 PM
http://auto-presse.de/newssys/galerie/11417/11417_1.jpg

TEAMFaint
08-24-2006, 06:47 PM
ugggglllyyy.

The only new oldschool car that I would ever consider buying is going to be the Dodge Challenger. Here's a pic:

http://news.caradisiac.com/IMG/jpg/Dodge-Challenger-Concept-12.jpg

It's the only new oldschool car that acually LOOKS like an oldschool car. 2 doors, and doesn't look like a damn spaceship.

Challenger = sexxxy
Camaro = butt ugly

85gtsblackman
08-24-2006, 07:02 PM
new mustang resembles the old ones

bloodredgt
08-24-2006, 07:45 PM
That's retarded. How would they forsake the SS to a lower trim to the Z28. It was always SS being the flagship sports trim. Those are some big horsepower numbers, but I wonder how heavy these things are gonna be.

I'm betting you might be able to squeeze 325s in the rear for the Z28 on an aftermarket wheel.

Playfortoday
08-24-2006, 08:06 PM
The Yenko addition was the god of all 60's Camaros. A real production version car since Yenko did use chevy's assembly line to install the motors.

The Z/28 was coolest trim you could get from the factory in '67. Although the engine was a small block, it dyno incredibly high due to T/A racing. The rarest and best looking 67 Camaro would be the Z/28 RS.

Sharing some mechanicals with the upcoming 1968 Chevrolet Nova, the Camaro featured a unibody structure, combined with a sub-frame supporting the front end. Chevrolet offered the car in only two body styles, a coupe and convertible. Almost 80 factory and 40 dealer options including three main packages were available.

The RS included many cosmetic changes such as RS badging, hidden headlights, revised taillights, and exterior rocker trim.

The SS included a modified 5.7L (350) V8 engine (first engine of that size by Chevrolet), and the L35 396(6.5L) big-block V8 was also available. The SS featured non-functional air inlets on the hood, special striping and SS badging on the grille, gas cap, and horn button. It was possible to order both the SS and RS to receive a Camaro SS/RS. In 1967, a Camaro SS/RSS convertible with a 396(6.5L) engine paced the Indianapolis 500 race.

The 'Z/28' option code was introduced in December 1966 for the 1967 model year. This option package wasn't mentioned in any sales literature, so it was unknown to most buyers. The only way to order the Z/28 was to order a base Camaro with the Z28 option, front disc brakes, power steering and a Muncie 4-speed manual transmission. The Z/28 featured a unique 302(4.9L) small-block engine, designed specifically to race in the Trans Am racing series (which required engines smaller than 305(5.0L) and public availability of the car. Advertised power of this engine was listed at 290hp (216kW) while actual dynometer readings rated it at 360 to 400hp (269 to 298kW). The Z/28 also came with upgraded suspension and racing stripes on the hood. It was possible to combine the Z/28 package with the RS package. Only 602 Z/28s were sold in 1967. Contrary to popular belief, 1967 Z/28s did not have raised cowl induction hoods like 1969 Z/28s did. In 1967, the 1967 Z28 received air from a cowl plenum duct attached to the side of the air cleaner that ran to the firewall and got air from the cowl vents. The hood was a standard flat hood. 1967 Z/28s had 15 in. Rally wheels, while all other 1967 Camaros had 14 in. wheels. The Z/28 could be combined with the RS appearance package.

VikingJZ
08-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Challenger wins!

I read a recent Motor Trend article that says if GM doesn't get the next batch of pick-ups right...they're done for. Plus, GM makes shitty cars. We've had nothing but problems with any we've owned. And....they're known for low build quality (i.e. cheap ass interiors).

Just a cheap ass vehicle in general.

Murgatroy
08-24-2006, 08:22 PM
The COPO had potential to be the god of all Camaros in the 1rst Gen trim.

Contrary to Populare belief, the COPO was just a stock car that you could order in any way for or fashion you wanted. COPO stood for Central Office Production Order. It was the only way (outside of a swap) that you could get a 454 in your 1rst gen.

There were also the specialty Camaros, like Berger, Yenko and countless others who would put custom packages on the brand new cars. One of the more notorious is slipping my mind, but it was always bright yellow with a black stripe package.

As far as looks are concerned I always preffered the early 2nd gens with the split bumper and the small back windows (hella blindspots though.)

I have owned over a dozen F-Bodies. Including my `75 Camaro that clocked a fasted et of 10.91 in the 1/4. And `75 was the heaviest of the 2nd gens.

I like the new Camaro, I like the new Mustang, but I really love the Challenger. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Mopar. My first love was a `67 New Yorker with a 440. When it first pulled in the driveway when I was a wee lad, I thought to myself 'My, what an ugly ass car.' 20 years later. It is still in the driveway. :D

extremeskillz
08-24-2006, 08:44 PM
I like the challeger too.

BUt guys unfortunately gas isn't any cheaper to run these cars. I love them but too expensive to run them

VikingJZ
08-24-2006, 08:46 PM
...and then on the eighth day...God invented the Prius...

extremeskillz
08-24-2006, 08:48 PM
^ hahahah....yea ------------> A Toyota

Cavanagh
08-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Ugh, American and UGLY 2 for 1 of badness.

2kSnakEater
08-24-2006, 08:50 PM
wtf do you mean??? yes gas isnt any cheaper but if your looking for gas saving car your looking at the wrong car, get your self a hybrid if your looking for high mpg, if you want high HP then get a challenger/Camaro. I love my F-body but Im really done with the 4 seater cars, my next go fast toy will be a Z06.

extremeskillz
08-24-2006, 08:54 PM
I agree man. I want HP but gas to support the HP isn't cheap anymore. (Well i Ethanol)

Who knows, But ill def buy the Challeger.

But like ive said in past threads ive seen EV's beat the shit out of the new Corvette and can wait till they become mainstream again. Electric cars are sick

www.nedra.com

2kSnakEater
08-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Keep your Celica, buy an LS1 powered car for speed. thats why I bought the All-Trac, well, that and I couldnt go from the LS1 to a 5SFE way too much of a power drop.

extremeskillz
08-24-2006, 09:09 PM
hahah. true. And i am keeping my celica because of her mint condition shes rare around where i live. But ill def get a Challeger to tune on and beat ricers all day.

Cavanagh
08-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Keep your Celica, buy an LS1 powered car for speed.
Don't go american for the love of God! Please so me a good American car that does't have problems? There ugly, heavy, gas guzzzlers, unreliable? did i get all of them? get somthing german/british/jappanesse. For even as low as 10k you have hella good options for speed. Im just an Anti-American car hater too.

extremeskillz
08-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Don't go american for the love of God! Please so me a good American car that does't have problems? There ugly, heavy, gas guzzzlers, unreliable? did i get all of them? get somthing german/british/jappanesse. For even as low as 10k you have hella good options for speed. Im just an Anti-American car hater too.

Who knows man. I just getting sick of the newer cars in general. Example Toyota used to have a great line of cars now they have all eco boxes, dropped the celica, so their sport car line is gone. I own a 2003 chevy express for my business and i notice improved engine design and economy. It has a 6.0 in it. With that said the quality of metal work and interiors are not top notch at all. Plastic suxs and when glue is you main thing holding the new cars together, I just have to see how long it will last.

2kSnakEater
08-24-2006, 09:48 PM
I read a recent Motor Trend article that says if GM doesn't get the next batch of pick-ups right...they're done for. Plus, GM makes shitty cars. We've had nothing but problems with any we've owned. And....they're known for low build quality (i.e. cheap ass interiors).

thats all iv owned and Iv had nothing but good things to say about them, your aviously buying the Cavaliers and expecting them to be Cadilacs, and we all know how truthfull motor trend can be :ugh:

extremeskillz
08-24-2006, 09:53 PM
thats all iv owned and Iv had nothing but good things to say about them, your aviously buying the Cavaliers and expecting them to be Cadilacs, and we all know how truthfull motor trend can be :ugh:

Sounds like a cavy to me too! The higher end cars are pretty good. New impala is nice. Monte Ok it needs to go back to its roots.

Cavanagh
08-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Who knows man. I just getting sick of the newer cars in general. Example Toyota used to have a great line of cars now they have all eco boxes, dropped the celica, so their sport car line is gone. I own a 2003 chevy express for my business and i notice improved engine design and economy. It has a 6.0 in it. With that said the quality of metal work and interiors are not top notch at all. Plastic suxs and when glue is you main thing holding the new cars together, I just have to see how long it will last.
I have to agree. All the japanesse are now moving to a more "earth-friendly" cars. (cept i'd say subaru and nissan) Toyota, I lost hope for them after hearing the celica was going to cease importantion to the US. Besides, i guess there sporty line is now scion, which sucks ass IMO.

extremeskillz
08-25-2006, 01:55 PM
I have to agree. All the japanesse are now moving to a more "earth-friendly" cars. (cept i'd say subaru and nissan) Toyota, I lost hope for them after hearing the celica was going to cease importantion to the US. Besides, i guess there sporty line is now scion, which sucks ass IMO.

Dont get me wrong its a good thing in a way but leaves us enthusiast without new options for our future driving. Suby's STi i love, Evo too, Scion Xc is nice but still hate Scion. Im a domestic and foreign car fan my main domestic (kinda) is dymlar crystler/mercedes. I huge with Dodge vehicles, but i will always love the my 93 celica

AznKlique
08-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Looks like a mean car...but 2000 for a sunroof?! Get the F#$@ out of here. What a RIP

Cavanagh
08-26-2006, 10:54 PM
^^^^:mswerd: